The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke & Doc Watson (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549575)

JHey! 06-15-2019 12:41 AM

Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke & Doc Watson

Here’s a cool video, thought I’d share for those who haven’t seen it before, and also for those who have . . . .

srick 06-15-2019 04:09 AM

Jhey! Thank you for sharing that! I was just listening to the local college station while on errands yesterday and was quite surprised to hear Leo Kottke being played - so this was a nice capstone.

Let me welcome you to AGF, albeit belatedly. This is a nice place on the internet!

For future reference, here’s how you embed a YouTube video: click here. There’s a lot more info in the faq.

Again, welcome.

Rick

JHey! 06-15-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srick (Post 6087055)
Jhey! Thank you for sharing that! I was just listening to the local college station while on errands yesterday and was quite surprised to hear Leo Kottke being played - so this was a nice capstone.

Let me welcome you to AGF, albeit belatedly. This is a nice place on the internet!

For future reference, here’s how you embed a YouTube video: click here. There’s a lot more info in the faq.

Again, welcome.

Rick

Thanks, Rick! I’m happy to finally be a member. I’ve come here for information in the past but only recently joined. It seems I’ve found some people who agree, more or less, on the finer things in life.

I’ll look more closely at how to embed videos for next time. I gotta admit, I’m not good at technical details when it comes to computering, so I might screw it up again, but I will try.

DukeX 06-15-2019 11:39 AM

Thanks for sharing JHey. That was awesome!

JHey! 06-15-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srick (Post 6087055)

Again, welcome.

Rick

Rick, I read the instructions on how to embed a video and I don’t understand. Do I actually have to copy and paste that stuff to the end of the url?

Josh

JHey! 06-15-2019 10:14 PM

Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke & Doc Watson

XWS1IRF_IFA[/url]

JHey! 06-15-2019 10:27 PM

J - go back to edit this post and make sure you click the “go advanced” button on the lower right of the editing box. Look at the difference between these two functions below and you’ll get it. I’ve changed the formatting temporarily (the ! replaced the /) so that the “/“ is not recognized as a formatting command.

1) the url -> [url]https://youtu.be/niT2q0ElP4g[!url]
2) YouTube -> [YOUTUBE]niT2q0ElP4g[!YOUTUBE]

https://youtu.be/niT2q0ElP4g

The YouTube function is on the upper right of this window(“go advanced” when editing) it looks like a big red “play” symbol.

srick 06-16-2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHey! (Post 6087674)
Rick, I read the instructions on how to embed a video and I don’t understand. Do I actually have to copy and paste that stuff to the end of the url?

Josh

actually Josh, it’s so simple. If you click on share when you’re on YouTube, then you’ll get an address for the link. Only the tail end of that address is needed to embed the video.

Copy that tail, click on the Youtube arrow (above the editing window) and paste it. Hope that made sense.

PS - I edited your post preceding this post and see how I did it, I will leave both techniques in place for you to see.

JHey! 06-16-2019 05:46 AM

https://youtu.be/XWS1IRF_IFA

JHey! 06-16-2019 06:04 AM

XWS1IRF_IFA

JHey! 06-16-2019 06:08 AM

Rick, I have looked at it, my wife has looked at it, and we still don’t get it. I am trying to do it on my phone (and the app) so maybe the functionality is limited or different. I apologize. In the meantime, I’ll continue to work on it.

srick 06-16-2019 07:04 AM

Josh -

The app may be the issue. Got a 16 year old in the house? :D

srick 06-16-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHey! (Post 6087793)
XWS1IRF_IFA

That's it! I'll bet the problem is the App. I do my heavy editing on a desktop.

Josh - so now, step away from the computer and enjoy this day! :)

JHey! 06-16-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srick (Post 6087827)
That's it! I'll bet the problem is the App. I do my heavy editing on a desktop.

Josh - so now, step away from the computer and enjoy this day! :)

Will do! It’s a bit rainy and cool here. Gonna lounge on the sofa with my new guitar.

Inyo 06-16-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHey! (Post 6087793)
XWS1IRF_IFA

That is a correct YouTube address to use here at AGF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHey! (Post 6087796)
Rick, I have looked at it, my wife has looked at it, and we still don’t get it. I am trying to do it on my phone (and the app) so maybe the functionality is limited or different. I apologize. In the meantime, I’ll continue to work on it.

Try this workaround--unless, of course, that specific phone and/or app mysteriously won't embed a YouTube video, to begin with:

1) Use this AGF code (without the quotes at beginning and end, of course, placed there solely to force the AGF YouTube embedding code to resolve here: ["YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE"] . Copy and paste that embedding code somewhere for reference for future use.

2) Copy and paste the YouTube address between those two bracketed and all-caps YOUTUBE "words." As in this configuration (without the quotes at the beginning and end, of course--placed there to force the entire example to resolve: ["YOUTUBE]Your YouTube URL Goes Here[/YOUTUBE"].

Thus (without those quotes at beginning and end of the AGF YouTube embedding code)--the YouTube video with that address XWS1IRF_IFA :

If in doubt about any step in the process, just hit the Quote button to this message and you'll see all the correct YouTube coding behind the embedded video in the quoted message.