The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Stringed Instruments (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   sliders! show us your slides :) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597664)

J-Doug 11-09-2020 02:10 PM

sliders! show us your slides :)
 
Hi there sliders,

Show us a pic of your slides!

https://i.imgur.com/1t8RFTw.jpg

L-R:
Dunlop 222 brass slide - never use it
Double cut real bottleneck - origin unknown
Diamond Bottlenecks Original - longer version
DB Mike Dowling Signature
DB Original - shorter version
DB Ultimate in Ruby Prism

What are yours?

joe paul 11-10-2020 03:59 AM

https://i.imgur.com/27VtcuZ.jpg

Seven from Diamond Bottlenecks - two Blue Diamond, one Redhouse and four Evolution I think. A Daddy Slide Phosphor Bronze in front and a Wolfram behind on the left, don't remember which, but not the one that costs a fortune. Plus coffee and a capo. Some days my favourite is the Daddy Slide, some days, today for example, it's the darker DB on the right.

J-Doug 11-10-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe paul (Post 6546022)
https://i.imgur.com/27VtcuZ.jpg

Seven from Diamond Bottlenecks - two Blue Diamond, one Redhouse and four Evolution I think. A Daddy Slide Phosphor Bronze in front and a Wolfram behind on the left, don't remember which, but not the one that costs a fortune. Plus coffee and a capo. Some days my favourite is the Daddy Slide, some days, today for example, it's the darker DB on the right.

Very cool!

Howard Emerson 11-10-2020 07:14 AM

Magnum bottleneck
 
I cut this one from a magnum champagne bottle with a wet saw

It's about 5/16" thick in some spots. It's got the perfect bottle glass texture with tons of mass to control the fundamental tones from the heavy string sets I use on my electrics and acoustics.

Plus, it is concave, so I can catch all six strings with no added pressure on the center strings. I put a small piece of felt inside for grip.

https://i.imgur.com/whURzmL.jpg

Regards,
Howard Emerson

J-Doug 11-10-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard Emerson (Post 6546068)
I cut this one from a magnum champagne bottle with a wet saw

It's about 5/16" thick in some spots. It's got the perfect bottle glass texture with tons of mass to control the fundamental tones from the heavy string sets I use on my electrics and acoustics.

Plus, it is concave, so I can catch all six strings with no added pressure on the center strings. I put a small piece of felt inside for grip.

https://i.imgur.com/whURzmL.jpg

Regards,
Howard Emerson

Also very cool!

joe paul 11-10-2020 09:12 AM

My mistake, I got mine wrong.
Diamond 'evolution' slides are one side glass, one side steel, and mine are definitely not, they are the lead crystal glass 'ultimate' type.
Hey, at least I worked out how to post a photo!

J-Doug 11-10-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe paul (Post 6546152)
My mistake, I got mine wrong.
Diamond 'evolution' slides are one side glass, one side steel, and mine are definitely not, they are the lead crystal glass 'ultimate' type.
Hey, at least I worked out how to post a photo!

Still cool Joe! My Ultimate seems to the winner for me right now. I prefer the double cuts and the Ultimate is a little heavier than the others.

Bob Womack 11-10-2020 11:32 AM

Okay, I'll play. Here's what I could find around home. My stuff is spread between home and the studio.
http://www.in2guitar.com/images4/slides2.jpg
In the circle, left to right:
a brass pipe cut and smoothed for me by my son
a steel/chrome thin wall slide
a Mighty Mite thick wall brass
a small Corricidin bottle
a large Corricidin bottle
Dunlop thick wall pyrex

Down front:
Shubb-Pearce SP3 Sally Van Meter ergo bar

The four in the middle of the circle are from the 1970s. I came by the Corricidin bottles honestly during a sinus infection while at college. They've done more live gigs than I can count and don't seem to want to break. My current favorite bottleneck is the Dunlop thick wall pyrex. Sausage fingers.

Bob

J-Doug 11-10-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Womack (Post 6546259)
Okay, I'll play. Here's what I could find around home. My stuff is spread between home and the studio.
http://www.in2guitar.com/images4/slides2.jpg
In the circle, left to right:
a brass pipe cut and smoothed for me by my son
a steel/chrome thin wall slide
a Mighty Mite thick wall brass
a small Corricidin bottle
a large Corricidin bottle
Dunlop thick wall pyrex

Down front:
Shubb-Pearce SP3 Sally Van Meter ergo bar

The four in the middle of the circle are from the 1970s. I came by the Corricidin bottles honestly during a sinus infection while at college. They've done more live gigs than I can count and don't seem to want to break. My current favorite bottleneck is the Dunlop thick wall pyrex. Sausage fingers.

Bob

Awesome Bob!

Silly Moustache 11-10-2020 12:55 PM

Here's my offering.


J-Doug 11-10-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly Moustache (Post 6546318)
Here's my offering.


Great stuff Andy!

Rudy4 11-10-2020 04:36 PM

When I used to build custom laps I had these available from my website. 1" solid pyrex with ebony handle, standard Dunlop slide with wood handle added, and 1" diameter solid stainless steel with ebony handle.

https://i.imgur.com/WPOheph.jpg

J-Doug 11-10-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy4 (Post 6546506)
When I used to build custom laps I had these available from my website. 1" solid pyrex with ebony handle, standard Dunlop slide with wood handle added, and 1" diameter solid stainless steel with ebony handle.

https://i.imgur.com/WPOheph.jpg

Wow nice!!!

blue 11-11-2020 04:11 PM

For glass I have a nice Diamond Bottlenecks blue bottleneck. I also have weird one made out of Fiber-Optic glass, which kind of looks like a blue Cat's eye gem. Pretty, but a little loose, and a little light.

https://media.musiciansfriend.com/is...00-500x500.jpg

For Metal I use a Latch Lake Acoustaglide. For Lap playing I use a bullet style as I play primarily Hawaiian and Blues, and use an old Broz-o-phonic. Those may be discontinued, because... You know... Closest thing I could find new was the "Latch Lake Bar"

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-bdgt...149014.jpg?c=2

J-Doug 11-11-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue (Post 6547333)
For glass I have a nice Diamond Bottlenecks blue bottleneck. I also have weird one made out of Fiber-Optic glass, which kind of looks like a blue Cat's eye gem. Pretty, but a little loose, and a little light.

https://media.musiciansfriend.com/is...00-500x500.jpg

For Metal I use a Latch Lake Acoustaglide. For Lap playing I use a bullet style as I play primarily Hawaiian and Blues, and use an old Broz-o-phonic. Those may be discontinued, because... You know... Closest thing I could find new was the "Latch Lake Bar"

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-bdgt...149014.jpg?c=2

Awesome blue!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=