The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When it rains, it pours.. (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509146)

AmericanEagle 05-02-2018 10:12 AM

When it rains, it pours..

As if I am not going through enough this year, I just got fired from my job today. Apparently my work performance does not meet their high standards.
This year has been a total nightmare for me thus far.

Cincy2 05-02-2018 10:25 AM

I'm very sorry for your misfortune. Please consider that while things look bad at the moment, it could be the beginning of a whole new world for you. One door closes and another opens. It's not easy to stay optimistic. Try. Try Hard! And most of all, if you feel you are being consumed by depression, get professional help. This too shall pass.

Cincy

Kerbie 05-02-2018 10:41 AM

Hang in there, AE. I'm so sorry to hear that news. Don't forget it's darkest before the dawn... Best of luck.

PorkPieGuy 05-02-2018 10:49 AM

OMG that's horrible!

I'll be thinking and praying for you!

So sorry.

architype 05-02-2018 11:15 AM

One door closes, another one opens.
Not sure what your field of expertise is, but there is a national shortage of good qualified labor in just about every field. It is a good time to be looking for a job. There may be something better out there waiting for you. Good luck in your search.

Dru Edwards 05-02-2018 11:31 AM

So sorry to hear that, Eagle. I know it's a lot easier to say 'keep your spirits up' than to actually be able to do that. Hoping that things turn around for you.

RP 05-02-2018 11:35 AM

I'm really sorry about your being fired. As one who has been fired twice in my later years, I'll tell you that not only is it not the end of the world, but it can very well turn into improved opportunities. The first time I was fired was part of a period when pretty much everything in my life was coming unraveled. Took a few years away from teaching, and then returned to the field with a response that honestly covered why I'd previously been fired. The second time I got fired turned out to be an opportunity to self-advocate, turn around my dismissal, and resulted in my reinstatement and my accuser being fired. FWIW I left and later returned to that same agency and was able to double my salary in the course of ten years from the time I was first fired which really enhanced my eventual retirement checks. I should note that doubling my salary, no mean feat for a teacher, did not involve any promotions or moving to a different state where teacher unions are active...

Ryler 05-02-2018 03:09 PM

I'm so sorry about this. Very painful event. You have my sympathies. I know you've been through a lot of upheaval this year. My best to you.

Dirk Hofman 05-02-2018 05:06 PM

Brutal, sorry to hear it. My sympathies are with you.

fitness1 05-02-2018 05:51 PM

Were you doing something you were passionate about, or just a job to get a paycheck? If the latter, look in your heart and try to figure out what you'd do if money wasn't an object, the attempt to pursue something along those lines.

Good luck with your transitional time.

Tico 05-02-2018 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear this.
I wish you all the best during your transition.

lfoo6952 05-02-2018 07:04 PM

American Eagle

Sorry about your job. I’ve been through it twice. Do you care to share what field you were in? Perhaps this community can help generate some good leads in your job search.

Start networking with friends and acquaintances. Attend your local professional organization monthly meetings. Take a fresh look at your resume.

AmericanEagle 05-02-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfoo6952 (Post 5718279)
American Eagle

Sorry about your job. I’ve been through it twice. Do you care to share what field you were in? Perhaps this community can help generate some good leads in your job search.

Thank you.
I am an analytical chemist. I analyze samples in labs using various instrumentation.

AmericanEagle 05-02-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitness1 (Post 5718210)
Were you doing something you were passionate about, or just a job to get a paycheck? If the latter, look in your heart and try to figure out what you'd do if money wasn't an object, the attempt to pursue something along those lines.

Good luck with your transitional time.

Thank you.
Just a paycheck.
I would love to do something different, but the pay is very important.
I wish, so much, that money was not an object.

Jim Owen 05-02-2018 08:02 PM

So sorry, AE.

I hope you find something soon. I know very few people to whom money is no object.