The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Emerald Shipping Video 5/20 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547518)

Captain Jim 05-22-2019 08:03 PM

Emerald Shipping Video 5/20

I just saw this on Facebook - what a spectacular variety of guitars, almost all (but one) with woody veneers. That new Kestrel looks amazing. So. Many. Beautiful. Guitars.

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...5419131471214/

I didn't see this video on the Emerald site, so no idea if it is anywhere other than Facebook.

I am really liking the bursts!

TheChicagoTodd 05-22-2019 08:47 PM

Oh my!! I see mine!!

Awesome!!

Todd in Chicago

El Duque 05-22-2019 11:25 PM

Nice!!

One of these days....

I was thinkin just black carbon but after seeing that I might have to save up for a veneer.

GuitarLuva 05-23-2019 06:44 AM

While I shouldn't be looking at these shipping videos at the moment, this particular video has to be one of my favorites to date, maybe favorite. There's a lot of beauty's there.

Guest 928 05-23-2019 09:17 AM

I really like the look of the Kestrel and think that the F hole top would look good on the just ordered X10 electric. The electric 7 with the offset hole has great projection--I wonder if that projection would diminish with F holes? Any suppositions?

TheChicagoTodd 05-24-2019 10:53 AM

I'm fond of the X30 with the deep vintage burst.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

TheChicagoTodd 05-31-2019 09:16 AM

Holey moley...

This is killin' me!! My new X30 has been ready for about 3 weeks, but they are out of Hiscox cases and don't know when the next shipment is going to arrive....I'm here crying in my coffee!! [emoji31] lol...

Todd in Chicago

Guest 928 05-31-2019 11:42 AM

Todd;

That extra salt can't be good for you.

Tøf 05-31-2019 01:11 PM

Whaaaaaat? No Hiscox? My X30 was supposed to ship today :-(

TheChicagoTodd 05-31-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tøf (Post 6075123)
Whaaaaaat? No Hiscox? My X30 was supposed to ship today :-(

That's what I was told 9 days ago. Hopefully they come in asap....this is some form of cruel and unusual punishment! ;-)

Cheers....

Todd

nuttyprof 05-31-2019 04:40 PM

Sorry!!!
When I went to pick up my x30, I was told I took the last case...

Earl49 05-31-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd (Post 6074943)
...but they are out of Hiscox cases and don't know when the next shipment is going to arrive....I'm here crying in my coffee!! [emoji31]

Ouch! The Hiscox X30 case is really nice, at least mine is from last December. I wonder if they would be willing to double box the guitar now and ship your hard case later? Maybe if you offer to pay a separate shipping charge... :evilgrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanB (Post 6075063)
That extra salt can't be good for you.

It's a closed system - the salt came from him (tears) and if it gets consumed again, no net increase. [Don't dangle these word problems in front of engineers.......]

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyprof (Post 6075240)
When I went to pick up my x30, I was told I took the last case...

So it is your fault! First come, first served. Another benefit of visiting the factory I suppose.

TheChicagoTodd 05-31-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl49 (Post 6075293)
Ouch! The Hiscox X30 case is really nice, at least mine is from last December. I wonder if they would be willing to double box the guitar now and ship your hard case later? Maybe if you offer to pay a separate shipping charge... :evilgrin:

It's a closed system - the salt came from him (tears) and if it gets consumed again, no net increase. [Don't dangle these word problems in front of engineers.......]

So it is your fault! First come, first served. Another benefit of visiting the factory I suppose.

He who shows up in person gets first choice!

I think Emerald said the cases come from England....isn't that relatively close? Not sure why it might take 3 or 4 weeks unless coming by canoe...unless someone forgot to order them in time to ensure supply dudnt run out...doh!

I'll just have to pour myself another glass of sake....and keep staring at pictures....of a beautiful guitar....finished weeks ago....and stranded thousands of miles away... on the Emerald isle. [emoji23]

Seriously, I look every night at a screen cap from the shipping video.

Since I ordered both the Hiscox and gig bag, maybe I will see if they can work with me on shipping the Hiscox separately for a reasonable fee. I'm coming soon on 8 months since I ordered I believe.

Cheers all...

Todd in Chicago

Earl49 05-31-2019 06:55 PM

We've received three Emerald guitars shipped in their gig bags, and that all worked out fine. Mr. Impatient says: start groveling and whimpering.

Where the cases come from is not that important. Jumbo is an unusual size from Hiscox and they probably only make a few small batches a year. The X30's actually shipped in wood TKL style cases for the first few months. My X30 fits nicely into the Alvarez JC-1 case bought for my ABT-60 baritone, BTW.

kramster 05-31-2019 08:25 PM

think I'll play my X30 now ... hope this helps.