The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   McKnight LowLander (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603949)

Mary 01-20-2021 05:07 PM

I have sent a few pictures as the process is coming along. I'm under the impression adding pictures is become more of a challenge. CigarFan .... you might get a call because you might need to teach several of us on the sharing picture process.

jjhturbo 01-21-2021 10:25 AM

16 Attachment(s)
Yes, Mary, you're right -- lots of updates/pics! Really excited at how this is coming along already!

Hopefully, I'm doing this right in terms of adding the photos. Not an expert at posting pics here.

jjhturbo 01-21-2021 10:31 AM

13 Attachment(s)
More pics!

cigarfan 01-22-2021 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary (Post 6609997)
I have sent a few pictures as the process is coming along. I'm under the impression adding pictures is become more of a challenge. CigarFan .... you might get a call because you might need to teach several of us on the sharing picture process.

I don't know ... it sure looks like JJ has things under control!

Lookin' good!

Mary 01-22-2021 10:54 AM

Yes, Sir. He sure does! I am impressed. I'm so pleased for his talent, too.

Nemoman 01-22-2021 01:44 PM

Looking good--love the blue!

jjhturbo 01-22-2021 04:16 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Double sides! Standard with all McKnight builds. Really love this design/feature.

jjhturbo 01-25-2021 01:37 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Latest updates!

jjhturbo 01-28-2021 04:49 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Coming along so beautifully. I was/am going for a relatively simple, elegant look, and am so pleased with what I'm seeing so far. Love the dark, straight-grain Amazon RW and the blue center seam...which is going to match the purfling.

jjhturbo 01-28-2021 04:52 PM

10 Attachment(s)
And more.....

fitness1 01-28-2021 05:28 PM

Wow - moving right along! Going to be beautiful!

Eire 01-29-2021 11:39 AM

I'm late to the game here but wish to chime in. I have a few McKnights with varying sound ports. While the Luckenbooth port looks cool, and I do have it on one of my McKnights, I'm partial to the dual sound ports myself (on two of my McKnights; see my 'Black Limba' on page five of the gallery). Maybe it's all in my head, but it feels more like stereo than what I gain from the Luckenbooth or what I've heard from the 'Todd port.'

Congrats on the build, though; Tim will have to correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Lowlander model isn't built as frequently as it should be. That wider lower bout at the tail does something special. Regardless of the model, I feel confident you will be more than fully satisfied by the guitar you eventually receive. And enjoy the process: That's almost as good as the actual guitar! Thanks for sharing the images with all of us.

A virtual tour of the wood room: I still think I'd be salivating and ready to pass out even via Zoom, but you're missing the aroma of all those marvelous woods! Hope you have a chance to truly visit Greater Metropolitan Morral at some point and enjoy the company of the McKnights in person. Great people. Great guitars.

Guitars44me 01-29-2021 04:35 PM

Looking GREAT

Nice one coming!!! Thanks for sharing this...

Enjoy it in fine health and high spirits

Salud

Paul

Bill Kraus 01-29-2021 05:46 PM

Wow, the construction of this beauty is well documented, this is one serious luthierie paprazzi (first time in my life I ever used two French words in a sentence, I must be getting smarter). I like the look of the blue bordered backstrip.

cigarfan 01-30-2021 04:43 AM

Looking really good! RW is phenomenal. Nice pick on the backstrip.