The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's your live rig? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275714)

Brendan @ Heartbreaker Guitars 12-11-2012 11:01 PM

What's your live rig?

I love my rig, this is it:

Renaissance RS-6
TC Helicon GX-t
Mama Bear

Bose L1 unit

Makes a crummy player like me sound pretty **** good!

bmc 12-11-2012 11:17 PM

TC Helicon GTX
Boss TR2 Tremelo pedal
SR Jam 150 Plus
Walden G3030CE
Sadowsky Vintage 4 string

Turp 12-11-2012 11:31 PM

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...p/P1010105.jpg

TC Electronics X4 Flashback
Ernie Ball Volume
Digitech Jamman Solo w/ stop and clear button

PU-LR Baggs Anthem

Amps- PowerWerks PW50, Scherlter David, or playing partner's Fishman SoloAmp.

6L6 12-11-2012 11:41 PM

For my solo gigs I use a 2006 Guild D-55 (Fishman pup) into a 2006 Fender Acoustasonic Jr DSP amp. In between is a BOSS BCB-6 case loaded with the following pedals:

- BOSS TU-2 Tuner
- BOSS Tremolo
- BOSS DM-2 Analog Delay
- BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus
- BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb
- BOSS GE-7 EQ

Couldn't be happier!

jennconducts 12-12-2012 12:03 AM

Usually:
Baggs Anthem
Bose T1
Bose L1 ModII

If I have a very long walk from the car, substitute BagAmp for the L1

Sometimes I use the Highlander PAMDI and Hardwire reverb instead of the T1

Rarely, I use the Fishman Aura Spectrum

Adair Neto 12-12-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6L6 (Post 3274631)
For my solo gigs I use a 2006 Guild D-55 (Fishman pup) into a 2006 Fender Acoustasonic Jr DSP amp. In between is a BOSS BCB-6 case loaded with the following pedals:

- BOSS TU-2 Tuner
- BOSS Tremolo
- BOSS DM-2 Analog Delay
- BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus
- BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb
- BOSS GE-7 EQ

Man, can you post a photo or a video of your rig?

ljguitar 12-12-2012 10:03 AM

Hi HB-1...
  1. Guitar (K&K dual source mini+internal microphone)
  2. Preamp (DTAR Solstice, Raven PMB or K&K Trinity)
  3. Amp - UltraSound DS-4 or AG-15 (depends on the gig)
  4. Preamp to snake to PA…simultaneous out from same preamp feeding the amp

The first 3 are my small gig rig and stage rig for larger gigs. If we need the PA, the amp becomes my stage monitor.

guitaniac 12-12-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartbreaker1 (Post 3274597)
I love my rig, this is it:

Renaissance RS-6
TC Helicon GX-t
Mama Bear

Bose L1 unit

Makes a crummy player like me sound pretty **** good!

You've reminded me that I miss my RS-6 and my Mama Bear. You really are a Heartbreaker :D.

I've gigged with four different guitars in the past year. They're all gig worthy, but I'll pick one.

Taylor 314 with a PUTW I/O UST on jack 1, Wendler Dynafield IV on jack2
Audix OM7 vocal mic (minimal proximity effect and very directional pattern)
TC Helicon Harmony-G (tuner, vocal EFX and occasional vocal harmonies)
Fishman Pro EQ Platinum preamp/DI (to send separate jack1 signals to the mixer and the Harmony-G)
2nd Platinum preamp (to send jack2 signal to mixer - not needed if gigging with my SoloAmp. I can take jack2 directly to the SoloAmp)

If its a quick setup/sound provided thing, I'll take one guitar and the Platinum preamp to use with a single pickup. (Three of my four gigging guitars are equipped with passive pickups which need the impedance buffering and gain provided by the Platinum. The active pickup benefits from the Platinum's tone shaping capabilities.)

On the subject of gear that I despise, I absolutely hate arriving at an open mic or showcase and finding that Audix OM5 mics are being used. If its a noisy setting, I can be assured that any low notes I sing will get buried in the crowd noise. That mic's bass rolloff starts at 120Hz, and there's precious little proximity effect to compensate for it.

rmyAddison 12-12-2012 10:57 AM

Guitars, see my sig below (I only use the GPCPA1 if I can't use a microphone)

MIcrophones
vocal - Neumann KMS105
guitar - Shure Sm-81

TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 w/expression pedal set for harmonies

FIshman Soloamp.

That's it, clean and simple, most of my gigs have house sound.

MaurysMusic 12-12-2012 11:31 AM

Martin OM-28V with Trance Audio Amulet M into Red-Eye Preamp into Bose T1 Tonematch & Bose L1 PAS.

OR

... sometimes my Takamine EF-440SCGN with Cool Tube in place of the Martin.

royd 12-12-2012 12:59 PM

two pickups - a Sunrise magnetic and a McIntyre SBT out via stereo cable to
Sunrise stereo buffer to
Dtar Solstice with
dbx 262 compressor in inserts
Digitech S100 digital effects unit in efects loop
to Fishman Soloamp or the venue's PA

wood nacho 12-12-2012 01:05 PM

Right now it is

-A variety of guitars equipped with Mag/SBT combo.
-Raven Labs PMBI
-Yorkville AC150/Roland BA330

In the near future it should be something like...

-A variety of guitar equipped with Mag/SBT combo
-Native Instruments Komplete 6 (Audio Interface)
-Macbook equipped with Logic Express
-Yorkville AC150/Roland BA330

alohachris 12-12-2012 01:15 PM

My Current Live Rig

Aloha,

My Live Rig (Updated 8/12):

Guitars: Three self-made OO/OOO sized Koa guitars - all 30+ years old. I need three for all the tunings I use. Currently building three new ones.

Dual-Source Guitar Amplification Systems: K&K Mini Pickup/AKG 416 hyper internal condenser mics in all three gigging guitars.

External Instrument Mic: In quieter settings, I'll add a JW-modded AKG 460 condenser or Heil PR 35 dynamic mic at around 4-8" away at the 18th fret. DR Pro low profile stand.

Preamp: Pendulum SPS-1 w/ PU-Mic plug-in module. The best live acoustic guitar preamp available, IMO. Fully parametric EQ prevents ALL feedback in ALL settings I've played to date. Greg's module is pure genius. 1 rack space.

FX: TC Electronics M-2000 Dual Engine Stereo FX Processor. I only use very light doses of FX in most cases, with few exceptions. This unit offers unbelievable control and over 500 presets. 1 rack space.

Power amp: Parasound 2125. Smooth, cool running. 2 rack spaces.

Speakers: Custom Koa Daedalus W803's. Best I've ever heard. Very nice in intimate or Auditorium venues. Proel stands & heavy covers.

Portable Rack: Odyssey BR-418 4-space portable rack with built-in HD handle and wheels. The preamp, FX unit & power amp are easily transported & controlled in this rack.

Cables: Canare/Neutrik, Mogami, Planet Waves.

Vocal Mics: AKG 535 condenser (often). Heil PR 35 dynamic (often). K&H stands.

Loud Band or Gig Pickup: If it gets loud at a gig, I slap in a Duncan Magmic SA-6 magnetic soundhole pickup & either use alone or blend w/ the K&K. I turn off all instrument mic's. Nice sound. No feedback. Not as natural sounding as my regular pickup system. Great for loud settings, tight stages & slide blues.

Accessories: Shubb Capos, self-made glass slides, National thumbpicks, large Fender medium flatpicks, mixed sets of light gauge D'Addario's (high E is .013, B is .017) or sometimes TM GHS's, acrylic nails. CMC music stand w/ Mighty Bright flexible stand lights.

What I bring depends on the gig/venue.

alohachris

SpruceTop 12-12-2012 04:16 PM

Live Rig:

Vocals: Shure Beta 58A;

Guitars: I'm currently in process of comparing:

A new Larrivee D-04 with just-added Schatten HFN Artist II (both guitar and pickup/preamp are new and I'm evaluating the Schatten installation);

and

A new 2012-edition Martin D-18 with Trance Audio Amulet M Dual Mono Guitar System (Trance Amulet M just installed and I'm evaluating setup);

or

Adamas 2080 NWT with VIP-5 preamp when I want things quick, simple and good;

Effects: TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 for vocal harmonies if and when I want something to trip over;

PA System: Bose L1 Model II with T1 ToneMatch and one or two B1 Bass Modules.

Regards,

SpruceTop

Guest 2143 12-12-2012 05:05 PM

Guitars: Martin M-38 or 000X1 with JJB pickup through Orchid Mini DI, and National VS Delphi
Microphones: EV N/D767 (vocals), AT Pro 37 or N/D967 (guitar)
PA: Yamaha EMX512SC through pair of EV SX100+ (mains), EV ZX1-90 monitor (monitor). Whole system not used all the time - depends on particular performance.
Porchboard through GK MB112