The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New AW16GCD project. Feedback Welcome. (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36732)

utah 12-21-2003 10:49 PM

New AW16GCD project. Feedback Welcome.

Thanks for the feedback folks. The song is now off the server.

aggie182 12-21-2003 11:22 PM

interesting.

utah 12-21-2003 11:28 PM

I'll take that as a good thing ;)

aggie182 12-21-2003 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by utah
I'll take that as a good thing ;)
no doubt. sounds good. maybe more bass??? its not my style of music really, so opinion shouldnt matter much, but i did like it. im in to punk music.

utah 12-21-2003 11:34 PM

No, it's not punk. But, hey I like punk too. And, I have thrashed hard, in my day :-) However....that was a while back, and no doubt...I'm much more mellow now...lol.

More bass eh. Maybe. You know, it's hard to mix bass. It sounds balanced in my studio monitors, and headphones, and on my main home theatre system. Even on my PC, which has a subwoofer.

but, then again....maybe it needs to be pushed up a bit.

I'm going to respond to your 8 track thread in a minute.

aggie182 12-21-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by utah
No, it's not punk. But, hey I like punk too. And, I have thrashed hard, in my day :-) However....that was a while back, and no doubt...I'm much more mellow now...lol.

More bass eh. Maybe. You know, it's hard to mix bass. It sounds balanced in my studio monitors, and headphones, and on my main home theatre system. Even on my PC, which has a subwoofer.

but, then again....maybe it needs to be pushed up a bit.

I'm going to respond to your 8 track thread in a minute.

thanks. i like bass in songs. i like to feel it AND hear it. but not too much obviously.

TimB 12-22-2003 05:28 AM

Utah, I don't usually comment on creative kinda stuff.

That said...:)

I really liked the song with the exception of the drums. It sounded VERY programmed, it is possible to make them sound more natural by varying them in small ways (is this called quantizing?). I might pull them back into the mix too.

Just my HO, what the heck do I know except what appeals to my personal ears. ;)

Cool that you can do this stuff!

-=Tim=-

utah 12-22-2003 05:43 AM

Hi Tim. Thanks for the comments.

Here's the deal on the drums. The drum sounds do sound weak. But, the drums you hear are temporary. I use the sequencer in my keyboard to program them...and, the drum sounds in the keyboard are not that great. The idea, is really to just lay in a basic drum track, with the keyboard....to build the basic song structure, and overdubs around. Hence the very basic pattern.

Later, I will replace the drum tracks. In this case, most likely I will either play them myself, or have another pal play them. Either way, we will use his Yamaha Electronic Drum kit to do it. These drums are amazing. So, easy to record. Stereo feed out of the control panel for the drums...and pick your kit sound.

Yet, you get all the feel and dynamics of a natural kit, and total ease of recording without mics. These newer Yamaha's are not those funky looking kits from the 80's...lol. But fairly sophisticated technology.

If not that. I will use a Software program, like Acid to build a replacement drum kit. As a side note...I am looking at getting a better sounding Drum Machine, such as a Boss. To lay in these basic drum sounds for building songs. So, that it does sound better at least in the early stages.

I'll put the song back up, when the drums are re-recorded....so I hope you check it out again then. Should be in the next few weeks at the latest.

Thanks for your feedback.
:)