The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Super Bowl LIV (...and then there were two) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570399)

Dru Edwards 01-25-2020 12:20 PM

Super Bowl LIV (...and then there were two)

Super Bowl LIV (54). San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs.

Predictions? Story Lines?

jpd 01-25-2020 12:26 PM

Predictions? Story Lines?

Jimmy G comes out firing the ball to everybody. Mahomes comes out firing the ball to everybody. The scoreboard runs out of numbers before the first half. The half time show is awful. The second half finds both teams running the ball and with 23 seconds left, Butker's 55 yard attempt is blocked and returned to the K.C. 25 where Gould wins it.:p

golfreggie 01-25-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpd (Post 6275457)
Jimmy G comes out firing the ball to everybody. Mahomes comes out firing the ball to everybody. The scoreboard runs out of numbers before the first half. The half time show is awful. The second half finds both teams running the ball and with 23 seconds left, Butker's 55 yard attempt is blocked and returned to the K.C. 25 where Gould wins it.:p

Liked your "prediction" except for the end. Lifelong Chiefs fan here, and of course I deeply desire a KC win, but regardless, this may be one of the best Super Bowls ever, and redemption for Andy Reid, this Super Bowl win for him cements his HOF reality for the future. Watch out for Mecole Hardman and a kickoff return of significance today. :)

JCave 01-25-2020 12:37 PM

Both great teams. While I'm a long time 49's fan, I hope KC wins. :D They're surprising everybody this year and they've earned it.

SoCalSurf 01-25-2020 12:47 PM

Gotta go with the Niners. Mahomes is the best player on the field but I think the totality of the 49ers run game and defensive front wins it.

FWIW, I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. My father and I used to go to games at Candlestick Park when it was possible to show up, buy a ticket, and sit virtually anywhere in the stadium. This was during the 1970s when the team was awful. I remember sitting behind the 49ers benches in the lower seats and being able to hear the players talking to each other.

Enter Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott et al., and we could no longer afford tickets to games. But I remained loyal for life. What a fun time to be a young boy and have a hometown team dominate throughout elementary, middle, and high school, much like young adult Patriots fans have experienced in this generation.

I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party and will have all of my old 49er memorabilia on display.

robj144 01-25-2020 01:00 PM

My prediction: If the Niner's Dline plays well (like they normally do) and pressures Mahomes, it will be close the whole way and into the fourth quarter. Then Reid will do something stupid and cost KC the game.

If the Niner's Dline doesn't play well, Mahomes will do his thing and not allow Reid to mess up the game. It'll be a blowout.

So, I either see a close game where KC blows it at the end, or a KC blowout. Predictions can make you like an idiot in hindsight, but I don't think the Niners will win in a blow out or KC will win a close game.

Dru Edwards 01-25-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCave (Post 6275468)
Both great teams. While I'm a long time 49's fan, I hope KC wins. :D They're surprising everybody this year and they've earned it.

You're a 49ers fan but you're rooting for your team to lose?

raysachs 01-25-2020 02:07 PM

I want KC to win - I'd like to see Andy get one (or two or three) before he's done. And their offense is so potent it could happen. But San Francisco is so strong in every aspect of the game that if I was a betting man, I'd have to bet on them.

The good news is I like both teams and will enjoy the game a lot no matter who wins. There's one team not there I'd have to be rooting for (and risking heartbreak if they lost) and three teams not there I'd be pulling hard against and bumming out if they won. So this is all a win win. And it might be a great game - never know...

-Ray

M19 01-25-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raysachs (Post 6275544)
I want KC to win - I'd like to see Andy get one (or two or three) before he's done.

That's what I said for Bud Grant the final three tries in the 70's. Didn't do it. Still in the HOF, so I think Andy will too, regardless.

TBman 01-25-2020 03:23 PM

Not a follower of either team, (Packer backer).

My football common sense says the 49er's will blow out the Chiefs.

I've been wrong before though, :D

JCave 01-25-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6275511)
You're a 49ers fan but you're rooting for your team to lose?

I'm torn..... ;)

AmericanEagle 01-25-2020 05:13 PM

Patriots!
Just kidding. I think the Chiefs will win a close game.

Borderdon 01-25-2020 05:15 PM

No dog in the fight, but KC likely wins it.
- Mahomes on the field enough to eventually wear down SF’s D.

raysachs 01-25-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanEagle (Post 6275687)
Patriots!
Just kidding. I think the Chiefs will win a close game.

I still have this nagging thought that the Patriots are gonna find a way to pull this one out...

1neeto 01-25-2020 08:04 PM

This game will be won by coaching and whatever defense shows up. 49rs have a killer zone defense, and a decent pass rush, and that’s gonna force Mahomes to do on the move passes or rush for yards. Jimmy G will do his thing and prove everyone wrong once again. 32-27 49rs.

After the 49rs win, Belichick will call in his favor, and the Patriots will get Nick Mullens.