The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Week 16 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566985)

robj144 12-22-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6246135)
Larmar Jackson ... another 3 passing TDs and 100 yards rushing. I think the Ravens just clinched first in the conference with today's win?

Yes they did. Only team that could catch their record is the Pats, but they lost to the Ravens.

Dru Edwards 12-22-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 6246147)
Yes they did. Only team that could catch their record is the Pats, but they lost to the Ravens.

Yea, the Pat's 3 losses are to the top 3 teams in the conference.

Brady tied Peyton Manning for 2nd on the career TD passing list at 539. Drew Brees passed Manning a couple of weeks ago for top spot. Don't think Brady will catch Brees at this point but we'll see what next year brings.

1neeto 12-22-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 6246147)

Yep that’s why I was rooting for them to lose today. It would keep the first seed race alive.

SprintBob 12-22-2019 04:35 PM

Saints keep marching on with 38-28 win against a strong Tennessee Titans team. Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas had fantastic performances especially Thomas as he broke the NFL single season reception record. They still don’t have the full defensive 1st string back so feeling optimistic about their playoff prospects. That’s pretty cool for Saints fans when combined with Brees NFL touchdown record.

But I know y’all all want to get back to talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots :evilgrin:.

Merry Christmas!

robj144 12-22-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6246172)
Saints keep marching on with 38-28 win against a strong Tennessee Titans team. Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas had fantastic performances especially Thomas as he broke the NFL single season reception record. They still don’t have the full defensive 1st string back so feeling optimistic about their playoff prospects. That’s pretty cool for Saints fans when combined with Brees NFL touchdown record.

But I know y’all all want to get back to talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots :evilgrin:.

Merry Christmas!

Saints are good, but you want them to get a 1 seed in the NFC this year. Especially since Niners, Packers, and Seahawks all play outside.

robj144 12-22-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1neeto (Post 6246154)
Yep that’s why I was rooting for them to lose today. It would keep the first seed race alive.

Pretty sure every Pats fan was rooting for the outcome, no matter how unlikely that was. No we need to root for the Bears.

Jobe 12-22-2019 05:57 PM

All indoor stadium teams are from henceforth disqualified from future competition. It is cheating. (Yes, I am a Pat's fan. We play outdoors like big boys.) And we hardly ever cheat.

robj144 12-22-2019 06:04 PM

Seriously though... why do southern teams like the Saints, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys, etc... play in a dome? It's not like the season takes place in the middle of the summer. The only team that might need a dome is the Vikings because Minnesota is so brutally cold.

Has there ever been a dome team that won a Superbowl without the 1 seed? I can only think of the Colts, Saints, and Dallas teams of the 90's, but I'm pretty sure they all had 1 seeds.

12barBill 12-22-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobe (Post 6246226)
All indoor stadium teams are from henceforth disqualified from future competition. It is cheating. (Yes, I am a Pat's fan. We play outdoors like big boys.) And we hardly ever cheat.

..."hardly ever" being the operative words there... :rolleyes: ;)

PTony 12-22-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 6246205)
No we need to root for the Bears.

Not if you’re a Chiefs fan ;)

PTony 12-22-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Sims (Post 6246233)

LOL+1 It’s not a matter of if...

Now to define what “hardly ever” equates to percentage wise.

PTony 12-22-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6246151)
Brady tied Peyton Manning for 2nd on the career TD passing list at 539. Drew Brees passed Manning a couple of weeks ago for top spot. Don't think Brady will catch Brees at this point but we'll see what next year brings.

I was a Manning fan for years. He was/is such a class act. I always loved watching him play against Brady. I’d watched an ESPN blip on Manning and Brady playing golf together recently. They were both very complimentary of one another. Man, I miss watching Peyton play.

That being said, I’m really enjoying watching Mahomes. Barring some unforeseen issue/injury I’m looking forward to seeing him mature and gain some more experience.

Jobe 12-22-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Let's not split hairs.

1neeto 12-22-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Pats don’t cheat any more or any less than the rest of the teams. But because they’re so awesome, they’re scrutinized the most.

PTony 12-22-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1neeto (Post 6246249)
Pats don’t cheat any more or any less than the rest of the teams. But because they’re so awesome, they’re scrutinized the most.

Here we go...:halo: