The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Have you fulfilled your guitar collection fantasies? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596798)

Guest 33123 10-30-2020 06:14 PM

Have you fulfilled your guitar collection fantasies?

Am I done with GAS? Probably never. But have I fulfilled my acoustic guitar fantasies? OH YEAH!

https://i.imgur.com/wYMG8qU.jpg

Have you fulfilled yours? If not, what are you pining for?

L20A 10-30-2020 06:21 PM

I am happy with what I have but I am always on the lookout for something that gets my interest up.

An example is my Baritone.
I like it but would be interested in the 8 string version.

My Resonator guitar is nice but it would be fun to have a Beard upgrade.

I have 2 guitars that don't get as much playing time as my others go.
I might look at selling them both for a nicer GA/OM size guitar.

So as you see, I'm happy but always on the look out.

SprintBob 10-30-2020 06:31 PM

To not be able to contemplate the next “one”..................oh my, the horror :eek:

Bob from Brooklyn 10-30-2020 06:39 PM

I am very blessed to have what I have but it's still fun having the antenna up for possible additions to the tribe.

Brucebubs 10-30-2020 06:44 PM

Unless a Guild F-612 shows up .... I think I'm there.

p.s. - Nice shot there J-Doug!

Mattface 10-30-2020 06:48 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

I'm very happy with what I have, but my dream collection would probably consist of a couple more guitars.

mischultz 10-30-2020 06:50 PM

I don’t even have the first piece in place. We’re making good progress on the family finances and I can see owning a second or third in the next few years, but the current Taylor isn’t the right fit as an only child.

I have a small chunk of music seeding money in the stock market with maybe a three year time frame. Weeks like this one are double depressing. Once for the evaporating value and again for the additional wait on the prize at the end of the line. But that’s what patience is for, to let the trajectory rebalance itself.

mc1 10-30-2020 07:12 PM

One of my guitar collection fantasies is that my new Pagelli guitar is trapped in a room full of french fries and the only way to save it is to eat my in.

Sadly, that remains unfulfilled.

sayheyjeff 10-30-2020 07:24 PM

Incredibly lucky to have a load of really nice guitars and time in retirement to play them. Never keeps me from thinking about other guitars. For a few years, the opportunity to play other great guitars owned by friends when we played together helped keep gas in check. Not be a particularly talented player also helped keep gas in check as I know I will not get too much more out of guitars I might find particularly interesting. However, the relative isolation we are in due to the pandemic makes me think about other guitars now jams are really not happening for the foreseeable. Would love to play a gypsy jazz guitar. A resonator would be cool too as would a nice classical or crossover. I think about 12 fret 000s as I find them particularly comfortable (short scale even better). A Flammang el35 like the one that got away a while back would get my attention as would a Kopp RJ. Then there are guitars I have found to be really special by luthiers I have met or seen their work in at a show or a store and found their instruments to have special appeal to me. Froggy Bottom, MaCubbin, McKight, Klassen, Big Hollow Blazer and Henkes, Osthoff, Indian Hill Mike, Dion, and more. Yea, have time to think about other guitars.

Jeff

Mandobart 10-30-2020 07:27 PM

I (currently) have the acoustic guitars I want. I've got my first guitar, keeping just out of sentimentality. Nice 12 string (Ovation slothead), classic bluegrass dread (HD-28), Eastman archtop, Altamira gypsy jazz guitar and Gold Tone Paul Beard round neck resonator. Each one different from the other.

A few of these I had been contemplating/researching for a while before buying. I'll never say never, but there's nothing I'm looking for right now.

I've got more than I need regarding fiddles and mandolin-family instruments as well.

I rented an upright bass a couple years back and really liked it. If I were to get another instrument it'd likely be an upright bass, tenor 'ukulele or 5 string banjo.

Mbroady 10-30-2020 07:34 PM

After several years of buying and selling I’m real close
I have one more to sell and two more to add
Additions are a 12 string, probably a Furch and the other is a Martin D-35, preferably an Ambertone D-35

Silly Moustache 10-30-2020 07:38 PM

Never!

However I should have. 3 dreads, three archtops, 2 12 strings, a 12 fret jumbo, a 000 and a 00, a dobro, a national, an weissenborn,a mandolin and a banjo - and in November lasyt year I bought a size "0" shown here :

and, contemplating passing my 0 model to a friend, I recently bought this :

Have I done ? Well I thought so last year, but when GAS attacks .....

fmbstrummer 10-30-2020 07:46 PM

Yeah. Right. Who does that?

FMB

BluesKing777 10-30-2020 07:55 PM

No, no and no...BUT...........I just love a houseful of acoustic guitars!

Now, this will give some of you the creeps, but you aren’t done until you have ordered a luthier hand built full custom to your specs! (the more guitars you have played and owned, the better your specs are!).

So I am going to my music room right now to play my custom built!

BluesKing777.

jpd 10-30-2020 08:19 PM

Hmmmmmm.....

Doug, your herd is looking good! Selling off my current group(except for the 0-15). Still looking for that mythical "Grail":guitar: