The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anybody in Dallas a big Monte Montgomery fan? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622591)

Puerto Player 08-05-2021 07:27 AM

Anybody in Dallas a big Monte Montgomery fan?

He's playing there tomorrow night 8-6-21. I had to buy an entire table of seats (6) to get two seats for my wife and I. I'm flying us out there for her Birthday present. She's a big fan of Monte's. I have 4 extra tickets. I'd like to give them away to "couples", if you're interested. But, maybe not. You can text me at 937-478-7232. He's playing at the the Granada Theater; doors open at 7 concert at 8pm.

Dadzmad 08-05-2021 08:47 AM

Saw him years ago at Shank Hall in Milwaukee - an amazing and very creative guitarist.

MJ Slaughter 08-05-2021 03:14 PM

He is an incredible player with a unique way of doing things. Saw him a few weeks ago in McKinney at The Guitar Sanctuary, just a mile from my house, with my friend who a long time friend of Monte's. My friend tells me his guitar is so hot and lively, running distortion pedal and compression on his acoustic, that he has to keep a hand on the strings when not playing so it doesn't go into uncontrolled feedback.

I played with my friend in a classic rock band a few years ago and at one of our gigs Monty was at the show and sat in using my friends rig. After Monty soloed a while he motioned to me to play but I was too enamored and told him to keep going so I could watch his playing. We're hoping to have a get together soon and of course guitars will be involved.

As much as I enjoy his cover of Sara Smiles I really enjoy some of his own songs. And his drummer is f'ing fantastic. I'm told that they started playing together in their late teens. Enjoy the show.

jwhelan56 08-06-2021 07:03 AM

It's also actually Monte's birthday party show he's doing there. I live in Grapevine and am thinking about attending. I'm personal friends with the owners of The Granada and had hoped to hang out with them, but they are out of town visiting their family.

Monte is a beast.....I got hooked years ago on his first CD and the title song called "1st and Repair".

Puerto Player 08-08-2021 02:27 PM

The show was pretty good. Got to see and meet Monte's wife and mom and some other relatives that were there at the show.

Someone above mentioned the drummer, yea he was good, as is the bassist, and the mix had them higher than Monte. Kind of ruined the show for me hearing massive snare, kick and bass all night. I've been to enough shows of his over the last 15 years to know what it's supposed to sound like.

Nobody took me up on the ticket offers so they went unused. Too bad.