The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What favorite Music DVD's/CD's are you enjoying this summer? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130469)

1after909 07-14-2008 07:22 PM

What favorite Music DVD's/CD's are you enjoying this summer?

Just thought I'd see what my fellow guitar aficionados are watching, and or listening to as we approach the dog days of summer.. It can be new or a classic, or maybe just a diamond that some of us may have missed...thanks!!
Oh, for me as of late I've been digging Jacob Dylans new solo (acoustic) album, And John Mayer's new live DVD which features him solo/acoustic, in a trio setting, and with a full band..horns et all. Man that boy can play!! And in Jacobs case I would think his Pop should be proud... Even though his Pop is Bobby Zimmerman (Bob Dylan) Hard to follow in those footsteps no matter who you are, or what you write..He IS the institution!!

JCW308 07-14-2008 07:23 PM

Tommy Emmanuel's new "Center Stage" live CD. Amazing!

thedict8or 07-14-2008 09:53 PM

emotionalism

Emotionalism, by the Avett Brothers. it's like the everly bros. mixed with the violent femmes. and the songs are BRILLIANT.

Chicago Sandy 07-14-2008 11:51 PM

Watching the Who specials (Six Quick Ones, Virtual Ticket) on the Music HD channel. Also revisiting "Almost Famous."

Jim Tozier 07-15-2008 06:33 AM

Listening: Mark Knopfler's Kill To Get Crimson
Watching: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Live in NYC

jwsamuel 07-15-2008 06:35 AM

Watching: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - Real Live Roadrunning
Listening: Richard Thompson - 1000 Years of Popular Music

Jim

sharkydude50 07-15-2008 06:40 AM

Watching Neil Young's "Heart Of Gold"
Listening to everything on Wolfgang's Vault :)

abomb4601 07-15-2008 10:27 AM

i always enjoy listening to matt wertz

flaggerphil 07-15-2008 03:17 PM

Watching the Cream reunion DVD.
Just listening to my favorite channels on XM radio (Top Tracks, '70s, '60s, Big Tracks and The Blend...I don't buy CDs anymore).

bjay540 07-15-2008 03:53 PM

the new Emmylou Harris
the production is most excellent
lots of good guitar work

mediumstrings00 07-15-2008 04:13 PM

Listening: Will Patton Ensemble - String Theory
Watching: John Mayer - Live in Los Angeles

leftys blues 07-16-2008 12:57 AM

Watching: John Mayer (although after watching him play....I dont know why I even bother picking up a guitar...how does that boy do all those wonderful things?), and Clapton's Crossroads Festival
Listening: New Jakob Dylan, Allison Krause/Robert Plant's Raising Sand, Aimee Mann's %#@!*

deepnback 07-16-2008 01:21 AM

Watching: Larry Carlton & Sapphire Bluesband in Paris,
Listening: Beady Belle - Belvedere (wonderful soulful music from Norway)
Torun Eriksen - Prayers & Observations (dito)

Chicago Sandy 07-16-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes (Post 1536023)
Picked up the Blu-Ray John Mayer live in LA DVD last night and watched most of it. Good stuff. Even though his breathy voice annoys me at times, I gotta give the man props. To borrow a phrase from Randy Jackson, the man can blow (sing). And he can play extrememly well. Loved the cover of "Free Fallin". For me, it's one of those surreal chill tunes I could listen to/watch over and over.

John

And he ain't even pitchy, Dawg!:D

Which is more than I can say after watching KT Tunstall duet with Darryl Hall on Conan last night (he let them do TWO songs). Her voice sounded like it was going to give out at any second, Hall was flat half the time and they both sounded on occasion like they were flailing about trying to find the melody ("...hmmm, I know it was in here somewhere, where'd it go...oh, THERE....darn, lost it again...."). Good playing, though.