The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Build Thread: New Era Maurer 000-12 Adi/Koa (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559820)

chippygreen 10-06-2019 10:21 PM

This is looking great! I can't wait to see that Koa under finish - it already looks alive in its unfinished state!

jt1 10-07-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6180165)
Beautifully played, my friend.

Better image of the tone-enhancing pickguard:

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6e&oe=5E219E14

The pickguard is inlaid into the top, which is the thinnest guitar top I've ever encountered. Those Larson boys were unique and talented.

justonwo 10-07-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt1 (Post 6181062)
Better image of the tone-enhancing pickguard:

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6e&oe=5E219E14

The pickguard is inlaid into the top, which is the thinnest guitar top I've ever encountered. Those Larson boys were unique and talented.

Yeah, Iíve always loved that cloud pickguard. So unique and cool. I may just do it. I wonder if Tony will inlay it into the top!?

jt1 10-07-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6181099)
Yeah, Iíve always loved that cloud pickguard. So unique and cool. I may just do it. I wonder if Tony will inlay it into the top!?

He must. As Tony well knows, just having the cloud pickguard in the same room as a guitar improves the guitar's tone by 3.687 %. Gluing the pickguard to the finished top improves tone by 7.897 %. Inlaying the pickguard, as we all know, improves tone by 11.686 %. No rational luthier would resist inlaying a cloud pickguard.

OK, I know Tony well. He's not often rational, but if you strike at the right moment ...

gitarro 10-07-2019 07:38 PM

Justonwo will you be having the steel rod running from neck block to tail block that the Larson brothers sometimes used? (Substituted for carbon fiber I suppose)

justonwo 10-07-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gitarro (Post 6181181)
Justonwo will you be having the steel rod running from neck block to tail block that the Larson brothers sometimes used? (Substituted for carbon fiber I suppose)

Negative. I believe that was the Prairie State guitars for the most part. I donít like the look and Iíve heard they arenít the best tonally. This will be like the 20s Larsons except no 1 7/8Ē nut.

ericcsong 10-08-2019 08:17 AM

looking great Juston! Will you adopt me if I buy a mahogany guitar? :D

wezzywest 10-08-2019 09:04 AM

Really looking forward to this build, if it is as good as the Fairbanks KGal the we are in for a treat. Cheers.

justonwo 10-08-2019 10:02 PM

How about this to go with the style 8 theme?

http://jus-tone.com/misc/NewEra/cloud_with_inlay.jpeg

jt1 10-09-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6182026)
How about this to go with the style 8 theme?

http://jus-tone.com/misc/NewEra/cloud_with_inlay.jpeg

I Love it!

Jimmy Caldwell 10-09-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6182026)
How about this to go with the style 8 theme?

http://jus-tone.com/misc/NewEra/cloud_with_inlay.jpeg

It's perfect!

SJ VanSandt 10-09-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6182026)
How about this to go with the style 8 theme?

http://jus-tone.com/misc/NewEra/cloud_with_inlay.jpeg

A vine growing up into a cloud? Juston and the beanstalk?

jt1 10-09-2019 01:03 PM

It's one of my favorites of the Larson Brothers inlays.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.yuku...b230894140.jpg

cigarfan 10-12-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt1 (Post 6180150)
The inlaid cloud pickguard improves tone by 11.686 %.


Love it John :up:

You sure that wasn't 11.7%?

jt1 10-12-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarfan (Post 6184821)
Love it John :up:

You sure that wasn't 11.7%?

Thank you, kind sir!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=