The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How do you access the internet??? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569246)

mr. beaumont 01-14-2020 09:58 AM

Almost always on my phone. I rarely sit:)

PorkPieGuy 01-14-2020 10:17 AM

Desktop because I'm on the internet just about all day with my job (online college instructor). When I go home, I try my best to leave all screens behind and spend time with my family.

I made a point last night to put my phone in the bedroom plugged in and not look at it unless I get a text. I've not slept that good in weeks. I'm going to do it again tonight.

619TF 01-14-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raysachs (Post 6264865)
Well, if I had to forsake all other methods, I'd have to assume a desktop or laptop because it could hook up via direct cable or wirelessly and the only reason I can see having to forsake all other methods is because the infrastructure had crashed and ethernet might be the best chance we had left?

Kind of like if I had to choose between ONLY eating Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, or American food, the only situation I can imagine where that would happen is if somehow nothing was available except the most native of the food choices, which in my case would be American.

Otherwise, why would you have to choose just one?

^^ THIS

Completely impossible to "choose just one" for the reasons mentioned in the above plus many of the other other comments. It's a where and when thing not a what and why.

Bob Womack 01-14-2020 11:09 AM

Yep. During the day I access via two desktops at the recording studio. At night and on weekends I've got my surface laptop at home. There is no primary.

Bob

HodgdonExtreme 01-14-2020 11:17 AM

Desktop at work
50/50 phone vs laptop at home
phone when I'm out and about

No way to choose which is "primary".

reeve21 01-14-2020 11:23 AM

Microsoft Desktop at work and iPad at home get the most screen time.

But I also have an iPhone, an Apple watch and a Microsoft desktop at home.

So I'm in the "no primary" camp, and found it impossible to cast an accurate vote for one device only. If forced to choose one I guess it would be the iPhone, as it can do it all to some extent, including telephone calls (I've never liked to use my computer as a phone).

Good thing I don't watch much TV :)

imwjl 01-14-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Womack (Post 6264932)
Yep. During the day I access via two desktops at the recording studio. At night and on weekends I've got my surface laptop at home. There is no primary.

Bob

I keep hoping for the Surface family to start or have the Apple continuity and handoff features. This comes from the news and releases where they're developing a sophisticated Android device.

Microsoft has done such a good job with Surface family and cloud that it might be a key or components of catching up to features I value in my work flow. If their phone continuity improves I still feel or fear a while before someone catches up with Apple wearables.

DesertTwang 01-14-2020 11:37 AM

I have no one primary way. I use a Macbook, a Chromebook and an Android smartphone evenly across the board. Very occasionally, an iPad as well. And I think that's how most people access the internet these days...

ahorsewithnonam 01-14-2020 11:42 AM

Only have iPads.

RP 01-14-2020 04:17 PM

Thanks to Jeremy, AGF Administrator, for adding "Tablet" as a category and resetting the poll...

jazzereh 01-14-2020 04:30 PM

Not only my desktop but mostly. I use a laptop and my phone on occasion. Got rid of everything apple a while back. I will not use anything other than my desktop for things like banking, investment and other personal stuff and I'm very careful about security on it as well.

DanR 01-14-2020 05:04 PM

My internet access is via a desktop at home. I do check out AGF and TGP sometimes along with my credit union when I am at work (I am a designer in the automotive business) via a laptop connected to a larger monitor, only during lunch, of course ;)

Nash Rambler 01-14-2020 06:33 PM

Windows desktop. I don't own a portable phone and I use a tablet mostly for reading.

rokdog49 01-14-2020 07:15 PM

We use two laptops, an IPad and my Smart Phone.

Dirk Hofman 01-14-2020 07:18 PM

Laptop, tablet, phone, AppleTV, videoconferencing tools, probably others...