The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Liberty Mutual Insurance TV commercials - What commercials do you love to hate? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613187)

Acousticado 04-19-2021 08:28 AM

The CarShield commercials with IceT bug me. It’s mainly the repetitive background music that just seems to grate on my nerves.

Dirk Hofman 04-19-2021 08:53 AM

People still watch commercials?

ghostnote 04-19-2021 09:22 AM

It's just businesses trying to sell you stuff, and without them you wouldn't be able to watch the show that the commercials interrupted. I just wish there were fewer of them, because commercial time is when I get up to grab snacks, and I could definitely use less of those!

Caddy 04-19-2021 09:40 AM

Most of the commercials on TV only convince me to never buy their product or use their services. Almost none sway me to use their product or service. Geico, Liberty Mutual, Progressive, The General and so many others only firmly convince me never to give them any business. So many of them just irritate the h—- out of me. If the business is financial or has to do with other serious things like insurance, medical etc. I don’t want silly entertainment or cartoon characters. I want facts.

Too bad they couldn't have put Flo, the emu and The General on that Mars mission and left them there!

Nymuso 04-19-2021 11:26 AM

I love commercials! I appreciate good acting performances where ever I find them and will often look up the actors on IMDB.

I used to enjoy the Mayhem spots Dean Winters did for Allstate. Some of the Liberty Mutual ads have been amusing but my favorite of those was the “Bad Actor” one. I think he (Tanner Novlan) improvised the whole thing; I found the out takes on YouTube and he is hilarious.

frankmcr 04-19-2021 01:02 PM

I miss the Spongmonkeys.

(Note plentiful acoustic guitar component.)

Denny B 04-19-2021 01:07 PM

I don't watch or listen to commercials...any commercials...

I mute as soon as they come on, and my TV captioning tells me how many commercials are in the que and how long they'll last, so it's easier to utilize the delay...

I can honestly say, I've never been influenced to buy or utilize a service based on a commercial...but like some others have said, I have been influenced to make sure some of them never make a dime from me...

rmp 04-20-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDB (Post 6694467)
As a competitor of LM I wish I could have somehow obtained a list of LM customers within 50 miles of my office. I could have been rich.

Their customer service, especially at claim time, is horrible.

Well, none of them want to give you back a penny.

The Watchman 04-20-2021 08:47 AM

Well they got everyone talking about them so they achieved their purpose. I must admit I always look up when I hear a Dr Rick (Stop turning into your parents) commercial for Progressive, as well as an ATT ad with "Lilly".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nymuso (Post 6694657)
Some of the Liberty Mutual ads have been amusing but my favorite of those was the “Bad Actor” one. I think he (Tanner Novlan) improvised the whole thing; I found the out takes on YouTube and he is hilarious.

Hey, I am embarrassed to say I recognized him as a new regular character on The Bold & the Beautiful (mother's favorite show) so apparently a real actor.

Highroller 04-20-2021 08:48 AM

There's some State Farm ones that are WAY worse than Liberty Mutual's, but yeah ... they're all bad.

Recently, most offensive imho: a diaper commercial featuring Born To Be Wild as the soundtrack. Somehow, I don't think Steppenwolf had that in mind when they wrote that!

Fretboard Phil 04-20-2021 09:31 AM

Here in Michigan we're being hammered with ads for on-line gambling web sites. I guess one could conclude their likelihood of beating their system by seeing how much money the web-site owners have available to advertise.

Riverwolf 04-20-2021 09:37 AM

I like the yellow car on LM. Is that a Dart or a Duster?

blue 04-20-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highroller (Post 6695378)
There's some State Farm ones that are WAY worse than Liberty Mutual's, but yeah ... they're all bad.

Recently, most offensive imho: a diaper commercial featuring Born To Be Wild as the soundtrack. Somehow, I don't think Steppenwolf had that in mind when they wrote that!

Not as bad as this if you know what the song is about...

M19 04-20-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatswodo (Post 6694458)
...I’d rather listen to Vogon poetry.

As long as you have your towel.

KenL 04-20-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwolf (Post 6695433)
I like the yellow car on LM. Is that a Dart or a Duster?

Duster, believe it or not. I thought they had all rusted into oblivion by 1995.