The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EV Everse 8 Club (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665089)

JakeStone 02-12-2023 08:25 PM

EV Everse 8 Club

Scored an Everse 8 yesterday and so far very pleased.

Still on the honeymoon - but so far the sound is fantastic- effects and EQ are very nice, easy to use.

As a solo acoustic guitar/singer/performer this will be a great unit!
Planning on using it for small venues on its own and for larger venues,
as a monitor then out to my Bose Pro8 PA.

The wireless app is useful too.

Sound and feature wise - Definitely a step up from my Bose S1 Pro.. which I’ve used for past 5 years!

- let’s share some tips and tricks !

necrome 02-12-2023 10:12 PM

One great tip I learnt from another user here on the forums. You can use the Aux input as a third for an instrument / mic. I tried it with an sE v7 and it works great!

ZackPomerleau 02-12-2023 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrome (Post 7189328)
One great tip I learnt from another user here on the forums. You can use the Aux input as a third for an instrument / mic. I tried it with an sE v7 and it works great!

That might have been me!

We just used one for music at a really big farmers market. It was probably slightly too underpowered but I’m of the opinion EV put a premature limiter on this thing. I personally think you could go another 3db or so before you actually should worry about the thing actually having issues but that’s just me. They have told customers the flashing light is a notification that you’re 6dbs away from the top of the headroom. To me that’s still a lot of space.

Regardless, you’d be surprised how much space it’ll fill. Open air venues and indoors it does amazingly well. I’ve found if there’s something for the sound to bounce off of within 40-50 feet in any direction it makes it capable. A fully open outdoor area is the one weak point, but that’s typical of most sound systems. Even then, I found having something behind it improves it. It’s pretty wild how well it does!

Paoli 02-13-2023 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 7189259)

Still on the honeymoon - but so far the sound is fantastic- effects and EQ are very nice, easy to use.

Sound and feature wise - Definitely a step up from my Bose S1 Pro.. which I’ve used for past 5 years!

Congratulations!

ZackPomerleau 02-13-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 7189259)

Here’s a tip. Go to the Main, and go to PEQ. Add a hi cut and you’ll gain significant volume before limiting.

JakeStone 02-14-2023 10:50 AM

Just getting around to reviewing it fully.

It's a keeper and IMO is next level compared to the S1 Pro.

For me... I don't need or like using an "outboard" mixer.
It is cumbersome for my solo singer guitar player gigs.

The EV Smart App is excellent and
although some seem to say it's difficult.. It's not!

It just takes a few sessions to sit with it and touch and turn every page and knob.
The EQs are stellar (again for a simple solo player it is perfect).
Also the effects and presets are super clean, sound great and are useful.
I have the iPad attached to my mic stand, so it is always at my fingertips.

Sound wise, I am not gonna split hairs. The Bose S1 pro is wonderful little box.
The Everse is just a little more "beefy" for lack of better word.

So I have a gig next Sunday and will bring the EV8 as my floor monitor / mixer
and send the output to my Bose Pro 8.
We'll see how everything sounds!

ZackPomerleau 02-14-2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 7190275)
Just getting around to reviewing it fully.

It's a keeper and IMO is next level compared to the S1 Pro.

For me... I don't need or like using an "outboard" mixer.
It is cumbersome for my solo singer guitar player gigs.

The EV Smart App is excellent and
although some seem to say it's difficult.. It's not!

It just takes a few sessions to sit with it and touch and turn every page and knob.
The EQs are stellar (again for a simple solo player it is perfect).
Also the effects and presets are super clean, sound great and are useful.
I have the iPad attached to my mic stand, so it is always at my fingertips.

Sound wise, I am not gonna split hairs. The Bose S1 pro is wonderful little box.
The Everse is just a little more "beefy" for lack of better word.

So I have a gig next Sunday and will bring the EV8 as my floor monitor / mixer
and send the output to my Bose Pro 8.
We'll see how everything sounds!

I’d be curious if you had to use your Bose (I understand the sound qualities the Bose offers is different). I’ve been surprised what the Everse can do gig wise.

kgreener 02-14-2023 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau (Post 7189825)
Here’s a tip. Go to the Main, and go to PEQ. Add a hi cut and you’ll gain significant volume before limiting.

New Everse 8 owner here, and I’m interested in gaining some extra volume as well. I tried your suggestion, but I don’t see a high cut option in PEQ, just low cut 80hz, 120hz, and a bunch of others. Can you elaborate on how to get this high cut you mention? Or perhaps you mean high pass (which from what I've read is basically the same as a low cut)? Thanks.

JakeStone 02-14-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau (Post 7190385)
I’d be curious if you had to use your Bose (I understand the sound qualities the Bose offers is different). I’ve been surprised what the Everse can do gig wise.

The Everse 8 is great.. But I'm not going to depend on it to fill a large room (at a nice paying gig). The Bose Array is going to fatten up the sound and guarantee coverage thoughout the venue.. I plan on mixing through the EV8 and send the output XLR to the Bose Pro 8.

ZackPomerleau 02-14-2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgreener (Post 7190700)
New Everse 8 owner here, and I’m interested in gaining some extra volume as well. I tried your suggestion, but I don’t see a high cut option in PEQ, just low cut 80hz, 120hz, and a bunch of others. Can you elaborate on how to get this high cut you mention? Or perhaps you mean high pass (which from what I've read is basically the same as a low cut)? Thanks.

That it. I always call it low cut. The hi pass will gain you probably 3 dbs or so if you cut around 50 or so. The guitar and voice don’t need that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 7190710)
The Everse 8 is great.. But I'm not going to depend on it to fill a large room (at a nice paying gig). The Bose Array is going to fatten up the sound and guarantee coverage thoughout the venue.. I plan on mixing through the EV8 and send the output XLR to the Bose Pro 8.

Fair enough. We’ve used it at a well paying gig outdoors and it faired quite well. Approximately the same volume as our Bose but not as room filling but still pretty incredible for the size. Just definitely not the decibel level they advertise.

necrome 02-15-2023 04:33 AM

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=13#detail

Just want to let Everse 8 owners know this is the PERFECT backpack for the amp. Not sure if you guys can get it easily cause it's from China but I shipped it to Singapore pretty cheaply.

jjbigfly 02-15-2023 09:07 AM

The link works…but no backpack. And, not being able to read other languages is sort of an issue. 😇

JakeStone 02-20-2023 10:31 AM

Anyone looking for a carry bag for Everse.

Check out the Gator Tote8 $69 -

Perfect fit and makes it super easy to carry.

kgreener 02-20-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeStone (Post 7194363)
Anyone looking for a carry bag for Everse.

Check out the Gator Tote8 $69 -

Perfect fit and makes it super easy to carry.

With all due respect, I purchased one of these Gator totes and ended up sending it back. I'm usually a big fan of Gator products and have many of their bags, but for some reason this bag in my opinion had almost no padding in it, and the material felt more like a dust cover rather than heavy nylon denier. I ended up getting a QSC CP8 tote (per Aaron Short's Youtube video recommendation) and feel it's much more padded and will provide better protection than the Gator. It's a bit of a tighter fit, and yes, it's $20 more, but I think it's worth the extra cost.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this! 🙏

guitargabor 02-20-2023 11:15 AM

This bag seems to work quite well IMO

(Amazon)

ITHWIU Speaker Tote Bag for Compact 10" Speaker Cabinets; Heavy-Duty Fits QSC K10, Yamaha DXR10 and more (IT-TOTE10), Black