The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How re-usable/re-sellable are systems like Baggs Anthem? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538903)

ii Cybershot ii 02-22-2019 12:49 PM

How re-usable/re-sellable are systems like Baggs Anthem?

I am considering buying some systems that have controls mounted to the sound hole, or other various parts that have a one-time sticky pad. I want to test them out in one of my cheaper guitars (Eastman) to see how I like them before I go for a full install in any my main guitars which would require the removal of preamps, battery compartments, etc.

Are these types of systems re-usable or re-sellable? How permanent is the adhesive that comes with these originally? Can I just take them out and transfer them from guitar to guitar with some new double-sided tape?

Thanks!

Petty1818 02-22-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ii Cybershot ii (Post 5987309)
I am considering buying some systems that have controls mounted to the sound hole, or other various parts that have a one-time sticky pad. I want to test them out in one of my cheaper guitars (Eastman) to see how I like them before I go for a full install in any my main guitars which would require the removal of preamps, battery compartments, etc.

Are these types of systems re-usable or re-sellable? How permanent is the adhesive that comes with these originally? Can I just take them out and transfer them from guitar to guitar with some new double-sided tape?

Thanks!

The Anthem is very easy to remove and use again. I actually sold my SL and you would never know that I had ever used it. Lr Baggs typically ships a lot of tape so it's easy to work with.

The only pickup that was a pain was the Amulet. The transducers were easy to remove but the Volume/Tone control module on the sound hole would not let go. Honestly I feel like that part is ruined. I got it off but the tape is still all stuck to that part.

GuitarLuva 02-22-2019 04:19 PM

As Petty said they are pretty easy to remove/install. I'll be selling 2 Anthem systems in the near future so I can't speak for that yet but I would imagine, as long as the price is reasonable, it shouldn't be a problem to sell. One man's junk is another man's treasure!

ii Cybershot ii 02-23-2019 01:06 AM

Great, thank you both!

guitaniac 02-23-2019 07:01 AM

As has been observed, its easy to remove the system and transfer it to another guitar. Its easy to get more mounting tape for the Tru Mic and control module, and the Element UST is very durable and easy to install (no soldering needed).

I've bought and sold used pickups on many occasions. I don't mess around with it, as I'll sell for half of the new item street price or less. I look for the same price range when buying used. I've been able to find legitimate guitar and gear bargains more often than is healthy for my pocket book. At the moment, I'm feeling crazy lucky to have scored an immaculate anniversary model Crafter w/deluxe case for $500, although I have too many guitars already. If I had any sense I'd resell it, but its just too nice. :D