The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "Crying in the Rain" cover (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534454)

Glennwillow 01-12-2019 06:43 PM

"Crying in the Rain" cover

This is my cover of the Everly Brothers 1962 song, "Crying in the Rain", by David Coverdale & Howard Greenfield. I have added harmony, bass, a Telecaster, and some percussion. I hope you like this! Thanks for listening!

This is the first time I have used this Telecaster in a recording -- I bought it from RP on the AGF a couple of years ago. It sure sounds good combined with the Olson acoustic. And I have always loved this song so it was a real pleasure to record this. :)

The telecaster is going through a Fender Blues Deville 410 dialed to a very clean setting with a Roland Boss tremolo pedal in front. It's a very nice, old fashioned sound, easy on the ears. I have some of the Telecaster trebles rolled off on the guitar, again to make it easy on the ears.

I also put together a tutorial on how to play this song that I posted here, but I don't think anyone has even seen this. The tutorial video is here:

Thanks for watching! :)

- Glenn

Stratcat77 01-12-2019 06:46 PM

Another Glenn production that made my day!!!!!!

One of my favorites!

Love what you do and thanks as always for sharing, my friend !

Marty

Glennwillow 01-12-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratcat77 (Post 5946678)
Another Glenn production that made my day!!!!!!

One of my favorites!

Love what you do and thanks as always for sharing, my friend !

Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks so much! You are so generous with your support and kind words! You made my day, too!

Man, I sure love this song! Recording this was totally stress free -- it just felt so very good!

Thanks so much Marty!

- Glenn

Stratcat77 01-12-2019 07:20 PM

So, we’ve still got a couple more EBs that I love...!

Cathy’s Clown
Til I Kissed Ya.

Glennwillow 01-12-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratcat77 (Post 5946711)
So, we’ve still got a couple more EBs that I love...!

Cathy’s Clown
Til I Kissed Ya.

Hi Marty,

Yes, I hope to record those songs, as well! "Cathy's Clown" may be a challenge, but who knows!

Thanks for your suggestions!

- Glenn

Stratcat77 01-12-2019 07:44 PM

It’s truly amazing to me how timeless their music is all these years later. They really set the standard for great pop harmony!

Glennwillow 01-12-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratcat77 (Post 5946736)
It’s truly amazing to me how timeless their music is all these years later. They really set the standard for great pop harmony!

Yes they do! And it's quite a pleasure to learn to sing their songs and actually discover how they do it and what it sounds like! This has been very good for me!

- Glenn

SprintBob 01-12-2019 09:12 PM

Great job Glenn, and the hits just keep coming. Every time I come to Show and Tell, it’s all about where’s Glenn’s latest!

Glennwillow 01-13-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 5946804)
Great job Glenn, and the hits just keep coming. Every time I come to Show and Tell, it’s all about where’s Glenn’s latest!

Thanks Bob!

I appreciate your listening and taking time to comment! It's very nice of you to provide support for my efforts!

- Glenn

UKPhil 01-13-2019 04:22 AM

Good work Glenn, really enjoy the video :)

Murphy Slaw 01-13-2019 06:20 AM

I just saw an old Johnny Cash show the other day with them and their Dad was on it too. Timeless.

Thanks for that Glenn.

Glennwillow 01-13-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKPhil (Post 5946940)
Good work Glenn, really enjoy the video :)

Hi Phil!

It's great to hear from you. I am so glad that you enjoyed the video! I have been enjoying your music, also!

- Glenn

Glennwillow 01-13-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw (Post 5946984)
I just saw an old Johnny Cash show the other day with them and their Dad was on it too. Timeless.

Thanks for that Glenn.

Hi Murhp!

Thanks for your comments!

That would be interesting to see -- the Everly Brothers with their Dad, Ike, I think. I guess their mom and dad sang as a duet in Kentucky and when the boys were young, they were on the radio before school.

- Glenn

islandguitar 01-13-2019 10:24 AM

HI Glenn!!! Timeless indeed!! Do they even write such great songs like that anymore? :)
Just.......WOW! Wonderful production...you've a got a great band going on there!!!
Enjoy your day,
Fred

JakeStone 01-13-2019 10:38 AM

Glenn .. Sound and performance is fantastic.

Enjoyed it!