The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Reaching out for opinions on these compositions (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533340)

Hasbro 01-02-2019 10:56 AM

Reaching out for opinions on these compositions

I find these three tunes original, emotional, refreshing, and dare say it will stand the test of time. The funny thing is that they are covers of melodies from nintendo. Before you go knocking, give these a listen. Nintendo went to great lengths to find accomplished composers for the background music of their games, especially their flagship games.

This guitar player is amazing, finds the harmonies, feel, and general vibe on solo guitar.

Would others agree that these have a "classical" quality, which i take to imply they have unique memorable themes, developed and beautiful, tension and resolution, dynamic contrasts, etc.

rick-slo 01-02-2019 03:42 PM

There is a lot of great original music in some video games. Much is very pretty.

Probably like the first one the best of what you posted. The music you posted here may be somewhat abstract melody wise for many people, including me in places.

Very nice playing and recorded sound (assume that was done separately from the video part.

Hasbro 01-02-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick-slo (Post 5936416)
There is a lot of great original music in some video games. Much is very pretty.

Probably like the first one the best of what you posted. The music you posted here may be somewhat abstract melody wise for many people, including me in places.

Very nice playing and recorded sound (assume that was done separately from the video part.

First was my favorite too, trying to separate the nostalgic effects of them all and judging them as stand alone instrumentals. Thanks for the feedback. Did you hear a Japanese folk influence in them?

brad2001 01-02-2019 08:16 PM

Many, or most of the Zelda compositions are the work of Nintendos Kojo Kondo. I have long admired his talent. Your playing is wonderful. I'm working at replicating piano pieces of his myself.
I'd like to hear you do Gerudo Valley from The Ocarina of Time, I'll bet you can tear that up. Well done.

Hasbro 01-03-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad2001 (Post 5936657)
Many, or most of the Zelda compositions are the work of Nintendos Kojo Kondo. I have long admired his talent. Your playing is wonderful. I'm working at replicating piano pieces of his myself.
I'd like to hear you do Gerudo Valley from The Ocarina of Time, I'll bet you can tear that up. Well done.

These are not my videos but the works of another. I cannot play nearly that well!