The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classical (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tarrega - Endecha (Preludio) (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587811)

htlau 07-26-2020 11:32 AM

Tarrega - Endecha (Preludio)

In memory of my father who passed away on last year.

Endecha (Sp. Port.) means dirge in Eng., which is a funeral song, Elegy or Lament.

It is a subgenre of lament, planto, found in early Iberian music. It usually indicates a metrical composition of 4 verses with 6 or 7 syllables.

NormanKliman 07-27-2020 12:07 PM

That's beautiful! Very well played and a nice video, too. It evokes pain, but I guess it's meant to do that. Well done!

htlau 07-27-2020 12:53 PM

Wow, your replied surprised me!
Yes, it was painful. It took me sometime to recover after recording which I never experienced before since my emotion usually disappears when the music finish.

Thx Norman.

Su_H. 07-27-2020 03:11 PM

That was beautiful. Makes me want to learn pieces similar to that.

htlau 07-27-2020 03:36 PM

Thank you Su! Why don’t learn to play this wonderful piece of music but similar one?

Su_H. 07-27-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htlau (Post 6450475)
Thank you Su! Why don’t learn to play this wonderful piece of music but similar one?

Forgive me because I'm not quite sure what the question is....so I'll answer in full.

I like pieces like the one you played but i don't seek them out because i can't perform them well. These slower type pieces , in my opinion, require great articulation to bring out the magic and I don't have great articulation. I do better with pieces that have a lot of notes....that way - a "moment" does not rest on one single note. The "moment" would be defined by how well I play a phrase instead.

htlau 07-27-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su_H. (Post 6450794)
Forgive me because I'm not quite sure what the question is....so I'll answer in full.

I like pieces like the one you played but i don't seek them out because i can't perform them well. These slower type pieces , in my opinion, require great articulation to bring out the magic and I don't have great articulation. I do better with pieces that have a lot of notes....that way - a "moment" does not rest on one single note. The "moment" would be defined by how well I play a phrase instead.

I see your point which is helping me to teach indeed. Thank you Su!

Yes, this kind of music has its own difficulties, in which, the most difficult one is the interpretation.
This time I did some study of poems, in order to bring out its poetry.

Your point about relating musical moment to the number of notes is interesting. But to me, this piece of music is still way easier than the Giuliani’s guitar concerto that I am practicing in recent years.
Not because it is large scale work which is wwway longer than this preludio. Again, it is the interpretation. It doesn’t sound good in the way I played Tarrega.
So, It just opened an other door exploration which is full of challenge, but a lot of fun too.

So, you have good points about slow and deep music. May be a time to take new journeys?

chuckv97 07-28-2020 12:55 PM

Very nice - it’s a beautiful piece.

htlau 07-29-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckv97 (Post 6451308)
Very nice - it’s a beautiful piece.

Thank you very much.

redir 07-30-2020 08:56 AM

Very nice indeed. Good tone. Very emotional piece.

charles Tauber 07-30-2020 02:10 PM

Very nice. The piece is new to me. Thanks for sharing it and introducing it to me.

htlau 05-06-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redir (Post 6453164)
Very nice indeed. Good tone. Very emotional piece.

Thank you Redir! Sorry for super late reply.

htlau 05-06-2021 09:25 AM

Tarrega - Endecha (Preludio)

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles Tauber (Post 6453495)
Very nice. The piece is new to me. Thanks for sharing it and introducing it to me.

That’s good to know Charles. I feel great that someone know this pieces through me.
Sorry for super late reply which I didn’t notice until now.