The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   On my way to.......... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548214)

airborne1 05-30-2019 01:47 PM

On my way to..........

Elderly’s tomorrow morning to have a setup done on my new Fender Strat Pro, and to hopefully purchase a new Fender Tele, model yet unknown! Yippeeeeee!

ifret 05-30-2019 01:54 PM

Nothing better than a visit to Elderly! Have fun!

Bob Womack 05-30-2019 07:02 PM

Enjoy your trip!

Bob

MIGAS79 05-30-2019 09:25 PM

Enjoy and congrats on the Strat acquisition!

If your pop in trem is overly difficult to insert/remove, setup day is a great time to address it. There is a clip they can alter to make it easier. Apparently it’s fairly common. Mine is definitely requiring some effort to remove. Similarly, if your trem is “floppy” that can be fixed easily. I had to tighten a set screw at the back of the bridge. It was an Allen size not provided.

airborne1 05-31-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mich Novice (Post 6074684)
Enjoy and congrats on the Strat acquisition!

If your pop in trem is overly difficult to insert/remove, setup day is a great time to address it. There is a clip they can alter to make it easier. Apparently it’s fairly common. Mine is definitely requiring some effort to remove. Similarly, if your trem is “floppy” that can be fixed easily. I had to tighten a set screw at the back of the bridge. It was an Allen size not provided.

Thanks for the heads up!

leew3 05-31-2019 05:54 AM

Enjoy your trip! I"m headed that way to consider some mandolins soon.

Dru Edwards 06-01-2019 12:13 PM

How did it go? I've never been to Elderly's but I'm sure it's a fantastic visit.

airborne1 06-01-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 6075925)
How did it go? I've never been to Elderly's but I'm sure it's a fantastic visit.

The visit was fantastic. Joe, head of the service department, set up my strat perfectly! While he was doing that, I picked up a tele pro in mystic sea foam that stuck in my hand until I reached my truck, where I was finally able to release my grip! Beautiful guitar and sounds great. Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money). I was quite surprised at the quality of the Squire line of guitars. Fit and finish was quite commendable in spite lower end pricing. There were no sharp frets or obvious finish problems. Now, Elderly claims they go through each and every instrument that comes in the door to insure a good product and after seeing their Squire offerings, I believe that is so. Two weeks ago at Guitar Center, the Squires they had In the showroom did not appear to be the equal of Elderly’s line (at least to my eye, and feel). It’s a great place to visit and handle instruments one only dreams of. The staff does not bother you, letting you do as you choose, unless of course you have a question. It should be a destination for anyone who is involved with anything musical.

Eamon 06-01-2019 03:28 PM

I recently purchased a Fender Professional HSS Strat, which might be slightly different than yours. The original factory set-up was really pretty good. I was wondering what you were focusing on for your set up.

I planned to take mine in for a set-up but I only want to look into some minor adjustments to the middle and neck pickups and switching to 10/46 strings.

airborne1 06-01-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamon (Post 6076134)
I recently purchased a Fender Professional HSS Strat, which might be slightly different than yours. The original factory set-up was really pretty good. I was wondering what you were focusing on for your set up.

I planned to take mine in for a set-up but I only want to look into some minor adjustments to the middle and neck pickups and switching to 10/46 strings.

Eamon,
I have the same model Strat as you. Mine had some slight buzzing which I had a problem getting corrected locally. Having had work done at Elderlys service department on numerous occasions, I knew their work was reliable. I too had the strings changed to 10-46. The adjustments they made were minor, and the guitar plays great. They will do whatever tweaking you choose.

ifret 06-01-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6076009)
Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money).

Oh yes. They have a truckload of my money. It's been my local store, since I first darkened their doorstep in 1973.

KevWind 06-01-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6076009)
The visit was fantastic. Joe, head of the service department, set up my strat perfectly! While he was doing that, I picked up a tele pro in mystic sea foam that stuck in my hand until I reached my truck, where I was finally able to release my grip! Beautiful guitar and sounds great. Elderly’s has a fine selection of instruments of all types and one can spend a lot of time in there (and money). I was quite surprised at the quality of the Squire line of guitars. Fit and finish was quite commendable in spite lower end pricing. There were no sharp frets or obvious finish problems. Now, Elderly claims they go through each and every instrument that comes in the door to insure a good product and after seeing their Squire offerings, I believe that is so. Two weeks ago at Guitar Center, the Squires they had In the showroom did not appear to be the equal of Elderly’s line (at least to my eye, and feel). It’s a great place to visit and handle instruments one only dreams of. The staff does not bother you, letting you do as you choose, unless of course you have a question. It should be a destination for anyone who is involved with anything musical.

Congrats ................ pictures when ya get a chance ?
Ha I love it I wonder if that bold statement will work on my wife :D