The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any AGF'rs attending the Great River Guitar Show? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556197)

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 06:00 AM

Any AGF'rs attending the Great River Guitar Show?

There is a new guitar show on the horizon, The Great River Guitar Show. Its organized by luthier Tim Reede, who is a great builder in his own right. I've known Tim for many years as a fellow exhibitor so I expect his show to be a great experience. Just wondered if any AGF folks will be attending? If so, please stop by our table and say hi.

ChuckS 08-29-2019 06:25 AM

I'm hoping to get to the show; I'm in the Twin Cities so only about an hour away. I have a conflict on Saturday but will try for Sunday.

If I make it I'll definitely stop and chat with you Tim. What guitars are you bringing? Do you know what the exhibitor hours are?

jaymarsch 08-29-2019 11:04 AM

I won't be able to attend but really glad to hear about another opportunity for luthiers to share their wonderful guitars to the Twin Cities folks. I really miss the festival that we used to have here in NorCal.

I hope that you have a great show, Tim.

Best,
Jayne

M19 08-29-2019 11:34 AM

I'll be there Saturday. Been promoting it heavily on our Local AGF Group on Facebook.

Guitars44me 08-29-2019 01:04 PM

Have fun

Have fun, make friends, play cool guitars and sell some too!

Hope it is a great show. A bit of a drive from San Diego...

Paul

ChuckS 08-29-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M19 (Post 6149376)
I'll be there Saturday. Been promoting it heavily on our Local AGF Group on Facebook.

Hey Marty,
Glad to hear you've been making the Twin Cities AGF folks aware of this! Thanks.

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckS (Post 6149095)
I'm hoping to get to the show; I'm in the Twin Cities so only about an hour away. I have a conflict on Saturday but will try for Sunday.

If I make it I'll definitely stop and chat with you Tim. What guitars are you bringing? Do you know what the exhibitor hours are?

I’ll look forward to meeting you Chuck and finally putting a face to a screen name.

We plan to exhibit a Tottie (parlor) guitar and a SDG mid size guitar. Adrianne plans to exhibit a HighLander (OM-ish size, of “the Tree”). I’ll try to get some pics posted soon.

Exhibit hours are 10:00-5:00 Saturday and 11:00-4:00 Sunday.

M19 08-29-2019 05:27 PM

Tim, did the Show's Facebook page ever do a post for your participation? I can share it on the TC AGF group page if they did.

Thanks,

Carmel Cedar 08-29-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim McKnight (Post 6149595)
We plan to exhibit a Tottie (parlor) guitar and a SDG mid size guitar. Adrianne plans to exhibit a HighLander (OM-ish size, of “the Tree”)

I'm suitably motivated...was in Twin Cities last Friday, may make the trip again. Always wanted to meet you Tim, and try your guitars! :)

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M19 (Post 6149658)
Tim, did the Show's Facebook page ever do a post for your participation? I can share it on the TC AGF group page if they did.

Thanks,

Hi Marty,
I must openly admit that I know absolutely nothing about Facebook nor have I ever looked at it. Mary handles that end of the business for us. I will ask Mary to contact you and perhaps you two can figure it out together? Thanks so much for your willingness to promote the show in your area! I hope you get a chance to attend. We would love to meet you.

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar (Post 6149743)
I'm suitably motivated...was in Twin Cities last Friday, may make the trip again. Always wanted to meet you Tim, and try your guitars! :)

Hi CC,
Glad to see that you are getting motivated. We would certainly like the opportunity to meet you as well! BTW, the Tottie we plan to exhibit has a Cedar top if that motivates you even more? ;)

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitars44me (Post 6149457)
Have fun, make friends, play cool guitars and sell some too!

Hope it is a great show. A bit of a drive from San Diego...

Paul

Hey Paul,
I’ve seen some sorry excuses in my day but I’m not buying that one. This screams ROAD TRIP is in your future :D Kidding aside, thanks for the good wishes.

Tim McKnight 08-29-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymarsch (Post 6149344)
I won't be able to attend but really glad to hear about another opportunity for luthiers to share their wonderful guitars to the Twin Cities folks. I really miss the festival that we used to have here in NorCal.

I hope that you have a great show, Tim.

Best,
Jayne

Well that’s just a bummer Jayne. Sorry you can’t make it. We certainly miss the HB show too. It was one of our favorite shows of all time. We will miss you but I am sure our paths will cross again one day in the not so distant future.

Mary 08-29-2019 08:41 PM

I’m not much good at keeping up with details on Facebook but thank you, Marty. I just added this show to our Facebook site.

Tim, Mary and Adrianne of McKnight guitars will be at the show. Look for ya!

Adrianne is taking her #5 guitar made of mahogany “the Tree.” She is looking for a serious buyer to make a decent offer as she is purchasing her first house. Look her up. Come to our table and play. See what you think!

https://greatriverguitarshow.com/

cigarfan 08-30-2019 02:53 AM

Great to hear about another show. A little far for me to drive. And I am saving my pennies for an upcoming build. I hope you all have success and good times!