The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   POST YOUR LIVE ACOUSTIC SETUP (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60160)

JJBW 03-08-2005 01:20 PM

POST YOUR LIVE ACOUSTIC SETUP

A while back, I had a thread for studio gear setups that got a fairly decent response...This is along the same lines. Post what your current live acoustic setup looks like.

Here's mine. One or two of the components are on order right now, because I've recently done some rearranging of the setup.

Taylor 414RCE (ES)--unbalanced--korg DTR 1000 Tuner--unbalanced--PreSonus EQ3B parametric EQ--balanced--PreSonus Comp16 Compressor--unbalanced--Boss RC-20XL loop pedal-unbalanced-ART TPSII--balanced out.

The tuner/compression/EQ/DI is in a SKB roto rack. On the floor (no floorboard as of yet) is the RC-20XL (with 3 additional add-on footswitches-loop select up/down, and reverse playback on/off) and a mute footswitch for the tuner.

I also want to add a Yamaha magicstomp acoustic (or comparable rack unit) for effects.

DeadHead 03-08-2005 01:37 PM

'03 714ceLTD ES ---balanced--> Art MP Pro ---balanced---> Mackie 1202 VLZ ----balanced---> JBL Eon 15's.

Vocals -----------------------------------Senheiser E 835----> Mackie 1202 VLZ ----balanced---> JBL Eon 15's.

'03 Gibson F9 Mandolin ---->AKG C1000S-----balanced----> Mackie 1202 VLZ ----balanced---> JBL EON 15's.

No effects what-so-ever.

If I added any effects at all I'd add a tinge of compression and might a bit later, but I'm really like the sound of this simple set-up.

Keep it simple.

DickensDad 03-08-2005 02:03 PM

Here's mine...

Either my Taylor 714-CE-Ltd or my PRS Custom 24 -into-> Shure ULX Wireless Transmitter -into-> Shure ULX Receiver -into-> Pod XT -into-> (714 only) Yamaha EQ -into-> Output to House. Monitor back to me via Shure PSM-200 Wireless. (pics via Rig link in Sig.)

Jim Tozier 03-08-2005 02:13 PM

Guitar ---> "The Magic Rack" ---> Sunn P.A. speakers.

"The Magic Rack" consists of the following:
  • Rane AP13 acoustic preamp
  • Korg DTR1000 digital tuner
  • Furman RackRider RR15 power module w/lights
  • Alesis Quadreverb
  • Samson S62 6-channel powered mixer/amplifier
I use the Rane to balance the input sources from my guitar (which will be a K&K Pure Western SBT and a K&K FanTaStik UST on each of the Hamblins), and to EQ those sources--seperately--if necessary.

The Quadreverb is used to add just a hint of delay, and I use the Samson to get the spring reverb.

The only "essential" items in the rack are the Rane and the Samson; at some point, I may buy a smaller rack and just keep those two things in it.

min7b5 03-08-2005 02:34 PM

Taylor 514C, with a Fishman Rare Earth Blend, plugs straight into Two, but sometimes just one, JBL EON15 G2 300 watt powered PA speakers. I don't use any EQ or preamp, but I do go though a Alesis Nanoverb for reverb, and to split the signal in two.

JedimasterPaul 03-08-2005 02:36 PM

Not sure if this counts as 'live', but at church I use the following:

guitar ---> Para DI ---> house PA

occasionally I'll use an old DOD Stereo Chorus pedal via the fx loop on the DI.

wthurman 03-08-2005 03:00 PM

Church setup:

Hamblin SJ, Boss two channel low-impedance volume pedal, Intellitouch Tuner.

Hamblin GC from time to time.

-------------

My "live" setup:

Hamblin SJ and GC, Boss two channel low-impedance volume pedal, Intellitouch Tuner, Mackie CFX-12 mixer, 2- Mackie SRM450's, two Audio-Technica ATM89R condenser mics, two Quik-Lok speaker tripods and two mic stands.

No effects other than a touch of reverb on the Mackie mixer.

Peace,

Wade

Rick Shepherd 03-08-2005 03:27 PM

For "live" sound, vocals and guitar, I will use the following:

Taylor 914ces and Shure beta 87 (both wireless and non-wireless versions) both balanced inputs into a Mackie 808s PA amp/mixer. The output goes to Daedalus SR-823s as mains and the monitor output goes to soon-to-arrive Daedalus 803 monitors. I use some reverb effect, just enough, not too much, of a mid-sized hall. I dampen or shorten the reverb to where it is only slightly noticeable on both vocals and guitar.

At this point, I keep it as simple as possible. In the future, I plan on adding a preamp and second guitar pickup. I also sometimes use a dynamic mic to add to the guitar mix to warm things up a bit on the guitar. In order get really get the most out of my speakers cabinets, I may also start using separate components for the PA setup, like a nice clean amp, a compressor, and effects processor in the future.

Bob Womack 03-08-2005 03:35 PM

Currently:

Taylor 314kce --> DI-->split output:
Electric guitar (Dujour)--> Ernie Ball volume pedal--> POD-->DI-->split output:
*I'm aware the POD could go straight in but our mixer prefers it this way

Split destinations:
A) Snake -->FOHouse mixer --> power amps -->JBL main speakers and vocalist's monitors.
B) Behinger stage monitor mixer --> Power amp --> monitor wedge

A is the house path. Our mixer may put a pinch of 'verb on my acoustic. My POD presets are plug and play for the mixer.
B is my own independent monitor path. My guitar monitor has nothing except my guitars in it. It makes self-defence easier when someone gets too loud on stage. ;)

Bob

joe white 03-08-2005 03:37 PM

Tom Anderson Crowdster --> Pendulum Audio SPS-1--> Main out to PA and monitor out to Mackie 808S powering two EV SX-300. I also run my vocal into the Mackie and take a direct out at that channel at the insert (1st click) to send the FOH a vocal signal as well. If I need more volume, I will run two more SX-300's and use my Crown CS-2000 and QSC PLX 1602. I can power six monitors this way and get as loud as can be.

RevErin 03-08-2005 03:44 PM

Worship for the "Big" Service setup:
410ce with ES--balanced 1/4" cable----K4 (tuner out to TU-2)---xlr out to snake to house sound system

Youth worship setup:
410ce--balanced es cable---Genz-Benz Shenandoah Amp with a touch of 'Room' effects

Sometimes I use the K4 in the big High school room like I do in the sanctuary, but sometimes it's just easier to plug directly to the system only using the Taylor supplied cable (Thanks Bob!).

It's kinda fun finding out how everyone runs their acoustic setups! Thanks for the informative thread!

Erin

jackweasel 03-08-2005 03:47 PM

Taylor 414ce -- Bose PAS--with Boss AD-3 in the effects loop of the PAS for a little 'verb and chorus when needed.
Vocals through a Digitech Vocalist Performer to add harmonies and reverb when needed, to the PAS.

guitaniac 03-08-2005 03:52 PM

When using my own PA:

Vocal: Audix OM-7 > Sunn powered-mixer > two JBL EON 1500s & Fender 1270P powered-monitor

Guitar: iMix-equipped Taylor 314ce > Fishman Dual Parametric DI > Korg G2 multi-effects/tuner/preamp > same PA system as above

When using a house system, I'll run my guitar to the G2 first, then the Dual Parametric DI.

When the D-TAR "Mama Bear" digital signal processor becomes available, I'll be using that with the guitar. The proto-type Mama Bear which I beta tested last summer really complimented the iMix/Taylor rig.

Gary

DMZ 03-08-2005 04:56 PM

Taylor 410 LTD Maple -- LR Baggs M1 -- Fishman Platinum PRO eq DI, xlr to house board

Brackett Instruments 03-08-2005 05:10 PM

My acoustic setup

Various guitars/various pickups>Presonus AcoustiQ preamp>Presonus Blue Max compressor>Yamaha MG12/4 mixer, 2 or 4 Samsom XP200 speakers, depending on the size and noise level of the venue. I've got a KorgDTR1 tuner in the "tuner out" of the preamp, it's not in the actual signal chain. I also use a Peavey powered floor monitor. I'm not sure of the model.

I'll leave the original post up, but my signal chain has changed since 5 years ago. Here's my current set up.

Various guitars, usually either my Brackett Adi/Braz Dread or my Brackett All Koa 00 each with Dtar Wavelengths. Occasionally I'll play a clients guitar before delivery (with the clients permission) either with the pickup they had me install, or a temporarly installed Baggs M1. For loud settings the pickup goes to a Fishman Pro EQ Platinum to either my Bose L1 or the house system. For quiter settings I use a Audio Technica Pro 37 condenser mic, sometimes blended with the pickup via a Headway EDB-1 preamp. I use a TC Electronic polytune tuner. I also sometimes use a Barber Tone Press (compressor), and a LXR Micro Amp.