The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rainsong Dread Tobacco Burst Short Scale (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545061)

JerryM 04-24-2019 07:45 PM

Rainsong Dread Tobacco Burst Short Scale

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21884

Attachment 21885

Attachment 21886

I am really happy with my new RS Hybrid Dreadnought, tone is outstanding it is as close to a wood guitar in tone one could hope for. No fret markers on the front, 12 fret short scale neck joint and setup is 5/64" at the 12th with no buzz or noise of any kind. It has the K&K so no barn door. Just a pleasure to play and the finish is impeccable. Not a mark or finish flaw of any kind and I really like the burst.. The bass is really good, feel it in your chest when playing and the neck is very fast. Great flat picker for sure with tons of sustain and projection....
I would also add the service from Dave at Rainsong and Ted and Helene at LA guitar are really wonderful, couldn't ask for more!

SpruceTop 04-25-2019 02:30 AM

Congratulations On Acquiring Your Beautiful RainSong!

jdinco 04-25-2019 02:51 AM

Beautiful finish on that one ! Congrats on a fine RS !

Captain Jim 04-25-2019 06:19 AM

Always nice when you get just what you want - congrats! :guitar:

steelvibe 04-25-2019 06:36 AM

Congrats Jerry! The 12 fret option is a nice touch too.

Is it a unidirectional top or full hybrid weave?

Guest 928 04-25-2019 09:09 AM

That's a very beautiful guitar. Congratulations and many years of joy.

Earl49 04-25-2019 10:24 AM

I've read with interested your various catch-and-release posts. Glad that you finally figured out the one that is just right for you. Congrats and enjoy those summer festivals worry free.

GuitarLuva 04-25-2019 10:39 AM

That looks awesome...congratulations!

bsman 04-25-2019 10:47 AM

That's really lovely! I'd call it "persimmon burst". ;)

jricc 04-25-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryM (Post 6045445)
Attachment 21884

Attachment 21885

Attachment 21886

I am really happy with my new RS Hybrid Dreadnought, tone is outstanding it is as close to a wood guitar in tone one could hope for. No fret markers on the front, 12 fret short scale neck joint and setup is 5/64" at the 12th with no buzz or noise of any kind. It has the K&K so no barn door. Just a pleasure to play and the finish is impeccable. Not a mark or finish flaw of any kind and I really like the burst. At the pice of 1799.00 I feel I got a real deal!!:D. The bass is really good, feel it in your chest when playing and the neck is very fast. Great flat picker for sure with tons of sustain and projection....
I would also add the service from Dave at Rainsong and Ted and Helene at LA guitar are really wonderful, couldn't ask for more!

That's a beautiful sunburst!

JerryM 04-25-2019 01:47 PM

just got the guitar yesterday so this morning is the first chance I have had to really go thru it completely, intonation is Right On not a penny either way and the action is butter. I love 12 fret guitars in general over 14's as it's so much easier on my aging hands and less reach. Even though this is dread size it fits perfect for me and the tone is really special. It took me about 6 weeks for this since I ordered it but was well worth the wait.
There is no way to tell this from wood from a distance, and there is no indentation on the top around the rim so must be attached in a new way. Their finish is really smooth and the edges are rounded on the back where it meets the sides so it doesn't cut my ribs. I guess you can tell I love this one!:D

Finger Stylish 04-25-2019 05:01 PM

I'm drooling! Great looking Guitar.
I bet the 12 fret has quite a bit of punch.
I love how Rainsong respects the look and shape of our steel string acoustic guitar history.
I don't care for the modern look some CF guitars have.
This Dred of yours is awesome!
Well done! :up: :D

KitKat1 04-25-2019 05:30 PM

Jerry, that turned out really great!!!!! Perfect for the summer festivals!

steelvibe 04-25-2019 05:52 PM

I asked the question earlier because Jerry's guitar is very similar in build to the guitars in the video below. I thought both guitars in this video are really cool- just different flavors. I actually almost pulled the trigger on one of these BG models back in the day, but a dread is just too big for me.

Years later settled on a D Jr. (yeah I know, it's wood) but still a fantastic little guitar. Would love it if RainSong could make a 3/4 dread with a customize option on a neck. Would seriously consider that.

kramster 04-26-2019 06:19 AM

That is one fine guitar...you done good!