The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Playoffs-Conference Championships (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534973)

Dru Edwards 01-17-2019 04:55 PM

NFL Playoffs-Conference Championships

NFL Playoffs-Conference Championships:

New England at Kansas City
LA Rams at New Orleans

A couple of great games. All four teams were the #1 and #2 seed in their conference. I looked it up and this is only the 3rd time in the past 15 years this has happened.

It's the first time in history that top four scoring offences made it to the conference championships.

What story lines are you following?

1neeto 01-17-2019 04:58 PM

NE of course. We beat them once, it can happen again. Who doesn’t want an old geezer QB super bowl? The young kids have their whole careers to make it into the super bowl. Let’s see the greats face each other please!

Dirk Hofman 01-17-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5951581)
What story lines are you following?

The draft.

Wadcutter 01-17-2019 05:13 PM

We’ll all I can say is you will never make much money in this life betting against Brady and Belichick, and you won’t find me forsaking them this time either. Brady will take Mahomes to school this weekend.

mtcross 01-17-2019 06:49 PM

I've been a Rams fan for ever, well since the days of the Fearsome Foursome and Roman Gabriel, so you know who I'm cheering for. It should be a good game.

raysachs 01-17-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadcutter (Post 5951608)
We’ll all I can say is you will never make much money in this life betting against Brady and Belichick, and you won’t find me forsaking them this time either. Brady will take Mahomes to school this weekend.

That’s what they used to say bout IBM...

robj144 01-17-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raysachs (Post 5951807)
That’s what they used to say bout IBM...

And just like IBM, reports of the Pat's demise have been exaggerated. :)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobevan.../#51a1a85249c4

IBM Joins Microsoft, Amazon Atop Cloud World; Booming Cloud Business Ends Long Revenue Decline

1neeto 01-17-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadcutter (Post 5951608)

I had my doubts coming into the playoffs, but if they play how they played against the chargers this past Sunday, I think they have this one no problem.

Wadcutter 01-17-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1neeto (Post 5951896)
I had my doubts coming into the playoffs, but if they play how they played against the chargers this past Sunday, I think they have this one no problem.

I’d go with the Patriots if they were playing against Jesus and His Apostles.

1neeto 01-18-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadcutter (Post 5951916)

:lol: If Mahomes learned a thing or two from their last game, he will learn how to manage the clock better. That last possession by NE was clock management by a quarterback that just knew he had their number.

TBman 01-18-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtcross (Post 5951699)
I've been a Rams fan for ever, well since the days of the Fearsome Foursome and Roman Gabriel, so you know who I'm cheering for. It should be a good game.

I remember Roman (#18?). He was on the cover of SI one time with the heading "The Young Turks" or something like that. Time machine stuff :)

I'd like to see KC in the Super Bowl. Not that I have anything really against the Pats, I just like variety. The Rams/Saints is a flip the coin for me as I like both teams.

AmericanEagle 01-18-2019 09:35 AM

I say Pats win a close one, back to the SB!

raysachs 01-18-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadcutter (Post 5951916)

I would too but Jesus and His Apostles kind of sucked at football - I've seen the game films. Kansas City is a different matter. If they were playing in Foxborough I'd pick the Pats, but in KC I gotta go with the Chiefs. When was the last time the Pats won a playoff game on the road? Uhh, 12 years ago, that's when, and that was the team that went undefeated up to the Super Bowl loss to the Giants, not a team that was 3-5 on the road during the regular season.

The Pats looked untouchable last week. At home. They've benefited from playing in a terrible division and almost always playing home games through the playoffs. Yeah, they're great, probably the greatest ever. But they're far from infallible. It won't be easy, it could go either way, but I'm going with the Chiefs.

And yeah, I'm something of a Patriots hater, although hate is far too strong a word. And you would be too if you don't have a particular reason (like geography) to be part of their fan base. I heard a poll on the radio this morning, asking if the GS Warriors were one of the most hated teams in sports. The answer was no way, the most hated teams in sports are the Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots, and Notre Dame. I don't personally have anything against Notre Dame. :)

-Ray

Wadcutter 01-18-2019 10:59 AM

“I don't personally have anything against Notre Dame.“

I only don’t like Norte Dame when they win any game in any sport.

golfreggie 01-18-2019 11:07 AM

I am surprised no one is mentioning the extreme cold that will be in Kansas City. I know football is an "all-weather" sport, but it will have an effect to a degree, and could determine the game. And if I remember correctly Patrick threw 2 interceptions that had they not occurred would have affected the outcome of a 43-40 thriller in New England. In any event, this shapes up to be one of the great playoff games this season. PS, I am a Chiefs fan