The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Stairway - Flash Mob (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515744)

Pitar 07-08-2018 06:22 AM

Stairway - Flash Mob

Just thought I'd throw this in here.

tifosi62 07-12-2018 09:04 AM

That was so cool!

Glennwillow 07-12-2018 09:35 AM

I like the choral approach to that song. Very nice arrangement.

The guy pretending to play the Taylor acoustic could have done a better job matching the pre-recorded audio for the guitar. Neither his finger picking or his strumming were anything close to what was recorded.

I also couldn't help wonder what those yellow things were on the vocal microphones. I have to assume that they were wind or pop screens, but I have never seen anything like those devices before. They looked like molded pieces of polythylene. I guess it doesn't matter when the singers are just lip-synching the song.

Interesting...

- Glenn

patrickgm60 07-13-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 5782072)

The guy pretending to play the Taylor acoustic could have done a better job matching the pre-recorded audio for the guitar. Neither his finger picking or his strumming were anything close to what was recorded..

Yeah, hard to tell what was live and what was Memorex. The video and audio were not shot together, at least in many spots, so that made the two out of sync, intentionally. Still fun to watch.

Was anyone else wondering if JP was in the DHL van?

fazool 07-13-2018 08:48 AM

So......I'll give a dissenting opinion.

It seemed too "staged"

I think genuine flash mob stuff can be fun to watch but this was very orchestrated to the point even the audience looked like participant actors.

I think half the fun is seeing this unexpected performance and the spectators' surprise.

Silly Moustache 07-13-2018 10:02 AM

Oh C'mon Fazool, let a bit of joy into your heart!
This video led me onto an hour of other flash mobs all over the world and it brought me the greatest pleasure to see music and dance performed just for the love of of it for folks in plazas, malls, and streets.

They must all take a whole load of editing and all that technical stuff, but it doesn't matter - its the fact that it happens that is so beautiful.

KevWind 07-13-2018 02:39 PM

Really enjoyed it thanks for posting :up::up::up:

fazool 07-13-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly Moustache (Post 5782823)
Oh C'mon Fazool, let a bit of joy into your heart!
This video led me onto an hour of other flash mobs all over the world and it brought me the greatest pleasure to see music and dance performed just for the love of of it for folks in plazas, malls, and streets.

They must all take a whole load of editing and all that technical stuff, but it doesn't matter - its the fact that it happens that is so beautiful.

I took your words to heart and softened my position.

Brent Hahn 07-13-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 5782072)
The guy pretending to play the Taylor acoustic could have done a better job matching...

I'm guessing it was done the other way around -- video/live performance first, then all the audio replaced. And by all, I mean including the crowd atmos.

Charming, yeah I guess, but I'd be a lot more charmed if were a lot less obviously concocted.

fazool 07-13-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Hahn (Post 5783213)
... I'd be a lot more charmed if were a lot less obviously concocted.

That's exactly how I felt

Imbler 07-13-2018 07:28 PM

I just suspended belief, and thoroughly enjoyed the magic and the music!

Mbroady 07-13-2018 07:51 PM

Fun stuff. Got a kick out of the electric guitar player being delivered by the DHL truck

KevWind 07-14-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbler (Post 5783292)
I just suspended belief, and thoroughly enjoyed the magic and the music!

Me too, guess I am easily entertained :guitar:

Silly Moustache 07-14-2018 05:46 PM

From that video I went on for about an hour watching various videos, both music and dance from all over the world, then showed my wife.
She's a dancer and she ended up sending some links to her other dancing friends.

There is no such thing as "Let's do a show right here" - we know that all performances need a whole load of preparation.

KevWind 07-15-2018 08:53 AM

This is one of favorites the reaction of the crowd and the kids is priceless