The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "While my guitar gently weeps" - Beatles - fingerstyle solo guitar (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628751)

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 02:59 AM

"While my guitar gently weeps" - Beatles - fingerstyle solo guitar

Hi friends of fingerstyle guitar music,

this is my instrumental fingerstyle arrangement of "While my guitar gently weeps" by The Beatles,
written by George Harrison.
I also tried to catch Eric Clapton´s solo fills to get into my fingerstyle version. I think that most
people like the combination of the great melody/harmony that is added with Claptons solo fills.
The funny story behind this was told by Paul McCartney. They "created" this special guitar sound
while trying to synchronize Clapton´s tape (recorded in USA) to the master tape they recorded
in London. And they did it with manually slowing down the tape wheel with Claptons
recording on the tape machine ...... that´s called HiTech in 1968 - but the result is amazing !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKs7haqzHfc

Hope you like it...

greetings from Germany
Gerhard

+++ tabs and score available +++ please send mail to "[email protected]" ++++++ please visit "www.gerhardgschossmann.de" +++

Gtrfinger 10-16-2021 03:30 AM

Wonderful arrangement Gerhard, I've been working on an arrangement of this myself which also features Clapton's solo, but yours just blows mine away. Very fine playing indeed. 👏👏👏👏👏

rémy64 10-16-2021 03:58 AM

Very nice arrangement, excellent

jdrnd 10-16-2021 06:27 AM

I enjoyed that.

elninobaby 10-16-2021 08:43 AM

Wow! Loved it. Beautiful arrangement and great playing.

islandguitar 10-16-2021 09:29 AM

Oh my!! That was excellent! Nice job in hitting those harmonics at the end! Each one was important to the section and you hit them all Gerhard!
Greetings from Rhode Island!
Fred

Glennwillow 10-16-2021 10:10 AM

Hi Gerhard,

I love your arrangement! It's obviously quite challenging, but you play it beautifully! That may be the best fingerstyle arrangement of this song that I have ever heard! That was just wonderful!

Bravo!

- Glenn

KevWind 10-16-2021 10:13 AM

Nice job on no easy tune. :up:

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtrfinger (Post 6833606)
Wonderful arrangement Gerhard, I've been working on an arrangement of this myself which also features Clapton's solo, but yours just blows mine away. Very fine playing indeed. 👏👏👏👏👏

Hi Gtrfinger,

thank you very much for this big compliment.... - I am happy that you like my arrangement...

greetings from Germany to North Yorkshiere
Gerhard

Dustinfurlow 10-16-2021 12:51 PM

Fantastic work!

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rémy64 (Post 6833611)
Very nice arrangement, excellent

Bonsoir Rémy,
great to hear from you again - and thanks a lot for your comment...

greetings from Germany á France
Gerhard

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrnd (Post 6833675)
I enjoyed that.

Thanks a lot, jdrnd,

greetings from Germany to New Hampshire
Gerhard

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elninobaby (Post 6833749)
Wow! Loved it. Beautiful arrangement and great playing.

Hi elninobaby,
thank you very much for this compliment...

greetings from Germany to NYC
Gerhard

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 6833781)
Oh my!! That was excellent! Nice job in hitting those harmonics at the end! Each one was important to the section and you hit them all Gerhard!
Greetings from Rhode Island!
Fred

Hi Fred,

thank you very much for this compliment....
Well, I did hit those harmonics.... but I did not hit them for 100% - so it does not ring as cleasn and crisp as it could.... but since I am only a hobby guitar player, I am happy with this recording, although there some mistakes here and there....

greetings from Germany to Rhode Island
Gerhard

Gerhard Gschossmann 10-16-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6833806)
Hi Gerhard,

I love your arrangement! It's obviously quite challenging, but you play it beautifully! That may be the best fingerstyle arrangement of this song that I have ever heard! That was just wonderful!

Bravo!

- Glenn

Hi Glenn,
thank you very much for this really big compliment - since I am just a hobby guitar player....

All the best to you
Gerhard