The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   With a Little Help From my Friends (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260341)

Bob1131 07-28-2012 07:06 PM

With a Little Help From my Friends

I get by with a little help from my friends

Ranger1964 07-29-2012 08:30 AM

VERY, VERY, VERY cool arrangement of this song! Anything with you and Deb is special but this one raised the bar. Lots of bits of the original, with lots of creative starts and stops for the Bob1131 treatment. The guitar recording is one of the best I've ever heard here at the AGF. I listened a second time just to hear the guitar tracks. WOW says it all!

Jeremy 07-29-2012 05:38 PM

This was excellent, Bob. Nice arrangement and recording.

JoeCharter 07-29-2012 06:40 PM

I will echo what others have said.

Very well done.

rhancox 07-29-2012 09:59 PM

When I saw the thread title, I just knew....

That was one your most outstanding arrangements I've heard yet.

I had made a comparison to a well known artist on one of your other tunes recently and I meant it in the most complimentary way, while at the same acknowledging that it's not your intent to sound like them. But I have to say, if Crosby, Stills & Nash were to do a cover of this song, this is what it would sound like.

It's not that you sound exactly like them, it's just that the creativeness you put in to the arrangement and the sound of it, from the guitars to the harmonies, in my opinion, puts you on their level.

I'm blown away by the professional quality of your work.

rmyAddison 07-30-2012 05:51 AM

Bob and Deb,

Really nice, that's up there with your best........well done!!

Bob1131 07-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger1964 (Post 3128018)
VERY, VERY, VERY cool arrangement of this song! Anything with you and Deb is special but this one raised the bar. Lots of bits of the original, with lots of creative starts and stops for the Bob1131 treatment. The guitar recording is one of the best I've ever heard here at the AGF. I listened a second time just to hear the guitar tracks. WOW says it all!

Thanks very much, Roy! Your comments definitely put a smile on our faces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 3128479)
This was excellent, Bob. Nice arrangement and recording.

Thanks, Jeremy! I'm glad you liked this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeCharter (Post 3128546)
I will echo what others have said.

Very well done.

Thank you for listening and commenting, Joe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhancox (Post 3128731)
When I saw the thread title, I just knew....

That was one your most outstanding arrangements I've heard yet.

I had made a comparison to a well known artist on one of your other tunes recently and I meant it in the most complimentary way, while at the same acknowledging that it's not your intent to sound like them. But I have to say, if Crosby, Stills & Nash were to do a cover of this song, this is what it would sound like.

It's not that you sound exactly like them, it's just that the creativeness you put in to the arrangement and the sound of it, from the guitars to the harmonies, in my opinion, puts you on their level.

I'm blown away by the professional quality of your work.

Wow, now you've blown me away with your very kind comments, Rob. I really appreciate your encouragement. Just knowing that other folks like what we did means so much to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mr Fixit eh 07-31-2012 07:05 AM

Very nice, Bob/Deb,

I love the way you bounce the parts back and forth between you. Beautiful mixing and recording.

Steve

bbrown 07-31-2012 07:32 AM

Excellent Bob.

Great job!

--Bill

Bern 07-31-2012 12:07 PM

So much fun to listen to you both...:up:

BUDSTER 07-31-2012 07:10 PM

Now that is what I'm talking about, what a great rendition of a classic tune. Love the grit in Deb's voice in this one.

Bud

shortymack 08-01-2012 12:38 AM

Super great, fantastic breaks, and harmonies! Very well done, thanks!

Bob1131 08-01-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyAddison (Post 3128907)
Bob and Deb,

Really nice, that's up there with your best........well done!!

Rich, thank you very much! I always value your feedback, so it was good to see your comments, my friend. I hope all is well with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Fixit eh (Post 3130073)
Very nice, Bob/Deb,

I love the way you bounce the parts back and forth between you. Beautiful mixing and recording.

Steve

Steve, thanks for giving us a listen and commenting. I'm glad you liked it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrown (Post 3130103)
Excellent Bob.

Great job!

--Bill

Thank you, Bill!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bern (Post 3130436)
So much fun to listen to you both...:up:

I sure do appreciate it, Bern!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDSTER (Post 3130900)
Now that is what I'm talking about, what a great rendition of a classic tune. Love the grit in Deb's voice in this one.

Bud

Thanks, Bud! I never know how my arrangements of these old classics will go over, so I'm happy to know folks are liking this one. After Joe Cocker's soulful blues rendition, anything else might just sound pale, so I felt like we were taking a chance messing with this.

Steve Berger 08-02-2012 07:11 AM

Hey Bob - Add me to the list of folks here that love your rendition of this classic song. You and Deb make beautiful music together and this song is right at the top of the list.

noledog 08-02-2012 08:35 AM

+1 from the noledog, you guys keep bringin' the hits with class and always a tasy performance! I grew up listening to my older brother and my late cousin Cory playin' this as an acoustic duet, so you brought back fond memeories. :)

Bravo,

eric