The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wayfaring Stranger Tutorial (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618093)

Glennwillow 06-12-2021 01:25 PM

Wayfaring Stranger Tutorial
 


I did a performance of this old folk song HERE just recently.

On request, I have made a tutorial on how to play this song on the guitar using my original arrangement and my style of finger picking. I hope this is helpful, especially to newer guitar players who hopefully will find this arrangement accessible.

Thanks for watching! :)

- Glenn

airborne1 06-13-2021 12:01 PM

Glenn,
The time and effort you put into these “beginner” tutorials are greatly appreciated!

Your productions inspire me to continue to improve my skills as a player.

Hope all is well with you, and yours!

Bill

Glennwillow 06-13-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6740386)
Glenn,
The time and effort you put into these “beginner” tutorials are greatly appreciated!

Your productions inspire me to continue to improve my skills as a player.

Hope all is well with you, and yours!

Bill

Thank you Bill!

It's so nice of you to provide feedback! I really do hope this will be helpful!

My family and I are doing great! I hope you are, too! :)

- Glenn

started with 1 06-14-2021 01:48 PM

Thanks Glenn. Another good one to add to my repertoire.

Glennwillow 06-14-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by started with 1 (Post 6741237)
Thanks Glenn. Another good one to add to my repertoire.

Thank you Started!

I appreciate your comments!

Best wishes to you and your family!

- Glenn

jaymarsch 06-15-2021 02:36 PM

Impressive, Glenn. I have always loved this song and it will be fun to try your version out. Your tutorials are so well done. Easy to follow.

Best,
Jayne

Glennwillow 06-15-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymarsch (Post 6742102)
Impressive, Glenn. I have always loved this song and it will be fun to try your version out. Your tutorials are so well done. Easy to follow.

Best,
Jayne

Thank you Jayne for taking time to comment and check into this tutorial!

I do hope you find it helpful. :)

Best,
Glenn

Mkel12 06-16-2021 02:58 PM

Incredible production quality and application of your talent into the performance Glenn. I produce YouTube tutorials as well, but this is next level. In fact, I think it is unsurpassed by any I have seen. Nice job.
Mike

Glennwillow 06-16-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkel12 (Post 6742944)
Incredible production quality and application of your talent into the performance Glenn. I produce YouTube tutorials as well, but this is next level. In fact, I think it is unsurpassed by any I have seen. Nice job.
Mike

Thanks so much Mike!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments and encouragement, Mike. :) I do work hard on these tutorials, so I appreciate your noticing the efforts and the results!

Since you do this kind of thing, too, you know the questions you ask yourself... Is this worth the effort, will anyone care, will this help anyone? Sometimes we just take a stab in the dark and so if we can be of help.

I hope you find this helpful, Mike! Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and provide encouragement here and on YouTube. :)

- Glenn

Mkel12 06-16-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6742974)
Thanks so much Mike!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments and encouragement, Mike. :) I do work hard on these tutorials, so I appreciate your noticing the efforts and the results!

Since you do this kind of thing, too, you know the questions you ask yourself... Is this worth the effort, will anyone care, will this help anyone? Sometimes we just take a stab in the dark and so if we can be of help.

I hope you find this helpful, Mike! Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and provide encouragement here and on YouTube. :)

- Glenn

Absolutely Glenn! I started making videos for my Guitars For Vets students when the pandemic started. To date I have posted about 40ish lessons, averaging about 7 minutes each. I started with very little production skill and with 4 subscribers. I have learned a lot about production in the past year, upgrading my video and audio hardware, and modifying camera angle and content format. I recently surpassed 10k subscribers, which has shocked me, but has affirmed to me that the videos are used and useful. But, as I mentioned, Glenn, your effort is top notch, and you have inspired me to up my game. Thanks again!

Glennwillow 06-16-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkel12 (Post 6743005)
Absolutely Glenn! I started making videos for my Guitars For Vets students when the pandemic started. To date I have posted about 40ish lessons, averaging about 7 minutes each. I started with very little production skill and with 4 subscribers. I have learned a lot about production in the past year, upgrading my video and audio hardware, and modifying camera angle and content format. I recently surpassed 10k subscribers, which has shocked me, but has affirmed to me that the videos are used and useful. But, as I mentioned, Glenn, your effort is top notch, and you have inspired me to up my game. Thanks again!

Hi Mike!

10K subscribers! Good for you! That tells you people care about what you're doing! That's fantastic! I will go check out your channel!

- Glenn

KevWind 06-17-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6739716)

I did a performance of this old folk song just recently.

On request, I have made a tutorial on how to play this song on the guitar using my original arrangement and my style of finger picking. I hope this is helpful, especially to newer guitar players who hopefully will find this arrangement accessible.

Thanks for watching! :)

- Glenn

Nice job well done ,,,, and Thrice a picture in a picture (great idea)

Glennwillow 06-17-2021 08:57 AM

Thank you Kev!

Thanks for checking on this! I appreciate your comments!

I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=