The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The World of Modern Luthiery with Martin Simpson (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598766)

Michael Watts 11-21-2020 05:57 AM

The World of Modern Luthiery with Martin Simpson

Hello everyone

It's been a little while since I posted here, I hope you're all keeping safe and well.

I'd like to invite you to an Instagram Live chat with the great Martin Simpson this coming Tuesday 24th of November at 7:30pm UK time 2:30pm EDT (other times zones may vary). We will be talking in depth about our favourite guitar makers from around the world, the challenges facing the scene and the future of the instrument we love.

https://i.imgur.com/yv0uKJK.jpg

I sincerely hope you'll join us - I will do my best to turn the conversation into a YouTube video for those who don't use Instagram.

All the best

Michael

SprintBob 11-21-2020 03:24 PM

Woo-hoo, this is going to be a good one! Always enjoy your podcasts and chats.

justonwo 11-21-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Watts (Post 6555586)
Hello everyone

It's been a little while since I posted here, I hope you're all keeping safe and well.

I'd like to invite you to an Instagram Live chat with the great Martin Simpson this coming Tuesday 24th of November at 7:30pm UK time 2:30pm EDT (other times zones may vary). We will be talking in depth about our favourite guitar makers from around the world, the challenges facing the scene and the future of the instrument we love.

https://i.imgur.com/yv0uKJK.jpg

I sincerely hope you'll join us - I will do my best to turn the conversation into a YouTube video for those who don't use Instagram.

All the best

Michael

Cool! Will you be using an English accent for this one as well?

theEdwinson 11-22-2020 07:01 PM

Two of my favorite guitar players on the planet, discussing my favorite subject! I will probably have to wait for the YouTube version, but I wouldn't miss this for the world!
Thanks for bringing this rarefied guitar culture into our sphere, Michael and Martin!

Dustinfurlow 11-27-2020 05:05 AM

This chat was super enjoyable. Martin is clearly just as passionate after all these years as he probably was in the beginning working with Sobell. Really loved hearing about the Turnstone and Taran.

Michael Watts 11-28-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintBob (Post 6556046)
Woo-hoo, this is going to be a good one! Always enjoy your podcasts and chats.

Thank you Bob! I'll get it onto YouTube this week if all goes according to plan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by justonwo (Post 6556223)
Cool! Will you be using an English accent for this one as well?

You know I struggle to hide my Boston twang but yes, I'll try...

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEdwinson (Post 6557039)
Two of my favorite guitar players on the planet, discussing my favorite subject! I will probably have to wait for the YouTube version, but I wouldn't miss this for the world!
Thanks for bringing this rarefied guitar culture into our sphere, Michael and Martin!

Thank you Steve! I'm on the case and will post here when it's ready!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow (Post 6560861)
This chat was super enjoyable. Martin is clearly just as passionate after all these years as he probably was in the beginning working with Sobell. Really loved hearing about the Turnstone and Taran.

Thank you Dustin, I'm very glad you enjoyed it! Martin is an extraordinary human being and it's always a joy to talk with him.

Borderdon 11-28-2020 09:49 AM

Thanks for posting this !
Really looking forward to the YouTube iteration.
Mr. Simpson is an inspiration.

Guitars44me 11-28-2020 08:44 PM

I agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEdwinson (Post 6557039)

I, too eagerly await the YouTube version. Please don't make me get yet another platform... I can hardly use the two I (almost) understand

Play on in fine health and fettle, gentlemen

Paul

Craviola 11-29-2020 04:38 AM

Do hope it makes it to youtube, I enjoy your channel a lot. Thanks and take care.

Ernesto 11-29-2020 06:45 AM

Great interview, I really enjoined it. I guess you didn't have to do a lot for this one;). It was as if he had been switched "on", and then just told one amazing guitar story after another. Thank you, Michael!

SprintBob 11-29-2020 08:01 AM

Thanks again Michael for doing this for the acoustic community. I have to wait on YT also as I don’t use Instagram. I just learned my first Martin Simpson song (Mother Love) and hope to learn more.

jaymarsch 11-30-2020 10:46 PM

Thanks for this, Michael. I took Martin’s workshop that he did via Zoom this month and it was wonderful. I look forward to the YouTube channel offering.
Best,
Jayne