The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   No Regrets: DADGAD original (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507196)

islandguitar 04-15-2018 08:38 AM

No Regrets: DADGAD original

Hi folks.....just sending through "No Regrets" played on the Tom Doerr Legacy in DADGAD. This is from the '17 CD Autumn's Soul and one which I don't think I've posted here till now.
Regards,
Fred

TomB'sox 04-15-2018 10:19 AM

Love it, great song and the guitar of course sounds fantastic.

islandguitar 04-15-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 5701619)
Love it, great song and the guitar of course sounds fantastic.

Tom, thanks so much! Very glad you enjoyed this one!
Best,
Fred

reeve21 04-15-2018 07:19 PM

Hi Fred,

I saw this one pop up on your soundcloud page the other day and really liked it, especially the way you ended the tune...glad you are now sharing it here, too!

Organic Sounds Select Guitars 04-15-2018 09:23 PM

I love your compositions, Fred. Beautifully played as well! Wonderful :)

islandguitar 04-16-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeve21 (Post 5702193)
Hi Fred,

I saw this one pop up on your soundcloud page the other day and really liked it, especially the way you ended the tune...glad you are now sharing it here, too!

Thank you, Bob! So glad you enjoyed.....Yeah, the ending is just one of those things you work out and that seemed to hit the mark for me with closing out the song.
Best,
Fred

islandguitar 04-16-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWSog (Post 5702267)
I love your compositions, Fred. Beautifully played as well! Wonderful :)

Hi Larry! Thanks so much! All my recordings are "best single take" ....no punch in's, and the night I did that take I was actually working on another song, but took a break and decided to shift gears for "No Regrets". As sometimes happens a casual shift can help nail a song as you're more relaxed and kind of "winging it"!
Thanks for the great compliment and taking a listen, Larry! More to come!
Fred

rick-slo 04-16-2018 08:56 AM

Sounds full and lush. Good job. I would like to hear you experiment more with single note (perhaps double stop) runs,
and maybe some block chords, to add variety to the steady alternate thumb pattern.

islandguitar 04-16-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick-slo (Post 5702607)
Sounds full and lush. Good job. I would like to hear you experiment more with single note (perhaps double stop) runs,
and maybe some block chords, to add variety to the steady alternate thumb pattern.

Rick, thanks so much for taking a listen! Much appreciated! My "Simple Overtones" might be more in line with your thinking?
https://soundcloud.com/island-guitar/simple-overtones

Great to hear from you and thanks again.
Fred

Glennwillow 04-16-2018 11:03 AM

Very nice job on this Fred! I do recognize this piece from your CD! Nice to hear it again and I'm very glad that you posted it here!

That really is a pretty sounding guitar!

- Glenn

islandguitar 04-16-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 5702739)
Very nice job on this Fred! I do recognize this piece from your CD! Nice to hear it again and I'm very glad that you posted it here!

That really is a pretty sounding guitar!

- Glenn

Thank you, Glenn! Yes, Tom makes a killer guitar! :) This is his #103 so he had time to "ease" into things! LOL! It's the only guitar I own that was built for me and I loved the experience. Tom's background influences include, Bill Wise, Kevin Ryan, Jim Olson, etc. and also a week's symposium under Ervin Somogyi, which led to the development of his own designs around 9 years ago. We're still in touch fairly often as I send him pieces done on his guitar which he seems to really enjoy. He's a great guy!
Thanks again!
Fred

HOF dad 04-16-2018 06:51 PM

just found this Fred.......really, really nice.
Your playing on that Doerr is pretty special.

islandguitar 04-16-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF dad (Post 5703153)
just found this Fred.......really, really nice.
Your playing on that Doerr is pretty special.

Hi Dan,
My sincere thanks for the listen and compliment! It's very fulfilling to hear from folks upon hearing my "stuff". You work at it.....sometimes a long time, and then it's "there" for folks to hear and react to. Quite special. Thanks for joining in on this,....so appreciated!!
Best,
Fred

UKPhil 04-17-2018 02:38 AM

That's a lovely, free flowing piece Fred. Enjoyed it a lot and great sound as well :)

UKPhil 04-17-2018 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguitar (Post 5702622)
Rick, thanks so much for taking a listen! Much appreciated! My "Simple Overtones" might be more in line with your thinking?
https://soundcloud.com/island-guitar/simple-overtones

Great to hear from you and thanks again.
Fred

Gorgeous music. Listening to all your SoundCloud music now.