The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Kindness and generosity on AGF (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546589)

jklotz 05-12-2019 01:21 AM

Kindness and generosity on AGF

I started a thread recently about high end picks. A guy reached out to me via pm. He said he had a few (Blue Chip, Wengan, etc) that he had tried and no longer had a need for. He offered to send them to me, free of charge. Of course I said yes, but offered to at least pay for shipping, which he declined. Got in from a gig tonight to find a pm from him with the tracking number.

It's late. I'm off to bed. Just wanted to let you guys know. I'm grateful to be part of a community where things like this happen.

Kerbie 05-12-2019 03:26 AM

That's fantastic... what a great forum we have! It's a privilege just to be a part. :)

srick 05-12-2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerbie (Post 6059841)
That's fantastic... what a great forum we have! It's a privilege just to be a part. :)

I agree!

Murphy Slaw 05-12-2019 04:38 AM

I get nearly all of my psychiatric help here.

And it's FREE....

Kh1967 05-12-2019 05:44 AM

Many acts of kindness and generosity on the AGF - glad you got to experience it first hand!

KarenB 05-12-2019 05:47 AM

Beautiful! Let us know what you think of those picks and how, if they do, impact the sound and/or your playing.

Long Road Home 05-12-2019 09:10 AM

Based on my experience, this isn't just a forum... it's a community - one that I've benefited from immensely in many ways.

jpd 05-12-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw (Post 6059855)
I get nearly all of my psychiatric help here.

And it's FREE....

:roll:..........

rwmct 05-12-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax238 (Post 6060002)
Based on my experience, this isn't just a forum... it's a community - one that I've benefited from immensely in many ways.

Yep. "Community" is the word, no doubt.

Charmed Life Picks 05-12-2019 01:13 PM

Jeff, so glad you discovered us, and we you. We are indeed a community. It seems to me there should be a time where we could arrange some regional acoustic jams together and play, chat, nosh, etc. If anyone would be interested in SoCal in helping me put together one this summer, I have two excellent venues in Van Nuys and/or Pasadena. Please PM me here if willing and able.

I'd like to also give a shout out to the moderators. When I joined about five years ago, we had several trolls who used to come in here regularly and poison the well. This was their idea of a good time. It got so bad that Wade and I and others actually talked offline in private on how to manage it, who to avoid, etc. In case you folks don't know, moderating is about the most thankless job in the universe. I couldn't do it for one day, let alone a year. The best mods like to keep a low profile, so I won't embarrass you by calling you out by name; you know who you are.

To the Mods: Thank you for your selfless service in making this one of the best -- and most civil -- forums on the net. This doesn't happen on its own.

And Jeff, thanks for taking the time to post.

scott memmer

B Chas 05-12-2019 01:20 PM

No doubt about it, this is the nicest place on the internet!

chippygreen 05-12-2019 01:44 PM

Thank you to everyone on and behind this forum who has helped me get back into guitar after so many years...I echo the positive sentiments here.

tippy5 05-12-2019 02:10 PM

That's pretty dang nice. Let the generosity flow.

Glennwillow 05-12-2019 02:17 PM

This forum is full of generous people. If you hang around long enough, you see things happen that are like no other place on the Internet, people looking out for each other, people being generous, people taking time for each other.

This is a real community, not just some make-believe place.

And I echo Scott Memmer's thanks to the moderators for all that they do behind the scenes. It is a thankless job; in fact, it's much more than thankless. Sometimes being a moderator means a person is subjected to personal attack and abuse. It can get old fast.

So thanks to the moderators who hang in there for literally years to help out the community of the AGF. It matters greatly.

- Glenn

BoneDigger 05-12-2019 02:17 PM

I for one would love to see more AGF jam sessions, both in the USA and abroad. There is a sub forum for posting events, but unfortunately I don't think most of our members peruse that section on a normal/routine basis.