The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Marketplace (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   My Favorite Guitars (MFG) retirement (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568112)

MFG 01-02-2020 11:35 AM

My Favorite Guitars (MFG) retirement

Well, the time has come for Sharon and me to step back and call it a day. We are looking forward to spending more time with friends, family, music and the outdoors. We have very much enjoyed our journey and are very grateful to all the many friends on the AGF we have made along the way. We will not be re-authorizing as Martin dealers in 2020, but we will be offering our remaining inventory of new Martin production and custom shop guitars, with full warranty, until they are all sold. We have quite a few instruments to offer, so continue to watch our website and feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions. We appreciate you all and we thank you for your support throughout these many years.
Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 612-839-2277

Respectfully,
Jon & Sharon Garon

UncleJesse 01-02-2020 11:37 AM

Congrats! But also bummed because your customs are among the best. Enjoy it! If you have any dreads or OMs you need to dump at a significant markdown, I'm your guy :)

woodbox 01-02-2020 11:43 AM

Well, I’m wishing you all the best Jon, and hope you’ll still be around.

Maybe you’ll stay on or rejoin as a regular guy, not a sponsor?

If you happen to have a Martin 12 fret Mahogany laying around for $300, let me know.

As always, best to you Jon.
I’ve always enjoyed each of our encounters/connections.
T

JNowlin 01-02-2020 01:02 PM

I bought a couple of Martin Authentics from MFG and had great service. Sad to you go Jon & Sharon. Enjoy your retirement!

Jared

RP 01-02-2020 01:19 PM

As a guitarist I'm sorry to see you leaving the business; but as a fellow retiree, I hope you and Sharon enjoy your non-working years....

DebbieE 01-02-2020 01:20 PM

Wow Jon, sorry to hear this but I'm so glad you're going to get the chance to retire. I've bought several guitars from you over the years and have always appreciated the service and help you gave in choosing the right guitar for me.

Thanks you,

Debbie

Bob from Brooklyn 01-02-2020 01:20 PM

Good luck Jon. You & Sharon was a pleasure to deal with when I got my D18 a couple of years ago. A long and healthy retirement to you both!

ManyMartinMan 01-02-2020 01:21 PM

Enjoy your new journey wherever it may take you.

Glennwillow 01-02-2020 01:22 PM

Thanks to you and to your wonderful years of service to the AGF and to Martin fans around North America, Jon! Enjoy your retirement, it is well deserved!

- Glenn

bufflehead 01-02-2020 01:28 PM

congratulations on your retirement.

Gjimmy 01-02-2020 01:55 PM

Congrats Jon. I had the pleasure of purchasing a 000-18 GE custom from you and love it.

Many thanks and happy retirement!

pagedr 01-02-2020 01:58 PM

The Martin OM-18 w/ GE specs I bought from MFG is the best guitar I own and one that will never be sold. You and Sharon will be missed!

thomasinaz 01-02-2020 04:35 PM

Big congratulations Sharon and Jon on your upcoming retirement!! Enjoy your free time. The D-35 I bought from you is a beautiful instrument. Your service to guitar players across the country will be missed.

llew 01-02-2020 08:00 PM

We're gonna miss you and Sharon. Congratulations on your next phase of life...enjoy yourselves. And thanks for the great guitars! Wishing you guys all the best...

pandaroo 01-03-2020 01:16 AM

Wish you Jon and Sharon the best moving forward. Thank you so much for your offering and generous contribution towards the guitar/music community and making it possible for the world to enjoy beautiful guitars. You will be sadly missed. May you have a Happy Retirement.