The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No. I Won't Pull Up To The Sign..... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566735)

Murphy Slaw 12-17-2019 07:04 AM

No. I Won't Pull Up To The Sign.....

Me and the wife were running some errands yesterday. It was drizzling rain and dreary and cold. We ran through a McDonalds for a snack and drinks. Small little burgers and fries, something quick.

I paid at Window One. Then pulled up to Window 2. The Window 2 lady asked us to pull out into the parking lot by a sign and wait for our order.

THERE WAS NO-ONE BEHIND US ! Period ! NO ONE... It was 2:30 in the afternoon, NOT rush hour.

There is no roof over the sign, so when my order delivery person walks out in the rain to bring it to us, I'll have to roll down my window in the rain to retrieve it. There IS a little roof where I was sitting talking to the lady at Window 2.

I asked her why should I pull out in the parking lot? There was no one behind me that was going to be waiting and she said "I don't know, THEY are just telling me to have you pull up"

I refused. I said nope, I'll wait right here. In a matter of seconds the order was done anyhow. It all APPEARED to be okay, I don't think they had time to poison me or do gross things to my food.

I feel okay this morning...

Actually, I feel GREAT !

I remember when Companies went out of their way to make you happy.

imwjl 12-17-2019 07:21 AM

They are trying to make you happy via consistency but some incidents like yours show it might not be ideal for all scenarios.

Silly Moustache 12-17-2019 07:26 AM

Just let me check something - you ate at a McDonalds Yesterday ?

And you feel OK?

Wow - you must have constitution like Keith Richards !

Steve DeRosa 12-17-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw (Post 6241419)
...I asked her why should I pull out in the parking lot? There was no one behind me that was going to be waiting and she said "I don't know, THEY are just telling me to have you pull up"

I refused. I said nope, I'll wait right here. In a matter of seconds the order was done anyhow. It all APPEARED to be okay, I don't think they had time to poison me or do gross things to my food...

Classic corporate-think: some muckity-mucks in a 43rd-floor boardroom implement a policy and demand that it be followed to the letter, regardless of how poor the decision and how much adverse impact on the front-liners/consumers - saw the same thing during my last decade in public education...

Glad you got your order with no unnecessary discomfort - thing is, the employee was probably reprimanded for "violating company policy"... :rolleyes:

Neil K Walk 12-17-2019 07:57 AM

Here's the solution to your problem: when you see a McDonald's on the side of the road, keep driving.

FWIW I agree, they are lacking on customer service and by refusing to be shuffled ahead you probably kept them from screwing up your order but I maintain that what you paid at the window is probably not the full cost of what you will pay later on. Even the Happy Meal toys aren't worth it.

Mr. Jelly 12-17-2019 08:07 AM

These types of things make my brain hurt. And now days they happen all the time. It is can come from some conference room decisions or a first level manager that can't trust the decision making of a unemployable employee. In which case the lowest common denominator wins. Default to the safest action to survive.

rokdog49 12-17-2019 01:17 PM

Congratulations, you beat the system.
I guess I don’t find this stuff all that important in the big picture.

Lkristians 12-17-2019 01:42 PM

Good Grief. That is the true meaning of Drive-Thru.

RP 12-17-2019 01:56 PM

Please pardon my lack of empathy, but if that really was the worst part of your day then your day was probably better than 90% of the population. Life isn't about being in control of the wave; it's about trying to stay on top of it....

murrmac123 12-17-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 6241806)
Please pardon my lack of empathy, but if that really was the worst part of your day then your day was probably better than 90% of the population. Life isn't about being in control of the wave; it's about trying to stay on top of it....

I must have missed the bit where the OP said that his experience at McDonalds was the worst part of his day.

RP 12-17-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murrmac123 (Post 6242002)
I must have missed the bit where the OP said that his experience at McDonalds was the worst part of his day.

Actually I said "IF that was the worst part of his day" so neither the OP or myself said that it was and you didn't miss it....

murrmac123 12-17-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 6242010)
Actually I said "IF that was the worst part of his day" so neither the OP or myself said that it was and you didn't miss it....

Actually you said "if that really was the worst part of your day" ...

RP 12-17-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murrmac123 (Post 6242017)
Actually you said "if that really was the worst part of your day" ...

Well. That is different....

Tenzin 12-17-2019 05:34 PM

This is done because they time each transaction. The transaction ends when you leave the second window so when you pull up, their 'average' time for the time it takes to get you your food doesn't get effected.

unimogbert 12-17-2019 06:30 PM