The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Amplifire 6 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549818)

jayhawk 06-17-2019 08:44 PM

Amplifire 6

Does anyone have experience with an Amplifire 6. At church I run my electric directly into the PA system and I am not happy with the sound. Bringing my amp (Mesa Transatlantic 15) and mic’ing it into the PA is simply not politically acceptable even though it would sound great.

The Amplifire would give me amp and cab modeling. It seems like it might solve this problem.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Jack

RoyBoy 06-20-2019 04:13 PM

American Sound

I'm a worship service player as well. On the TDPRI forum this subject comes up a lot and a very inexpensive solution that a lot of players have been very happy with is the Joyo American Sound pedal, which is a Chinese knock-off of the tech 21 blond. I comes very close to the classic black face Fender sound and you just run it through a DI into the PA. Many guys who love their tube amps claim it sounds quite good. Luckily, they're still letting me keep my Princeton Reverb on stage in our band. The day may come however, …

jayhawk 07-08-2019 02:29 PM

Roy

I had never really n across this pedal. Did a lot of reading about the Joyo pedal and almost everyone says great things. The fact it is a Tech21 clone (at 1/6 the price) is a strong recommendation as well. At $30 it was a very low risk. I ordered one and so far are highly impressed impressed by the sound.

I’m setting up on Wednesday to see how it sounds through our sound system. If I like it I will also order the Joyo British pedal.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

robj144 07-09-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhawk (Post 6106177)
Roy

I had never really n across this pedal. Did a lot of reading about the Joyo pedal and almost everyone says great things. The fact it is a Tech21 clone (at 1/6 the price) is a strong recommendation as well. At $30 it was a very low risk. I ordered one and so far are highly impressed impressed by the sound.

I’m setting up on Wednesday to see how it sounds through our sound system. If I like it I will also order the Joyo British pedal.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

I have a few Joyos... all excellent.

jayhawk 07-16-2019 09:28 AM

So I played on Sunday with pedal board plugged into the PA. It had sounded very thin before but with the Joyo, it sounded great. It sounded full and when you dug in you would get the natural breakup of an amp.

I bought the Joyo American (Fender) and the Joyo British (Marshall) which covers the sounds I was after. They also offer a Vox and Mesa pedal if you prefer that sound.

I highly recommend these pedals.

Jack