The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Playoffs -Divisional Round (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534341)

TBman 01-14-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkstott (Post 5948113)
As a lifelong NY Giants fan, I was very happy to see the Cowboys & Eagles lose.

:)

It would have been a dream weekend for me, if the Patriots had lost as well.

:D

As a fan of the NFL, I'm hoping for Chief's vs Rams in the Superbowl. It'll be a refreshing change to see new teams in the game.

My 2nd preference is for the Chief's vs Saints in the Superbowl.

Saints/Rams vs Chiefs is good for me.

Packer fan since 12/31/67

I don't hate the Patriots, I just never warmed up to them. Years from now we'll kick ourselves for not appreciating being able to watch history being made.

When our teams win a few it's Hooray, and we hope for continuing success. When another team actually has it happen, 8 AFC championship appearances in a row, we all like, "yeah I'm sick of them." Lol.

raysachs 01-14-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 5948516)
I don't hate the Patriots, I just never warmed up to them. Years from now we'll kick ourselves for not appreciating being able to watch history being made.

When our teams win a few it's Hooray, and we hope for continuing success. When another team actually has it happen, 8 AFC championship appearances in a row, we all like, "yeah I'm sick of them." Lol.

It's possible to hold two seemingly opposing thoughts in your mind at one time. You can appreciate what they've done, be glad you witnessed it, but still be sick of them. I mean, a big part of why we watch and enjoy any sport is because of the beauty of the competition. When one team is that great/dominant for that long, it makes it less competitive, like everyone else is playing for second place, particularly in the AFC. I don't see any conflict at all between appreciating what the Patriots have done and still being a "Patriot's hater"... I think if you don't have a pretty specific reason to be a fan of theirs, it's almost obligatory...

-Ray

AmericanEagle 01-14-2019 05:36 PM

Pretty sad seeing the Patriots haters on this forum.
Can’t you just give the team, players, coaches some credit?
My goodness.

Dru Edwards 01-14-2019 05:51 PM

The Patriots are underdogs in the Conference Championship game and I think that makes sense. Gronk has been used sparingly over the past month ... watch him to be targeted for big plays.

FLRon 01-14-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 5948494)
NE Patriots...5 rings, um no one else.

Hmmm...what about the Forty Niners and the Cowboys? They have each won 5 Super Bowls. The Steelers have won six to lead all teams.

Bax Burgess 01-14-2019 06:12 PM

AFC game promises a HOF dance-off. Gronk vs Kelce. Anyone know the opening line?

dkstott 01-14-2019 06:38 PM

Getting a Giants fan to give props to the Patriots would be like getting a NY Yankee's fan to root or cheer for the Boston Red Sox... Ain't gonna happen.. :D

Any day the Cowboys lose is a good day. :D

I don't really hate the Eagles, but I just can't bring myself to root for a division rival.

I was pretty torn between wanting to see Nick Foles continue his magic carpet ride and wanting to see Drew Brees to get in another Superbowl.

It's going to be interesting in Philly to see what happens with their quarterback situation. Carson Wentz is good, but he's on the verge of being considered injury prone. 1 in college and now 2 years in a row in Philly

Dave

Dru Edwards 01-14-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLRon (Post 5948635)
Hmmm...what about the Forty Niners and the Cowboys? They have each won 5 Super Bowls. The Steelers have won six to lead all teams.

Guessing he means that Brady won 5 Super Bowls, which is more than anyone else except for Charles Haley, who also won 5. Haley won it with 2 teams.

Neil K Walk 01-14-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty bradbury (Post 5948494)
NE Patriots...5 rings, um no one else.

Not true. Brady has 5 which makes him one of the very few individuals to have 5 rings. As a franchise, NE is in a 3 way tie with Dallas and San Francisco for 5 SB wins. Pittsburgh has 6.

Odds are very good that NE will tie that record.

robj144 01-15-2019 09:14 PM

Here's a fun debate if Tom is the greatest athlete ever for those in this thread that think he's much less valuable to the Pats then Bill:

Dru Edwards 01-16-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj144 (Post 5949763)
Here's a fun debate if Tom is the greatest athlete ever for those in this thread that think he's much less valuable to the Pats then Bill:

<<snippet video>>

I just watched the first 3 minutes and I bookmarked to watch the rest. Brady is my all time favorite NFL player. I consider him the GOAT in the NFL but I don't consider him the greatest athlete of all time. As difficult as it is to compare players across sports I think Wayne Gretzky > Tom Brady.

robj144 01-16-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5950566)
I just watched the first 3 minutes and I bookmarked to watch the rest. Brady is my all time favorite NFL player. I consider him the GOAT in the NFL but I don't consider him the greatest athlete of all time. As difficult as it is to compare players across sports I think Wayne Gretzky > Tom Brady.

I'm a huge Brady fan, but it's really hard to judge people across sports. It's best to just say they they're several athletes that transcended their respective sport and that's it. Brady, Jordan, Gretzsky, Federer, Ali, etc... No need to say one is the best.

1neeto 01-16-2019 11:03 PM

I personally consider Michael Phelps the greatest athlete of all time.

Bax Burgess 01-17-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1neeto (Post 5950832)
I personally consider Michael Phelps the greatest athlete of all time.

He's all wet.