The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   AGF Classifieds - Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For Sale: Taylor 98 W-14c. TRADE IN PROGRESS. THANKS AGF (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534535)

Guitars44me 01-13-2019 02:09 PM

Taylor 98 W-14c. TRADE IN PROGRESS. THANKS AGF

Esteemed AGFers, may I offer:

Very Very clean 98 w-14c. No E
Sounds Fantastic and plays perfectly.
Original list price was $4250 in 1998!!! No longer available in this 1990s configuration

AGF TRADE IN PROGRESS...

Walnut/Cedar G.A. (16" Lower Bout)
Cutaway, but No electronics. Ever.

Was up on Reverb:

https://reverb.com/item/18954192-tay...c-1998-natural

Only issues are SMALL and purely cosmetic.
One small ding above the big string, now dropfilled and buffed. A tiny bit of finish lift at neck heel from former neck set. Now glued and stabilized at Taylor. And a bit of finish lift on the back. Pics show these issues in harsh light! These were not uncommon at this time due to the ultra thin UV finish, which did help the tone and volume. Hard to spot these cosmetic booboos due to the major figure in the Walnut. But we want no surprises so please check all pics!

Major BLING. Beautiful Abalone galore.
Extremely light weight.
Pink Poodle case in outstanding condition! Looks new!!!
Recent spa vacation at Taylor for COMPLETE RENEW PROCEDURE!
Now has Beautiful Jescar EVO Hard gold color frets, new neck set, and perfect set up by Taylor Repair Senior Tech, Pat Quinn.
Super clean stable original Grovers.
Played a LOT! but super well taken care of.
The original owner wore out the frets, which he did not disclose in the sale listed as MINT. But it sounded so good I decided to give it the works!
Not getting the love my 12 frets get. And too Primo for me to gig...
The new ones do not compare, to my ears or hands.
This era Taylors compare well to Santa Cruz, Collings, Bourgeois, Goodall, Huss and Dalton, and other smaller shops. WAY more human work involved than now...
This is a VERY GOOD ONE even for this era. This caused much commotion and favorable comment at Taylor Repair!
25.5" scale
1.75" Nut
2 3/16" string spacing at Saddle
Slim "electric" neck typical of the "Golden Era Taylors". Much like new "Slim Carve" but considerably less mass in the heel due to the pre NT construction.
Will be detuned to C, swaddled like a baby and beyond pro packed.
I ship USPS third Day Priority packed for interstellar travel, swaddled like fine china, and insured on my Heritage account.
Paul
619-445-1189 9-9 pacific time.
Thanks for looking. I am happy to answer any questions!

Guitars44me 01-13-2019 02:22 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Attachment 17646Attachment 17647Attachment 17648Attachment 17649Attachment 17650Attachment 17652Attachment 17658Attachment 17659Attachment 17660

Guitars44me 01-16-2019 10:55 PM

Bump

Spectacular "Golden Age" Taylor, with outstanding setup and MAJOR TONE!

Cheers

Paul

invguy921 01-17-2019 04:31 PM

What a gorgeous Taylor!! And it is one of those GREAT Taylors from the late 90s. Folks, I have two of these 90's Taylors and they absolutely sound and play awesome. Some people believe that the old ones are better than the new ones...and yes I am in that camp. They have almost a "hybrid Martin tone", and yet with a little bit of that cool Taylor sizzle factor. I LOVE the tone of these.

This one is in tip top condition and if Paul had it gone completely through, you can trust that nothing was missed. So...you could say this is almost like driving this baby off the showroom floor and yes you're getting a guitar that has the age on the wood that makes it sound really special.

Paul is the real deal. Great guy to work with. And yes, when he ships he packs them to survive just about anything. Buy with confidence!

Guitars44me 01-18-2019 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank You Mike! You should know after all the fine guitars you have had! I am adding the Repair ticket from Taylor.
This is a SPECTACULAR OLD TAYLOR. In near mint condition with a PERFECT SETUP!
Cheers
Paul

Attachment 17918

BradleyCharles 01-22-2019 10:30 AM

Trade?

Have very nice custom Martin OM-18 V. Yes I have pics and build sheet. Am touring with my band right now, home next week. Give me a shout. Thank you!

Guitars44me 01-22-2019 10:47 AM

Thanks Bradley

I hope the tour is a rousing success. So sorry I missed you here in Descanso, but I was pressed into service at a last minute gig myself.

Rattle my cage again when you get home. And

Have FUN

Paul

BradleyCharles 01-25-2019 07:12 PM

Trade Martin OM18-V Custom

Two shows to go. Santa Clarita and Desert Hot Springs. Home next week. Talk turkey then! Thanks Paul.

Guitars44me 02-06-2019 10:21 AM

PRICE DROP

Price drop to $2950 shipped. (Trade value $3250). Perhaps this will get someone off the fence...

I recently played my way through the Taylor Petting zoo at the El Cajon Campus.

To my ears this is at least as good as ANYTHING I played and I prefer the old neck.

Your mileage may vary.

This was $4250! 22 years ago....

If I did not have my three John Kinnaird Customs and a FOURTH on the way this would not be for sale.

Cheers

Paul

Guitars44me 02-26-2019 08:02 PM

Up from page six...

Every time I play this beauty I question selling. But I have too many and this is not going to gigs, as it is way to cherry.

The tone is NOT at all like a post 2000 Taylor, imho.

Really FAT, WARM, AND RICH.

Cheers

Paul

Guitars44me 03-23-2019 10:28 AM

This axe is in the top two Taylors I have played

I have played hundreds of Taylors from every era, including the latest and this really is as good as I have experienced.

This was on a par with the 914 when built so long ago...

WELL, I PLAYED THIS A LONG TIME YESTERDAY AND DECIDED TO KEEP HER! I realized I would buy her again if I could, so why sell?

Carry-on gang, and remain musical! And have fun !!!

Paul

Guitars44me 05-24-2019 08:44 AM

Happy Memorial Day to all

SHE'S BAAAAACK...

A Wonderful Memorial Day weekend to all. And many thanks to all who have served and are serving in our armed forces!

This guitar needs NOTHING.

Even more info and pics on the non functional old Reverb listing.

Happy to discuss on the phone 619-445-1189. 9-9 pacific time.

Paul