The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE - Hardcase? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126755)

Samuelch 05-22-2008 10:21 PM

Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE - Hardcase?

I went to my local guitar shop today and picked up a Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE - basically a bigger version of the cargo.
It has a beautiful red finish and comes with an excellent gig bag...
What blew me away was the sound - amazing tone!
The bass on this thing reminds me of a dread or jumbo.
I think the offset sound hole has something to do with it.

Anybody else own one? Also, although I like the gig bag, I've noticed that you can order a hardcase - is it worth it and where can I order one from?

buzzardwhiskey 05-22-2008 11:01 PM

I've one on order (the guitar not the case). 2-6 weeks more... arrgh!

Samuelch 05-23-2008 11:48 AM

Still waiting huh - well worth it - I waited about 2 months for mine - they had to send it back to CA to get something tweaked - it came back last night and now it's home with me :D

tommyld 05-23-2008 01:13 PM

I'm on the lookout for a dealer with a 5iM-CE!! Can't seem to find them online.

I just got my Cargo...I love the finish more than any of my previous three CAs. I'm looking for a 5i to replace my Vintage Performer. It's a downgrade in aesthetics--and especially in electronics--but need cash and actually prefer the satin finish and off-set soundhole.

leeasam 05-23-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyld (Post 1487260)
I'm on the lookout for a dealer with a 5iM-CE!! Can't seem to find them online.

I just got my Cargo...I love the finish more than any of my previous three CAs. I'm looking for a 5i to replace my Vintage Performer. It's a downgrade in aesthetics--and especially in electronics--but need cash and actually prefer the satin finish and off-set soundhole.

www.davesguitar.com he has one in stock. just click Inventory then click Misc. acoustics then scroll down. they have it labeled wrong as a 5MCE here is a pic. his prices are pretty good too for CA guitars. talk to Clay

http://www.davesguitar.com/product/81063.JPG

Samuelch 05-23-2008 04:07 PM

There is my guitar - highly recommended!!!

tommyld 05-23-2008 09:26 PM

Couldn't find a charcoal 5iM-CE in stock online.
I just put in a special order for a charcoal 5iM-CE. It's going to replace my Vintage Performer (8LV-E). Now, the "6 to 8 weeks" waiting begins. :)

Samuelch 06-16-2008 10:15 AM

Finally!

Found an original CA hardcase from Danny at acoustic pro...

PTL 06-16-2008 11:26 AM

I believe that any dreadnought hardshell works fine. Mine is sitting in one.

PTL

tonewood 06-16-2008 04:28 PM

5im-ce

I HAVE A 5iM-CE. THIS IS A GREAT GUITAR. IT'S A GUITAR THAT'S HARD TO PUT DOWN ONCE YOU START PLAYING IT. I DON'T HAVE HARD SHELL CASE.
THIS IS A KEEPER FOR ME.

tonewood 06-16-2008 04:33 PM

CA 5iM

:)WONDERFUL NO WORRIES AXE.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonewood (Post 1508022)
I HAVE A 5iM-CE. THIS IS A GREAT GUITAR. IT'S A GUITAR THAT'S HARD TO PUT DOWN ONCE YOU START PLAYING IT. I DON'T HAVE HARD SHELL CASE.
THIS IS A KEEPER FOR ME.

WorksInTheory 03-15-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTL (Post 1507797)
I believe that any dreadnought hardshell works fine. Mine is sitting in one.

PTL

Hi sorry to dredge up this old thread but did anybody figure out hard case options for the GX?

PTL - are you sure a dread case works - thought the GX was more of a Grand Auditorium type (read smaller or atleast curvier)

Carbonius 03-15-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyld (Post 1487687)
Couldn't find a charcoal 5iM-CE in stock online.
I just put in a special order for a charcoal 5iM-CE. It's going to replace my Vintage Performer (8LV-E). Now, the "6 to 8 weeks" waiting begins. :)

Well this may not matter now but... I had checked EVERY dealer through http://www.compositeacoustics.com/ under "FIND A DEALER" the other day and did find a guy that had 2 charcoal 5iM-CE (called GXi in RT now). In fact, there were several guys that had them in stock.

I think part of the problem is how often CA has changed their model designations. Some dealers are still calling them 5's, 7's and 8's when that was done away with a couple of months back. It's simpler now... GXi in RT or High Gloss. If you went looking for a 5iM-CE, the GXi in RT is the exact same thing.

leeasam 03-15-2009 09:43 PM

I have a GX performer. As far as I know the GXi is the same body dimensions. As for case the GX was an EXACT fit in my Taylor case my 814ce was in!!! Find a used Taylor GA case or contact CA guitars and I`m sure they can hook one up with a case.

benplaut 03-16-2009 05:09 AM

There are a usually a few cases on ebay if you search for "composite acoustics"

But, to be entirely honest, the guitar is likely tougher than the case ;)