The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Guitars (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Got SG? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507315)

guitararmy 04-16-2018 07:49 AM

Got SG?
 
Gibson SG for $599...
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...26292000002000

Dru Edwards 04-16-2018 12:11 PM

One of the nice things about Gibson SGs is you can get great ones at a nice price point.

Jerry D 04-16-2018 10:27 PM

In the 2017 model year, Gibson returned the SG to a slimmer neck profile, which is more widely popular, and probably why Sweetwater is unloading their 2016's. I paid more than that for my 2017 SG (but not much more).

Dru Edwards 04-17-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry D (Post 5703286)
In the 2017 model year, Gibson returned the SG to a slimmer neck profile, which is more widely popular, and probably why Sweetwater is unloading their 2016's. I paid more than that for my 2017 SG (but not much more).

I have a 2017 SG Standard and it's a great neck (if you like slim necks). It's thinner than my other SG necks.

Jerry D 04-18-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry D (Post 5703286)
In the 2017 model year, Gibson returned the SG to a slimmer neck profile, which is more widely popular, and probably why Sweetwater is unloading their 2016's. I paid more than that for my 2017 SG (but not much more).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5703673)
I have a 2017 SG Standard and it's a great neck (if you like slim necks). It's thinner than my other SG necks.

Yes, that was my point. ;)

jwguitar 05-01-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5702754)
One of the nice things about Gibson SGs is you can get great ones at a nice price point.

Agreed. They are one of the only affordable Gibsons left.

The Old Gaffer 05-04-2018 08:10 PM

Just ot an SG Classic (dual P-90s) and I love it. Very easy to play and nothing sounds like genuine Gibson P-90s in a slab of mahogany.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=