The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   LISTEN (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Beatles Let It Be movie (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534286)

richard1 01-11-2019 07:15 AM

Beatles Let It Be movie
 
Better watch this before it disappears for another 50 years. Great insight into the inner workings, and beginning of the end for The Beatles. Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zP_8u3-cc

Inyo 01-11-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1 (Post 5945036)
Better watch this before it disappears for another 50 years.

I saw it once in the theater (that was one time too many). I've let it be from then on.

Chickee 01-11-2019 05:35 PM

I had forgotten how great this documentary film was. In my minds eye this is how I always visualize The Beatles. All right around their mid to late twenty’s, confidant and brilliant in their creativity. Edgy, and at the very edge of falling out of love with each other. Two alpha dogs, a beta and one of the luckiest guys in the world.
Getting close to sixty years on since the start in Liverpool, I thank God I had the chance to live my life in the same timeline as them.

raysachs 01-11-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickee (Post 5945641)
I had forgotten how great this documentary film was. In my minds eye this is how I always visualize The Beatles. All right around their mid to late twenty’s, confidant and brilliant in their creativity. Edgy, and at the very edge of falling out of love with each other. Two alpha dogs, a beta and one of the luckiest guys in the world.
Getting close to sixty years on since the start in Liverpool, I thank God I had the chance to live my life in the same timeline as them.

I think they were well past falling out of love with each other by then - they probably put on a relatively harmonious show for the cameras and the rooftop concert, but I think they were pretty much doing their own things by that point. I haven't seen that thing since I was a kid, but I remember it pretty well.

-Ray

Chickee 01-11-2019 06:04 PM

I disagree Ray. Just watch the scenes on the rooftop. Their body language and facial gestures towards each other are as full of love and respect as could ever be expected. This is four people who had been joined at the hip for a decade and needed their own space. Years later, after the dust and lawsuits settled, they all regretted not being able to continue.

richard1 01-12-2019 03:12 AM

The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history. Whoever dreamed that one up deserves wings of gold! It was made twenty times better with the arrival of the bumbling British plod.
I've no idea why this has stayed in the dark for so long. It belongs in the archive of the greats, for all to see and enjoy.

nickv6 01-12-2019 03:45 AM

Thanks very much for posting the link.brillant.
Nick

HeyMikey 01-12-2019 11:41 AM

If you Google "Let it Be full movie download" there are a couple Archive links where you can download different formats to your 'puter. You may also need to download a free player such as the 5KPlayer for mpeg4's

raysachs 01-12-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickee (Post 5945677)
I disagree Ray. Just watch the scenes on the rooftop. Their body language and facial gestures towards each other are as full of love and respect as could ever be expected. This is four people who had been joined at the hip for a decade and needed their own space. Years later, after the dust and lawsuits settled, they all regretted not being able to continue.

From everything I’ve read, they were pretty much done working as an organic whole by the White album. And then they still did Abbey Road, Hey Jude, and Let It Be after that. And I think that’s apparent through most of the sessions in this movie. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t still have an occasional good time playing together. Maybe like a divorced couple who gets along better after the marriage is over and they know they don’t have to live together anymore.

I don’t KNOW - I was only 11 years old when they called it quits, but that’s my understanding...

-Ray

Brent Hahn 01-12-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1 (Post 5945870)
The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history. Whoever dreamed that one up deserves wings of gold!.

The thing that always gets me about the rooftop set is the onlookers -- they couldn't possibly look less enthused. Unbelievable.

slooky 01-12-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1 (Post 5945870)
The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history.
I've no idea why this has stayed in the dark for so long. It belongs in the archive of the greats, for all to see and enjoy.

True it should be out for everyone to enjoy, especially since they found more footage. But I think a certain Paul McCartney is putting the blocks to it. He actually is quite painful to watch.

Brent Hahn 01-12-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slooky (Post 5946722)
True it should be out for everyone to enjoy, especially since they found more footage. But I think a certain Paul McCartney is putting the blocks to it. He actually is quite painful to watch.

I wonder if you'll still be mad at McCartney after you've read THIS.

pmichael 01-21-2019 07:55 AM

Beatles was pretty much like religion for me back then. When Let it Be came out, I was working as a projectionist in my small hometown theater. Ran this like 25 times. Eye to peephole every possible second!

slooky 01-28-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Hahn (Post 5946730)
I wonder if you'll still be mad at McCartney after you've read THIS.

Not mad at all. 2020 ,,hmm that sounds grand. Just hard to get past his ego.

bluesfreek 01-31-2019 12:58 PM

I actually recorded this movie off the TV on a Betamax machine one Christmas night in the early 1980's. It was shown at midnight for some reason. For Beatles fans a very interesting movie. Too bad they were falling apart at the time. Still...when the four of them (plus Billy Preston) played on the roof they could still fire on all cylinders.

There is another documentary clip on YouTube that claims the Beatles were apparently talking about doing a series of shows and playing tunes off the "White Album" in December of 1968 but they never materialized. I can't help but wondering if maybe Lennon wanted to include his new girlfriend Yoko in these shows and that might be why they never happened. :roll:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=