The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bose l1 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648331)

sevieman 06-16-2022 05:55 PM

Bose l1

I bought a Bose L1 when they were brand new. The first L1 that was available. I used it successfully for many years. Then when the vertical speaker posts were inserted into the base, the speakers stopped working. I took it to the best local tech in my area, but he needed the Bose schematic and specs to get into the unit to find the problem. Bose would not release them at the time. Recently I went to Bose tech branch to try to get the specs. They said that the unit was too old for them to comment on. They said that no replacement parts were available so that I should just throw it away. I mean, it might just be a broken wire! I went back to them to ask for a copy of the schematic and specs so that my local tech could get into it. They said that the original schematic was not available anymore and to just throw it all away again. I am not buying it that the schematic is not still in the Bose files somewhere. I do not see why that they could not find them and send them to me. Any suggestions?

FingahPickah 06-17-2022 04:01 AM

I own many Bose products and contacted the company directly for support several times (in over 20 years). I have never been left without a reasonable solution.

Bose is known for offering product replacement options (offering significant trade-in/$ credit for products that are no longer serviceable). I hope this helps.

Customer service email: [email protected]
Customer service: 1 (800) 379-2073
Technical support: 1 (800) 380-4831
Sales: 1 (800) 999-2673

Silly Moustache 06-17-2022 04:42 AM

I also use an L1 for my club. According to their website and a chap at a local dealers the L1 is still a current offering.

Chriscom 06-17-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silly Moustache (Post 7024820)
I also use an L1 for my club. According to their website and a chap at a local dealers the L1 is still a current offering.

The thing is, the L1 line has been upgraded over the years, and the OP references "The first L1 that was available," which would be what is now called the Classic. That's many moons ago, and the line is now two generations past that, the latest being the Pro line.

I have several Bose products and received above-and-beyond service on an L1 Model 2 *that I bought used,* but I sometimes wonder if service standards have slipped. I've read some disappointing tales recently on the Facebook Bose group, and Bose shut down and deleted its extensive user forum last February. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if Bose considered a schematic of even the Classic to be proprietary.

By the way Mr. Moustache, I recently re-watched your video on how to prepare for and perform at a gig, super helpful as usual.

sevieman 06-17-2022 03:29 PM

From Sevieman

Thank you all for your comments. I have contacted support at Bose several times on this topic. I have never gotten farther than a woman who answers the call who is obviously a very low level Bose employee. But she has put me on hold and spoken to someone else every time. The answer is always that they are sorry but can't help me. They have never offered me any options to replace the unit. Just sorry and good bye.

I bought the unit back in the day because we had monthly Guitar League meetings in a former church with a huge dome for a ceiling. As you probably know, the L1 has a level top to its sound pattern. The building had raked seating and you could literally walk up and out of the sound projection. So the sound never went up into the dome and started bouncing around.

I need it again for another venue with a high ceiling, but I am will not buy another one because of how I have been treated by Bose. Thank you all.

L20A 06-17-2022 04:22 PM

Ask them for the schematics for the oldest unit that they do have and see it it helps with your problem.

MarkF_48 06-17-2022 05:40 PM

Not all that familiar with BOSE's lineup, but did find these in my go to place for service manuals. Free to download (easier if you create an account).
I did download the L1 System 1 and it's a very comprehensive and detailed service manual. A good independent tech should be able to get these manuals easily if they try. BOSE 'may' have some proprietary components that only they can provide which may make it a challenge if needed.

https://i.imgur.com/mlKiaow.jpg

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?...all&page=1#res

sevieman 06-18-2022 04:15 PM

Many Thanks

MarkF_48 Thank you so much. I think that this is exactly what I have been trying to get from Bose!