The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Warrior - My LLB Top Ten (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603628)

maplebaby 01-11-2021 07:54 AM

The Warrior - My LLB Top Ten

Rogerblair 01-11-2021 08:10 AM

WOW!!! That was astounding, Dale, such incredible energy throughout. Great cover. Amazing as always.

Happy new year to you and your family.

Roger

fazool 01-11-2021 08:17 AM

Another awseome song Dale

maplebaby 01-11-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogerblair (Post 6601455)
WOW!!! That was astounding, Dale, such incredible energy throughout. Great cover. Amazing as always.

Happy new year to you and your family.

Roger

thanks so much for checking this out..and the kind words. Happy New Year to you and your gang as well!

your friend,
dale

maplebaby 01-11-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazool (Post 6601464)
Another awseome song Dale

thanks so much for sharing your time to check it out...hope you and your gang are very well, your friend, dale.

62&climbing 01-11-2021 06:48 PM

Does that cute little red head gal on the far left ever get to sing lead? She always seems so enthusiastic in her backup vocals. Bet she could belt out a song.

maplebaby 01-12-2021 08:26 AM

Does that cute little red head gal on the far left ever get to sing lead? She always seems so enthusiastic in her backup vocals. Bet she could belt out a song.[/QUOTE]

she brings a lot of energy - thanks for the kind feedback. We have been know to allow her to sing lead...tell me if you think it's a mistake?

airborne1 01-12-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplebaby (Post 6602426)
she brings a lot of energy - thanks for the kind feedback. We have been know to allow her to sing lead...tell me if you think it's a mistake?

All I can say is WOW, FREAKING WOW! She along with everyone else in the band are excellent!

I have viewed approximately 4 or 5 of your videos and have been amazed with every single one. In fact, I search this forum daily to see if you have posted. Please continue!

maplebaby 01-12-2021 10:07 AM

All I can say is WOW, FREAKING WOW! She along with everyone else in the band are excellent!

I have viewed approximately 4 or 5 of your videos and have been amazed with every single one. In fact, I search this forum daily to see if you have posted. Please continue![/QUOTE]

Well you made my day...thanks for the kind post, sincerely appreciated!

airborne1 01-12-2021 11:07 AM

May I ask if “Maplebaby” is the name of the band?

How long has the band been together?

Thanks for your time.

Glennwillow 01-12-2021 11:18 AM

That was so good! What a delight! I watched it twice in a row.

I love that Les Paul of yours and I'm just a little bit in love with your lead singer. :eek:

- Glenn

maplebaby 01-12-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborne1 (Post 6602653)
May I ask if “Maplebaby” is the name of the band?

How long has the band been together?

Thanks for your time.

Maplebaby is just my 'name' here. The band is the Lexington Lab Band, you can find all the videos on my Tonedr youtube channel if you'd like to see more.

Lexington Lab Band is a 'cover band' five or so 'core members' started several years ago to work up songs we loved from various artist and then film them. The 5 of us play on most of the early videos and often pull in other local musicians who would specialize for parts for some artist we covered.

The core band dissolved over several years due to moves and just life stuff and i jumped off 3ish years ago to have time to do other things.

Thanks for your interest and i hope you enjoy some of the artist we covered.

This year i decided to pick my fave 10 songs from the years i was involved and post one a month - this is #10 on my list.

dale

maplebaby 01-12-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 6602674)
That was so good! What a delight! I watched it twice in a row.

I love that Les Paul of yours and I'm just a little bit in love with your lead singer. :eek:

- Glenn

Thanks for watching sir! It was a fun tune to cover - i heard it today on the radio so it's still hanging around i guess.

Thanks for the kind words on the LP, prob my fave guitar that i have. This was Amanda's only 'lead vocal' tune - i wish we would have used her a bit more but there were so many strong females vocalist we could use - the men, not nearly as many!

62&climbing 02-03-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplebaby (Post 6602426)
Does that cute little red head gal on the far left ever get to sing lead? She always seems so enthusiastic in her backup vocals. Bet she could belt out a song.

[/QUOTE]

The only mistake that LLB made is not being able to have her lead sing enough. When that Wilson girl from Heart needs a rest, they need to have her phone number.

And so sorry to hear LLB isn’t doing its thing anymore. I loved your vids due to the perfect reproductions of the classics and the focus on musicianship rather than some abstract video of people interacting or the rain forest or whatever. I want to hear the music and I also want to see it. Maybe... just maybe I can learn something?

I think my favorite was Boston’s Foreplay/Longtime. And of course the Steely Dan stuff you guys did. And then there was..............

TomB'sox 02-03-2021 03:06 PM

As you know from our previous interactions, I am also a huge fan. I loved both of these videos and you have never had a bad lead singer male or female. I would love to be surrounded by that much talent!