The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Let me introduce the AGF to Morrissey Guitars!!!! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488546)

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:39 PM

Let me introduce the AGF to Morrissey Guitars!!!!

Part of the Woodstock experience for me is the unexpected things that happen. When I ran into fellow AGFer Roberts, one of the things he said to me was hey you should check out this guy's guitars, they are great. I asked who and he replied Morrissey guitars. I said, never heard of him and although his guitars were beautiful, his booth was crowded and I did not go over. That haunted me, like what did I miss. So when I went back Sunday, one of my goals was to talk to him and try out his guitars. He had a Koa , his Grand Auditorium size that was stunning. Master grade German Spruce top and the Koa back and sides, but done with a dark burst which made the Koa magical, working with the dark streaks of the Koa.

At that point, I did not pull the trigger, but we continued to talk. After a few days, I decided to add this guitar to the rest as it was too good not to. I drove out to his shop on Sunday, in MA. and did a shop visit and picked up the guitar.

I will post some pictures in the following few minutes and I think you will see that I had no choice, this guitar is too good to leave behind. I will let you go to Patrick's website to learn more, but basically he has been building for 15 years, but only the last 4 full time. He had a career in graphic design prior to taking the plunged after going to study guitar building.

I have some very nice instruments, more than I deserve and I know that. I only say that as a point of reference when I say, Patrick has what it takes and this guitar is one of the most beautifully crafted I have ever seen and the sound rivals everything I own and have played. I feel like I have stumbled into someone who has a limitless future ahead of him.

Please enjoy the pictures as I get them downloaded. If you like what you see, go to his site and look around, you may want to consider a build yourself or one of his woodstock guitars as I have a feeling this guy will fill his build list pretty darn quickly once word is out. And BTW, this is a nice guy, beautiful wife and children and very down to earth!

Tom

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:42 PM

First some shop pictures, very neat, Patrick may have a little problem in that he is too organized and neat hahaha!

Attachment 3380

Attachment 3381

Attachment 3382

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:44 PM

More shop pictures, cleaner than my family room!!!!

Attachment 3383

Attachment 3384

Attachment 3385

Bruce Sexauer 11-06-2017 03:45 PM

You won't be similarly impressed if and when you visit my shop, Tom.

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:49 PM

Here is a beautiful set of Cocobolo that is destined to become a guitar....

Attachment 3386

Now for some real EYE CANDY:

In the raw:

Attachment 3387

With a little finish:

Attachment 3388

Attachment 3389

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:51 PM

ANYONE GETTING INTERESTED YET????

Now for the best stuff, finished product:

Attachment 3390

Attachment 3391

Attachment 3392

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:53 PM

More, I know you guys hate to see more pictures: NOT!!!!

Attachment 3394

Walnut Burl on back of headstock!

Attachment 3395

MorrisseyGuitar 11-06-2017 03:58 PM

Thank you Tom - that is quite a nice introduction. It was a pleasure having you out to the shop.

PS - you forgot Henry the dog - HA

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rosette is made with Purflex from Petros with abalone ring:

Attachment 3396

Now a couple of very handsome fellows with a very handsome guitar!!!

Attachment 3397

Attachment 3398

For the detailed people: It has BRW bindings and bridge. 5 piece laminated neck with Mahogany, maple, curly mahogany. Macassar ebony head plate and really awesome fossilized Walrus Bridge Pins.Finger board has a 16 inch radius, 25.5 inch scale, 1 3/4 inch nut.

At Woodstock the action was a little high, which is normal for the first set-up, I mentioned that to Patrick, he agreed and when I picked it up he had lowered the action and it plays like butter, a perfect set up.

Any questions please ask, otherwise enjoy. This is a fantastic instrument.

Thanks Roberts for sending me that way! I owe it all to you or I can blame it all on you hahaha!

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisseyGuitar (Post 5529014)
Thank you Tom - that is quite a nice introduction. It was a pleasure having you out to the shop.

PS - you forgot Henry the dog - HA

Oh yes, forgive me Henry...a beautiful blonde Golden Ret. who is very well mannered although he does enjoy attention!!!!

TomB'sox 11-06-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer (Post 5529003)
You won't be similarly impressed if and when you visit my shop, Tom.

HAHAHA, well give this youngster 40 years and we will see what it looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roberts 11-06-2017 04:58 PM

Tom, if you want to blame it on me it's a long walk to the back of the line....Very nice and accurate endorsement for Patrick and his absolutely KILLER guitars. When you pick one up and strum the first chord it all comes together in a way you hope for but rarely experience. Deep, dark, rolling sound that you feel in your ears and hands. And gorgeous beyond belief, as is evident in Tom's pix. Welcome, Patrick and thanks, Tom for the really great update....Robert

pattste 11-06-2017 05:01 PM

One of my favourite moments of the show was the singer-songwriter duo Open Book performing with Morrissey guitars on Saturday. I took home their CD.

Congratulations on the purchase!

mountainguitar 11-06-2017 05:09 PM

Congratulations Tom!! If Robert has been involved with a guitar, that's a fine endorsement indeed. This is a gorgeous instrument and I love how Robert described how it plays! So cool!

beth

Nemoman 11-06-2017 05:18 PM

Congrats, Tom!

I'm not normally a burst guy, but that back burst with the Koa is absolutely gorgeous!

Time for soundclips? :D