The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Post a video that best shows your individual style (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392680)

Earwitness 07-02-2015 11:07 PM

What a showcase of completely different styles--makes it easy to see why we will never make progress in these debates about what guitar is "best"--people are playing these things in drastically different ways....

Not sure whether to be impressed, inspired or intimidated.

I choose to be inspired!

ukejon 07-03-2015 01:04 AM

Nicely stated, Earwitness, and thanks for the kind words. It is absolutely fantastic to see the great range of players here. Keep 'em coming....

AdiHog 07-03-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedeng88 (Post 4554996)
I'm really enjoyig the videos in the thread so far. For me, I guess this best reflects my stlyle of play and the type of music I'm currently into. This has been recorded straight from an iPhone, so please excuse the sound quality. :)

What's the name of this song?
It got my undivided attention from the first few notes until the end. Now I want to learn it too. Great playing by the way!

Adi

pf400 07-03-2015 05:57 AM

I would pay to have a compilation album of all of you guys playing these songs. This is great, thanks so much. Pretty well sums up what I love about guitar.

Nick Dellar 07-03-2015 06:02 AM

Sorry, but I live in the West of Ireland with incredibly slow WiFi so uploading videos is something I don't do too often. There are a couple of videos my Facebook page which is accessible from the Bandcamp link in my signature. One is straight fingerstyle, the other (also on YouTube) is 12 string slide, both are originals.

duluthdan 07-03-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themissal (Post 4555027)
I am impressed with all on this thread! Nole...Uke...Fran especially. Now me? I am a hack. I live in the cowboy three... Here is an original of mine...

Sal - nice vid of the original. I live in that cowboy range too. Someday I am gonna hop a plane with my J-45 in hand and travel east to smudge guitars with you. Its on my bucket list. Wonderful stuff. Keep 'em coming.

SalFromChatham 07-03-2015 06:52 AM

Dan, definitely kindred we are. I would welcome a visit anytime!

TomB'sox 07-03-2015 07:00 AM

Fantastic thread with great players for sure.

I think it would be nice if people posted what tunings they were in with their videos so that those of us less fortunate players ;) could try and emulate more easily what we see and hear!

Gutch 07-03-2015 07:16 AM

Here's a performance video from last year of an original song. It's a pretty good representation of my strumming style. I'll have to dig up something for a demo my fingerstyle.

(Trying to embed viewer but can't get it to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Oops! Found the tips earlier in the thread - Hope this works!)

T1mothy 07-03-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroyb (Post 4554880)
An un-pro gopro video :) Here is a little flatpicking instrumental from my backyard that represents my style.

Love that smooth right hand motion! Amazing skills :up:

Blueshoes 07-03-2015 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukejon (Post 4554396)
Related to the other terrific current thread on individual style, show us what defines your acoustic style or sound:

This original is pretty typical for my approach to Fingerstyle. Recorded the same day Greta arrived:

That was really very well played Jon , thanks for posting
You inspire me to practice
In fact all of the posters inspire me , Great job everyone

coopman 07-03-2015 07:19 AM

A little of this and a little of that ...

Here's a fingerstyle piece (dropped D). Side note: purchased this little froggie from another AGF member. The classifieds are a dangerous place to hang-out ;)

Here is some flatpicking - a little improv (in DADGAD) on an even smaller guitar

ocarolan 07-03-2015 07:25 AM

I have very much enjoyed each of the videos/audio tracks posted - thank you all!

Here's one of my originals which is fairly representative of my favourite way of playing - I recorded and uploaded it as "New Tune" before it had a proper title - as a result of what it made me feel, and with some help via feedback from others, I finally titled it "Something around the corner" -

Standard tuning. Fylde Custom Alexander guitar. Digital camera/Zoom H2 recording, flat eq, with a teeny tiny bit of room reverb added.

Keith

Marty1 07-03-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judson (Post 4554441)
At the risk of paling in comparison to some of the really accomplished guitarists on this forum, my humble style is more a simple "Carter-esque" flat picking method to support my vocals.

Don't sell yourself short. That was VERY enjoyable!

Michael Watts 07-03-2015 07:39 AM

This one probably does it best