The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Emerald carbon Weave with colored wire (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631307)

Bearman 11-12-2021 10:55 PM

Emerald carbon Weave with colored wire

I hope I haven’t waited too long…this option does not appear to be in the 3D building process…

billyg 11-13-2021 07:24 AM

Looks like it’s back up.

David Eastwood 11-13-2021 08:39 AM

And now it’s gone again - regular and vibrant are the only two options.

mountainmaster 11-13-2021 09:48 AM

Maybe it is just temporarily out of stock?

KevinH 11-13-2021 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm new to the Emerald world but have been using the configurator a lot for a week or so now, getting ready to order. I've only seen two options - standard and vibrant, both of which have color options. Are you saying there has been a third option at times? How does it differ in appearance from the colored standard?

Attachment 65062

mountainmaster 11-13-2021 09:52 AM

I am also missing the option for Hyvibe with an adjustable bridge. Only the traditional bridge is available with the Hyvibe now. :confused:

Captain Jim 11-13-2021 03:39 PM

Even with the 3D Builder, I think some discussion with Emerald (e-mail, online chat, or by phone) should still be in order when you're getting close to a purchase/order. The changes seen on the Builder may be due to supply issues (goodness knows we've all seen that in our everyday non-guitar purchases, as well), but getting the word direct from the source will get you the answer.

David Eastwood 11-13-2021 03:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinH (Post 6855313)
I'm new to the Emerald world but have been using the configurator a lot for a week or so now, getting ready to order. I've only seen two options - standard and vibrant, both of which have color options. Are you saying there has been a third option at times? How does it differ in appearance from the colored standard?

The third option is (or was) carbon fibre with a coloured weave - red, blue or green. It’s subtle - barely noticeable in some lights, and it really pops in others.

There have been a number of examples in recent shipping videos - and here are a few pictures of my blue weave Amicus, which should give you a good idea.

Attachment 65077Attachment 65078Attachment 65079Attachment 65080

KevinH 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Eastwood (Post 6855581)
The third option is (or was) carbon fibre with a coloured weave - red, blue or green. It’s subtle - barely noticeable in some lights, and it really pops in others.

There have been a number of examples in recent shipping videos - and here are a few pictures of my blue weave Amicus, which should give you a good idea.

That is beautiful. So its more subtle than the standard colored option, which is itself more muted than the vibrant option.

David Eastwood 11-13-2021 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinH (Post 6855600)
That is beautiful. So its more subtle than the standard colored option, which is itself more muted than the vibrant option.

Thanks - I think it’s rather lovely. All the Emeralds seem to have this chameleon quality to them, which just adds to their charm.

Attachment 65090Attachment 65091

steelvibe 11-13-2021 09:49 PM

That's a great family photo David :up:

I hope Emerald didn't do away with the colored thread weaves as I think they look really great, especially the blue and green.

billyg 11-21-2021 06:32 PM

Looks like it’s back up?

StringMeUp 11-21-2021 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyg (Post 6861536)
Looks like it’s back up?

I just looked. It is still not being shown on the Builder. I have an X-7 with red fiber weave that I ordered using the Builder after it was first launched. It was listed as an option under Carbon Type.

As suggested above, you may want to contact Emerald and see if it is, or will be, available.

billyg 11-23-2021 04:46 PM

Carbon Fibre on configurator

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I at least see my confusion. The Carbon with colored Fibre option is showing up on my iPhone but it does not show up on my laptop computer. So, as we have already gathered -- there is uncertainty.

David Eastwood 11-23-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyg (Post 6862999)
I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I at least see my confusion. The Carbon with colored Fibre option is showing up on my iPhone but it does not show up on my laptop computer. So, as we have already gathered -- there is uncertainty.

Interesting. I'm seeing the same thing. Time for a note to Emerald, methinks.