The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   RECORD (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   UAD Mastering Bundle (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564274)

Dane Johnson 11-20-2019 02:30 PM

UAD Mastering Bundle
 
Can anyone speak to the value of this bundle? If so how was the learning curve?
Iím working on an album and wonder if itís worth my time and $$ to invest in.

At this stage I have about 12 songs of which most are complete.
I havenít used any EQ on any of them because Iím happy with the sound. It was painstaking to remove the boom from the guitar but did so by better technique and adjusting input levels. Iíve removed all of the clipping from each project.

Iím getting to the point where I want the songs to get closer to a finished product.

I have the Apollo Twin and have various plug ins for it:
LA-2A, Reverbsís, and other compression and limiters.
Iím trying to keep the organic sound from my guitars.

jim1960 11-20-2019 04:32 PM

You can certainly master with it but I think you'd have an easier time with Izotope's Ozone 9 standard for the same price.

slooky 11-20-2019 04:45 PM

I use free plugins off the internet. Some are from Reaper and Ozone 8 was free until october 2nd. Which DAW are you using?

Dane Johnson 11-20-2019 05:25 PM

Using Logic. Iím so far happy with Apollo and UAD plug ins.

guitarua 11-20-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Johnson (Post 6216610)
Can anyone speak to the value of this bundle? If so how was the learning curve?
Iím working on an album and wonder if itís worth my time and $$ to invest in.

At this stage I have about 12 songs of which most are complete.
I havenít used any EQ on any of them because Iím happy with the sound. It was painstaking to remove the boom from the guitar but did so by better technique and adjusting input levels. Iíve removed all of the clipping from each project.

Iím getting to the point where I want the songs to get closer to a finished product.

I have the Apollo Twin and have various plug ins for it:
LA-2A, Reverbsís, and other compression and limiters.
Iím trying to keep the organic sound from my guitars.

I don't see a "mastering" suite on their site. What plugs does it include?

Dane Johnson 11-20-2019 05:44 PM

Watched some intro videoís for Ozone 9.

It appears as though you can have each song open so you can properly manage levels from one to next for consistency? If true this is exactly what Iím looking for.

Any more info on why Ozone was a top choice. Specifics please.

Dane Johnson 11-20-2019 05:47 PM

Guitarua,

If you are referring to UAD:
Link:
https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/m...ng-bundle.html

It appears to include Precision EQ, Precision Limiter, Precision Multiband

jim1960 11-20-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Johnson (Post 6216786)
Watched some intro videoís for Ozone 9.

It appears as though you can have each song open so you can properly manage levels from one to next for consistency? If true this is exactly what Iím looking for.

Any more info on why Ozone was a top choice. Specifics please.

The level of integration with Ozone's various parts is nice. The parts work together well and there's some level of AI (for lack of a better term) that can help you get close to a finished work. I think for a beginner, Ozone will help you learn whereas with the UAD bundle you have to bring a higher level of knowledge to the table to get equal results.

Andy Howell 11-21-2019 01:35 AM

Ozone is great but you can master with stock plugins or cheaper ones. Tonebusterís Barricade 4 is a great limiter and Klanghelmís compressors are impressive. Lots of decent videos on the web about the signal chains that can be used.

guitarua 11-21-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane Johnson (Post 6216791)
Guitarua,

If you are referring to UAD:
Link:
https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/m...ng-bundle.html

It appears to include Precision EQ, Precision Limiter, Precision Multiband

I would agree with Jim here. UAD would work but require deeper knowledge to integrate it the same way Ozone would.

Doug Young 11-22-2019 04:59 AM

ďMasteringĒ is less about the tools than it is knowing what to do (and not do), and even more about hearing whats needed for any given recording -so great monitoring is perhaps the most important piece of gear needed. Both of these sets of tools are useful, and good quality. I use Ozone all the time, and find it indispensable, but i also like and use tons of UAD plugins. Either can do what you probably need to do.

jim1960 11-22-2019 01:15 PM

Ozone 9 is on sale at Best Service for $185.47 if anyone might want it.

Scott Whigham 11-24-2019 07:11 AM

Apologies if someone has already posted but UAD typically has their best deals during their Twelve Days of UAD sale preceding Black Friday. Ends Nov 29: https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/on-sale.html

They have the Precision bundle now for $166


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=