The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Show us your BREEDLOVES (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349035)

HAMFIST 07-13-2014 09:36 PM

Show us your BREEDLOVES
 
So there are a lot of threads here regarding Martin, Gibson, boo-teek builders like Santa Cruz and luthier-built instruments. One major builder I am not seeing much stuff here for is Breedlove.

On some boards, I see folks rip on Breedlove because they are modern. They are not anything Arlo Guthrie played. The headstock is not symetrical. All of these ... true.

I like me a Martin or a Gibson or a Santa Cruz model F as much as they next guy, but I am drawn more to Breedlove. They are doing things with construction and design that nobody else is, to tremendous effect.

So show me your Breedloves!

Here are mine ... I am short, so I play smaller guitars. Both of my Breedloves are the concert body shape, which due to depth and design has plenty of bass. Due to bracing differences (one w the bridge truss, one without) the guitars are very different beasts tonally.

Breedlove C20 SM American series. Bight. Powerful. Stands up for itself in competition with other instruments acoustically.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...140701_002.jpg

Breedlove C20 SMYR limited edition Oregon series. Complex. Rich. Sophisticated.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...nn/c20smyr.png

motojosh 07-13-2014 10:15 PM

I'll take some better pictures of it soon, but here's the Oregon Concert that I brought home a few weeks ago. This was the pic that I took as soon as I got home. Played it every day since.....

http://motojosh.smugmug.com/photos/i...xX254wR-XL.jpg

AZLiberty 07-14-2014 01:05 AM

Breedlove American Series C20/SR
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...eedlove005.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...eedlove007.jpg

The finish is so shiny you can see the reflection of the grass blades in the Rosewood.

guit3090 07-14-2014 01:55 AM

I like the tone which the JDL bracing system helps give, had an Atlas OM for a short time.

Bearclaw Spruce 07-14-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMFIST (Post 4038873)
So there are a lot of threads here regarding Martin, Gibson, boo-teek builders like Santa Cruz and luthier-built instruments. One major builder I am not seeing much stuff here for is Breedlove.

On some boards, I see folks rip on Breedlove because they are modern. They are not anything Arlo Guthrie played. The headstock is not symetrical. All of these ... true.

I like me a Martin or a Gibson or a Santa Cruz model F as much as they next guy, but I am drawn more to Breedlove. They are doing things with construction and design that nobody else is, to tremendous effect.

So show me your Breedloves!

Here are mine ... I am short, so I play smaller guitars. Both of my Breedloves are the concert body shape, which due to depth and design has plenty of bass.

Actually one builder whose innovation and modern building techniques you have failed to mention is Taylor Guitars, and I believe Breedlove's concert shape is based on Taylor's original Grand Concert body. Breedlove is innovative, but they are not the only company.

44Runner 07-14-2014 04:52 AM

Not mine but I really like it. I noticed Ted just added a SEXY Breedlove to his stupid deals page:

http://laguitarsales.com/tools/local...062c8d24fc.jpg

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=346473

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...6&postcount=14

Yeah. I wouldn't mind one of those. Having already ordered from Ted's stupid deals I guarantee the price is amazing.

HAMFIST 07-14-2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw Spruce (Post 4039037)
Actually one builder whose innovation and modern building techniques you have failed to mention is Taylor Guitars, and I believe Breedlove's concert shape is based on Taylor's original Grand Concert body. Breedlove is innovative, but they are not the only company.

Of course Kim and Larry Breedlove and Scott Henderson metriculated in the Taylor shop.

Taylor I think innovated quite a bit in terms of making the nontraditional neck joint more common and acceptable. Other builders including Gurian, Tacoma, etc. have used them, but Taylor really dida quite a bit to use it as a way to lower the cost of finishing the instruments because neck and body can be finished separately.

I know this board started as a Taylor enthusiast forum, but have not played an early Taylors, but the more modern ones frankly have never grabbed me. We don't want the thread hijacked ... topic for another day.

Treenewt 07-14-2014 06:50 AM

I stumbled on this American OM/SM last year and have enjoyed every minute of it. The build quality is excellent, playability is great, and the tone is nice and warm. Very punchy and clean. It has a Baggs Lyric in it and sounds great plugged in. Not a "traditional" Breedlove I guess but I love It!

Here it is alongside my Martins a couple weeks ago.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/a...psgykyptj6.jpg

paulzoom 07-14-2014 06:54 AM

Breedlove Focus SE, Redwood top and rosewood back and sides and a Breedlove American D20Sme, spruce top with mahogany back and sides.

http://www.paulzoom.com/breedlove-focus1.jpg

http://www.paulzoom.com/breedloveD1.jpg

HAMFIST 07-14-2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treenewt (Post 4039145)
I stumbled on this American OM/SM last year and have enjoyed every minute of it. The build quality is excellent, playability is great, and the tone is nice and warm. Very punchy and clean. It has a Baggs Lyric in it and sounds great plugged in. Not a "traditional" Breedlove I guess but I love It!

Here it is alongside my Martins a couple weeks ago.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/a...psgykyptj6.jpg

How is the American OM-SM not a traditional Breedlove? Does it lack the bridge truss or something.

My Oregon series concert does not have the truss. The American does. VERY different bracing patterns and voices.

HAMFIST 07-14-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44Runner (Post 4039042)
Not mine but I really like it. I noticed Ted just added a SEXY Breedlove to his stupid deals page:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...6&postcount=14

Yeah. I wouldn't mind one of those. Having already ordered from Ted's stupid deals I guarantee the price is amazing.

I am tempted to call, just out of curiosity, but would not waste their time. My wife wants to redo the kitchen after all. And if she even THOUGHT I was looking at another guitar, much less one with a sinker rosewood top, I would be done for.

markallen 07-14-2014 07:57 AM

Custom 000 12 fret with Sinker top and Cocobolo B/S. This is currently up for sale over in the classifieds.
Cheers,
Mark
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...m/DSC00021.jpg

Gorquin 07-14-2014 07:57 AM

I haven't given Breedlove a look and perhaps I should have.
What model designations separate the USA models from Imports?

I LOVE the sound of my Martin OMC-28 BUT can't get used to the wider neck and string spacing. It's 1.75" at the nut and 2 1/4" bridge spacing.
I also have an old Guild D40, my first good acoustic, and it's a bit small at 1 5/8" at the nut. SoI need an 00, 000, or OM, preferably with a cutaway, that has a 1 11/16" Nut and 1 1/8" String spacing.

Any suggestions for a Breedlove that fits that bill?

44Runner 07-14-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMFIST (Post 4039202)
I am tempted to call, just out of curiosity, but would not waste their time. My wife wants to redo the kitchen after all. And if she even THOUGHT I was looking at another guitar, much less one with a sinker rosewood top, I would be done for.

Look, call him. I have bought two of his stupid deals now because they were something I wanted and the price was too good to pass up. The second will be here today. If not simply to satisfy your curiosity. Ted is great to deal with.

skitoolong 07-14-2014 08:25 AM

My humble contribution
Breedlove C25/CRe-h

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/...psa773ae68.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum

vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=