The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Incoming NGD-Rainsong CH-WS w/ Anthem (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529884)

Matt McGriff 11-30-2018 12:40 PM

Incoming NGD-Rainsong CH-WS w/ Anthem

I’ve been using a McPherson Sable for a couple of years to play at church and have struggled with liking the Element pickup. I have been using a small Boss pedalboard I put together (Acoustic Preamp, EQ and Tuner) and it has worked pretty well, except for the transport and setup/breakdown. We have now switched to a service schedule that literally gives me two minutes to get my setup off stage as new staging, etc are brought in for the next service. And we are going to start playing another service in a separate auditorium fifteen minutes after breaking down the first service. Sorry for the long winded explanation, but this has led me to needing a self contained, plug straight in the PA, instrument with no need for extraneous tuner pedals, preamps, etc. so I have decided to go with the Rainsong CH-WS with the Anthem Stagepro. Should have it in the next two weeks, looking forward to it’s arrival.

Earl49 11-30-2018 01:51 PM

Not the same thing, but my WS-1000 with Fishman blender on board (2001 vintage) is the best sounding stage guitar that I own. One-third mic blended with two-thirds piezo - pretty sweet combo, and I can dial out the microphone entirely if I happen to be playing in a high noise environment.

MiG50 11-30-2018 02:16 PM

I have a CH-WS, but mine has the Element. That said, the preamp gives me all the flexibility I would need to plug-and-play, so I would imagine the Anthem version would be just as good. Tuner and EQ on-board, just need a DI.

The guitar is definitely built to be a workhorse, so you should be set on the quick changes and setups. Might not even need to tune between the two sets!

Finger Stylish 11-30-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McGriff (Post 5905001)
I’ve been using a McPherson Sable for a couple of years to play at church and have struggled with liking the Element pickup. I have been using a small Boss pedalboard I put together (Acoustic Preamp, EQ and Tuner) and it has worked pretty well, except for the transport and setup/breakdown. We have now switched to a service schedule that literally gives me two minutes to get my setup off stage as new staging, etc are brought in for the next service. And we are going to start playing another service in a separate auditorium fifteen minutes after breaking down the first service. Sorry for the long winded explanation, but this has led me to needing a self contained, plug straight in the PA, instrument with no need for extraneous tuner pedals, preamps, etc. so I have decided to go with the Rainsong CH-WS with the Anthem Stagepro. Should have it in the next two weeks, looking forward to it’s arrival.

Rainsongs make players and listeners happy! :D

Matt McGriff 11-30-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finger Stylish (Post 5905097)
Rainsongs make players and listeners happy! :D

My last CF guitar was a Rainsong hybrid dread with the fishman prefix that I ran through an aura 16 pedal and in retrospect I loved that setup. Can’t wait to get the CH.

kramster 12-01-2018 03:41 AM

You are gonna love that guitar...I have one around here someplace. Nice balanced tone and so light.