The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fingerstyle: "Borsalino" (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168548)

MitchC 11-11-2009 08:58 PM

Fingerstyle: "Borsalino"

Another version of a Tommy E track, "Borsalino"... what a FUN, FUN tune to play. Makes me smile every time I play it or hear it ! Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.resohangout.com/myhangout...p?musicid=5441

rick-slo 11-11-2009 09:06 PM

Another nice job although personally I'd like to hear the guitar pure without all the other hoopla.

mesa 11-11-2009 09:22 PM

Outstanding Mitch....sure hope your playing to put beans on the table :)

David Hilyard 11-11-2009 11:10 PM

Yup, another nice rendition. You sure have Tommy's sound down, as well. I don't think I've heard a guitar sound like that other than a Maton in Tommy's hands. You've done some serious wood-shedding. Very nice to listen to.

Thanks for posting.

waypoint 11-12-2009 07:58 PM

I am just about done with Borsalino :)

Practice makes perfect and I am driving my wife nuts !

One heck of a fret board finger stretching exercise ,, isn't it ? lol

MitchC 11-12-2009 08:17 PM

Thanks much guys ! Your comments are very much appreciated.

My wife, when she wants to hear this tune, always says "Play the Charlie Chaplan" tune :lol: ... I admit, I can see this tune behind a shot of him walking along and twriling a cane...

Interesting comment about the sound of the guitar. By concentrating on "being" Tommy to the best of my ability, I think THAT is what makes the guitar sound like his... Tommy could play most any guitar, and it would sound... like Tommy.... that aside, I was pleased with the sound I got on these recordings.

Thanks again guys.... a couple more still to come.

MitchC 11-13-2009 10:05 AM

David (or anyone else)

Snag that Taylor 514CEAB in the classifieds. Basically the same guitar I used on these recordings. Great fingerstyle guitar. Mellow, with a very smooth high end bite to it.

15 Man 11-13-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesa (Post 2018827)
Outstanding Mitch....sure hope your playing to put beans on the table :)

Me too! At least I hope your giging out someplace a little bit. To say that you have Tommy's sound down is an understatement. I haven't heard anyone else duplicate his sound so closely. I can't imagine how long it took you to get those down like that. Do you read music? I'm guessing that you do. I don't and I'm chipping away with a few of his songs with the tab versions. I'll get there some day! I'm honestly envious of your playing. Keep 'em coming!!

BTW - His songs sound pretty good on my all Mahogany 000-15 too!

MitchC 11-13-2009 06:43 PM

Thanks ! Bill...nope, don't read music. Total "ear" player....always have been.

I must have played all these Tommy E tunes hundreds of times before I even attempted to record them.

Me, headphones, a good tune, a solitary place to "hide out" in... ahhh man I love it... not too "family friendly" though, so I have to come out of my "cave" every now and then and just veg on the couch with my wife and watch some mindless TV or movie... Gotta keep peace. I lost one wife to my passion... don't wanna lose another !

220volt 11-23-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchC (Post 2020688)
Thanks ! Bill...nope, don't read music. Total "ear" player....always have been.

I must have played all these Tommy E tunes hundreds of times before I even attempted to record them.

Me, headphones, a good tune, a solitary place to "hide out" in... ahhh man I love it... not too "family friendly" though, so I have to come out of my "cave" every now and then and just veg on the couch with my wife and watch some mindless TV or movie... Gotta keep peace. I lost one wife to my passion... don't wanna lose another !

He he. It's the same way in my household. I actually have to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and "American Idol". Small price to pay to left alone with your passion.

Excellent cover. Very close to from "When the fingerpickers took over the world"

MitchC 11-23-2009 09:01 PM

Thanks volt ! -- -Yep, I have to "do time" with "House MD", "American Idol" and an occassional "Law And Order" or "CSI" episodes.... such a SMALL price to pay for peace in the family ! LOL

Bob1131 11-24-2009 05:01 PM

Mitch, excellent work! Thoroughly enjoyed the listen! I'm looking forward to your next offering(s)!

deepnback 11-24-2009 05:03 PM

Bravo, standig ovations from Mainz/Germany :o)

MitchC 11-24-2009 08:07 PM

Bob, Rolli... thank you guys so much for taking time to listen and comment. Salute !

MitchC 07-08-2010 09:15 PM

Any of you guys do this tune ? Would love to hear some other versions. Send links ? Thanks.