The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acoustic Amplification (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pedal to add some soft feedback/distortion? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602838)

Pickles 01-02-2021 07:15 PM

Pedal to add some soft feedback/distortion?

Hi, does anybody know how to add some soft feedback/distortion effect with an acoustic guitar and amplifier?

I was thinking a Boss FB-2 or Moog MF Drive might work, but I don't have the money right now to buy them to try. :)

AeroUSA 01-02-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 6593767)
Hi, does anybody know how to add some soft feedback/distortion effect with an acoustic guitar and amplifier?

I was thinking a Boss FB-2 or Moog MF Drive might work, but I don't have the money right now to buy them to try. :)

I like this:

JWJ915 01-02-2021 07:25 PM

I like the JHS Morning Glory. Super transparent and can add just a hair of distortion. The Sparkle Drive is another good one with acoustics.

Chriscom 01-03-2021 10:21 AM

That Fender pedal looks great.

An acoustic duo I saw a couple summers ago used an Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini very effectively. I recently picked one up to see if I could duplicate that, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

T.Lime 01-06-2021 08:31 AM

TC electronics do a very nice soft overdrive pedal... the Cinders.... runs the gamut from oh so subtle to mildly crunchy

ZebraKing 01-06-2021 08:56 AM

I play a Martin HD-28 with LR Baggs Anthem.

I've used a Boss Blues Driver and Soul Food Bass. They are pretty good but change the color of the sound quite a bit.

I also tried the Fender Smolder and it also worked ok but just didn't like the gain tone that much, it was pretty fuzzy to me. Plus the pedal is huge and has a blinding bright LED.

I actually am now using a Neunaber Neuron. It runs the gamut of gain, but keeping the gain pretty low works great. To my ears the tone is very natural, and sounds better with an acoustic than pedals that let you blend in the dry signal. It is also really functional and you can set 6 presets, configure with a desktop app, control with MIDI, etc.

SupremeDalek 01-06-2021 10:02 AM

I use a Boss SD1 with my acoustics, and I'll pair it with a Carbon Comp delay into my Super. The SD1 has a surprisingly large range. It's cheap, sounds good, and it's bulletproof.

Steve36 01-14-2021 10:55 PM

I like tube screamer style pedals (especially the sparkle drive with the ability to blend the clean signal in), and the Boss SD1. I have and use both but currently prefer Klon based pedals (mxr sugar drive is on my gig board at the moment). I get the most headroom out of the sugar drive too.

Steve